Detailed system requirements
This document provides information about prerequisites for IBM InfoSphere Optim Solution for z/OS and its features and components.
- Complete documentation is available on line at:http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/optz/v7r2/index.jsp
- When documentation refers to COBOL, the level of COBOL is Enterprise COBOL for z/OS 4.2, 5655-S71
- DFSORT is used in functions such as ARCHIVE INDEX creation. In order for DFSORT to process large amounts of data, APAR PM77027 / PTF UK83743 is required.
- A minimum TSO region size of 32M is recommended. If a lower region size is used, processing large numbers of objects may limit product functions and cause "out of storage" conditions.
- These default LE processing options are recommended:
HEAP(...,ANYWHERE,...) and ANYHEAP(...,ANYWHERE,...).
Using HEAP/ANYHEAP(...,BELOW,...) may limit product functions and cause "out of storage" conditions.
- During installation Optim attempts to obtain the DB2 release value of the target DB2 subsystem through the DSNREXX interface. Therefore the DSNREXX plan must be bound and accessible by the Optim installer in the target DB2 subsystem. Also, the DSNREXX load module must be made available through the TSO logon procedure (STEPLIB or ISPLLIB), the system link list, or the link pack area. If the installer fails to obtain the DB2 release information using DSNREXX, it will attempt to load DSNHDECP to obtain the release value.
Database and Platform Considerations
|DB2 for z/OS 9.1||Supported|
|DB2 for z/OS 10.1||Supported|
|DB2 for z/OS 11.1||Supported|
IBM InfoSphere Optim Solution for z/OS 7.2 is packaged with IBM Optim 9.1. Use the following link to see Detailed System Requirements for the Optim 9.1 solutions and components: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?&uid=swg27024294