This document contains instructions for installing IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V4.1 as a plugin for IBM Data Studio client V3.2 or V4.1.
IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio is the graphical user interface (GUI) for the administration of IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS.
In earlier versions of IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS, the product DVD bundled up IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1 and IBM Data Studio Administration client V3.1.1 so that both components were installed together.
You can now install IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V4.1 as an extension of IBM Data Studio V3.2 or V4.1, but this change requires you to use IBM Installation Manager for the installation.
Why upgrade to IBM Data Studio V3.2 or V4.1?
IBM Data Studio 3.2 provides new functions that are relevant to IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS V3.1 and V4.1 in the following areas:
- Syntax validation of the DB2-supplied special registers CURRENT QUERY ACCELERATION and CURRENT GET_ACCEL_ARCHIVE in the SQL Script Editor
- Support for the new values ALL and ELIGIBLE of the CURRENT QUERY ACCELERATION special register in Visual Explain
- Support for the CURRENT GET_ACCEL_ARCHIVE special register in Visual Explain
- Automatic creation of the DSN_QUERYINFO_TABLE in the "Configure for Tuning" step. With DSN_QUERYINFO_TABLE, additional DB2 EXPLAIN information about accelerated queries can be extracted and visualized in an access plan graph.
To install IBM Data Studio V3.2 or V4.1 and IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V4.1, you first download, install, and start a preconfigured version of IBM Installation Manager from the web. IBM Installation Manager handles the download and installation of the other two components.
- Open the IBM Data Studio download page at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/im/data/.
- In the "Download" section, click the Download button for Data Studio client and 3rd-party product extensions.
- On the password page, enter your IBM ID and password.
- On the license confirmation page, select I agree to accept the Installation Manager license and click, Iconfirm.
- On the download page, select the proper IBM Installation Manager program for your operating system and click Download now.
- Optional: If your browser does not support Java(TM) plug-ins, click the Download using http tab and click the Download now button after selecting the IBM Installation Manager program of your choice.
- When the download is complete, confirm the message Would you like to launch this file?
- IBM Installation Manager starts. Follow the instructions in the IBM Installation Manager wizard and select the IBM Data Studio and IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio features to be installed.
A. Downloading an IBM Installation Manager repository
In the following cases, you might want to download a compressed archive of the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio repository for IBM Installation Manager rather than following the previous instructions.
- If you do not have a direct internet connection or your intranet uses a proxy server to connect to the internet
- If you want to install the product on many computers without an internet connection
You can download the repository from
and then point IBM Installation Manager to the repository.config file in the downloaded, extracted repository.
See the IBM Installation Manager support page for more information:
B. Downloading the IBM Data Studio Client V4.1 with IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V4.1 full image
If you want a fully self-contained installation that includes all components (IBM Installation Manager, IBM Data Studio Client, and IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio) follow these steps:
- Open the IBM Data Studio download page at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/im/data/
- Click the Download trial button on the right.
- In the "Choose your preferred platform" window, in the Optional downloads section, click the Download button for Data Studio V4.1 client with IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V4.1.
- On the DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio page, enter your IBM ID and password, then click Sign in. If you do not have an IBM ID, click Proceed without an IBM ID and provide the requested information.
- On the license confirmation page or at the end of the License section, select I agree to accept the IBM DB Analytics Accelerator license and click I confirm.
- On the download page, next to DB2 Analytics Accelerator V4.1 Full Image (Windows), click Download now.
- When the download is complete, extract the archive file and start the setup.exe program.
- The launchpad starts. Follow the instructions and select the IBM Data Studio and the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio features for the installation.