This document contains instructions for installing IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1 as a plugin for IBM Data Studio client V3.2.
IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1 is the graphical user interface (GUI) for the administration of IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS V3.1.
On the product DVD of IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS V3.1, IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1 and IBM Data Studio Administration client V3.1.1 are bundled up in a single installation package. Extracting the code from the package installs both components.
You can now use IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1 with IBM Data Studio V3.2, but this change requires you to use IBM Installation Manager for the installation.
Why upgrade to IBM Data Studio V3.2?
IBM Data Studio 3.2 provides new functions that are relevant to IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS V3.1 in the following areas:
- Syntax validation of the DB2-supplied special registers CURRENT QUERY ACCELERATION and CURRENT GET_ACCEL_ARCHIVE in the SQL Script Editor
- Support for the new values ALL and ELIGIBLE of the CURRENT QUERY ACCELERATION special register in Visual Explain
- Support for the CURRENT GET_ACCEL_ARCHIVE special register in Visual Explain
- Automatic creation of the DSN_QUERYINFO_TABLE in the "Configure for Tuning" step. With DSN_QUERYINFO_TABLE, additional DB2 EXPLAIN information about accelerated queries can be extracted and visualized in an access plan graph.
To install IBM Data Studio 3.2 and IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1, you first download, install, and start a preconfigured version of IBM Installation Manager from the web. IBM Installation Manager handles the download and installation of the other two components.
- Open the IBM Data Studio download page at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/downloads/im/data/.
- In the "Download" section, click the Download button for Data Studio client and 3rd-party product extensions.
- On the password page, enter your IBM ID and password.
- On the license confirmation page, select I agree to accept the Installation Manager license and click, Iconfirm.
- On the download page, select the proper IBM Installation Manager program for your operating system and click Download now.
- Optional: If your browser does not support Java(TM) plug-ins, click the Download using http tab and click the Download now button after selecting the IBM Installation Manager program of your choice.
- When the download is complete, confirm the message Would you like to launch this file?
- IBM Installation Manager starts. Follow the instructions in the IBM Installation Manager wizard and select the IBM Data Studio and IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio features to be installed.
In the following cases, you might want to download a compressed archive of the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio repository for IBM Installation Manager rather than following the previous instructions.
- If you do not have a direct internet connection or your intranet uses a proxy server to connect to the internet
- If you want to install the product on many computers without an internet connection
You can download the repository from http://download4.boulder.ibm.com/sar/CMA/IMA/03quc/0/idaav3ptf2.zip and then point IBM Installation Manager to the downloaded, extracted repository.
See the IBM Installation Manager support page for more information:
If you encounter problems with IBM Installation Manager, you can continue to use the one-step installation program on the IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS V3.1 product DVD. The installation program on the DVD is based on InstallAnywhere technology and will install an earlier release of IBM Data Studio (V3.1.1). However, if you choose this option, you will not be able to use the new features that were introduced with IBM Data Studio V3.2.
If you follow the procedure under "Installation instructions", IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1 is installed as an extension of IBM Data Studio V3.2.
In contrast, the installation program on the product DVD installs IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio as a separate product.
You might notice the following differences:
- On Windows, the default folder in the start menu is named \IBM Data Studio\ instead of \IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio\.
- The name of the default workspace is different. If you want to reuse your existing workspace for IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio, select the following directory path in the workspace launcher that is displayed when you start IBM Data Studio:
"C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\IBM\DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio 3.1\workspace".
where <username> is the name of the log-on user. This is the default workspace directory for IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1. You might have used a custom directory with earlier versions of the program, in which case you must change your selection accordingly.
- When you start the IBM Data Studio Administration client, the "Accelerator" perspective is not the default perspective. To activate the "Accelerator" perspective, select Window -> Open Perspective -> Other -> Accelerator from the menu bar.
- DB2 Analytics Accelerator Studio V3.1 is available in English only. However, your version of IBM Data Studio might display some interface elements in the language that you specified in the regional settings of your operating system. To avoid a mixture of elements in English and another language, configure the IBM Data Studio version that you use for IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS to display all interface elements in English only. To do that, follow steps:
1. Locate the eclipse.exe file in the file path of your IBM Data Studio installation.
2. Start IBM Data Studio by running the following command:
eclipse.exe "-nl en_US"
On Windows, you can also complete these steps to the same end:
1. Right-click the Data Studio 3.2 Client shortcut and select Properties from the menu.
2. In the Properties Wizard, on the Shortcut tab, edit the Target field: At the end of the target entry add
a space character followed by "-nl en_US".
3. Click OK.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.