Some product support information is available only to IBM clients who have registered for service and support. This document explains the general steps to be able to view the protected content.
The verification system used by IBM to protect "Locked" product support content in the IBM Support Portal is the same used to authenticate Service Request (SR, or PMR) access. To achieve this, IBM requires that your IBM login ID (the self-registered credentials) is associated with a valid IBM Customer Number (ICN). The access is:
- For IBM clients: must have full access and current registration under an ICN with valid contract for the product.
- For IBM Business Partners: must have full access and current registration under an ICN with valid contract for the product or have a Value Pack or Value Option.
- For IBM employees and contractors: use your IBM Intranet ID and password.
The complete solution is described below, not all steps are necessary in each case.
Create an IBM User ID account:
- Go to create your Profile in "IBM registration page" at: https://www.ibm.com/account/myibm/profile.do?cc=us&lc=en&page=reg
- Fill out all information requested using your company's email address.
How to Register in the Service Request site:
- Access the Service Request (SR) page at http://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/
- Enter your IBM login ID and password. If you do not have a login ID, click the "Register Now" link located just above the login box to create your login/password.
- Step 1 - Request access: Enter your IBM customer number, select the country/region, and click Submit
- Step 2 - Verify email address: Click the Send verification email button. This will send you an email with a registration code.
- Step 3 - Enter registration code: Enter the registration code that was sent to you into the Registration code field and click Submit.
- Step 4 - Registration success: Click Return back to my agreements to see the status of your access request
After completing this registration, you should have access to the "Locked" content , indicated by the icon of a key next to the title in the IBM Support Portal or in search results (example view) :
(only by Technical Contact and Administrators)
- Log into SR https://www.ibm.com/support/servicerequest/
- Choose "User Administration" from within the "Manage support registrations" box on the left
- Select "Add" from the upper menu in the main page
- Enter the IBM ID and the access level of the user
- Choose to link to all agreements (default) or select a specific agreement
- Click "Add User".
Some relevant IBM Videos for additional information:
- Service Request Registration Process video
- Service request to Technical Contact - Manage access video
- eSupport Channel - YouTube videos (in English, Portuguese and Spanish languages).
|Enterprise Content Management||Atlas eDiscovery Cost Forecasting and Management|