Detailed system requirements
Jazz™ for Service Management and its integration services have hardware and software requirements, including supported middleware and installation technologies.
Always up-to-date system requirement reports can be dynamically generated by using the Software Product Compatibility Reports (SPCR) tool.
You can select detailed system requirement reports, filtered by different criteria such as operating system or integration service. Note that clicking a link will always generate a new, up-to-date report.
Versions: 1.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
by integration service
by installation technology
- Port availability
Ensure that you have a range of 14 port numbers free, starting with the HTTP port number when you create the Jazz for Service Management WebSphere® application server profile. The default HTTP port number that starts the sequence is 16310. If this port is already in use, you can change its value in Installation Manager GUI and Installation Manager automatically updates the sequence for the remaining ports. You can also manually assign ports in the Installation Manager GUI, or in an Installation Manager response file before you run a silent installation. When you run a silent installation, ensure that all specified ports are available. Therefore, the application server might not use 14 subsequent port numbers.
- Host name values for Jazz for Service Management application servers
Jazz for Service Management requires that any machine that hosts a Jazz for Service Management application server adheres to the IBM WebSphere Application Server host name specifications, for example, host names cannot contain characters from the double-byte character set (DBCS) or underscore characters. See Host name values in the IBM WebSphere Application Server documentation in IBM Knowledge Center.
- User account and privileges
Jazz for Service Management installation supports local and network user accounts with appropriate privileges. See Installing as a root user or non-root user in the Jazz for Service Management documentation in IBM Knowledge Center.
- No support for IBM® WebSphere® Application Server Version 184.108.40.206 in Versions 1.1 and Fix Pack 1
Jazz for Service Management does not support WebSphere Application Server Version 220.127.116.11. in Version 1.1 and Version 18.104.22.168
Ensure that you use one of the following supported versions of WebSphere Application Server:
- Version 22.214.171.124 64-bit or later fix packs for all integration services except Tivoli Common Reporting, which requires Version 126.96.36.199 64-bit or later fix packs
- Version 188.8.131.52 64-bit, which is bundled with the full refresh of Jazz for Service Management Version 184.108.40.206
- Version 8.5.5 64-bit, which has known issues and limitations for some Jazz for Service Management integration services. See Jazz for Service Management support for IBM WebSphere Application Server Version 8.5.5 technote.
Jazz for Service Management has an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the forums and the blog. Review the wiki on topics such as best practices. You can also learn more about upcoming releases, provide feedback, or suggest enhancements.
Original publication date