Enabling NTLM version 2 support in IBM Rational Performance Tester
Setting up and enabling NT LAN Manager version 2 (NTLM v2) in IBM Rational Performance Tester.
NTLM v2 is available in Rational Performance Tester starting with version 184.108.40.206. You can record an NTLM v2 authentication sequence and replay it in a test.
To run the resulting test, Rational Performance Tester requires a third party library that is not delivered with the product.
To download this library and install it with the product:
1. Download the archive file from http://jcifs.samba.org/src/. Rational Performance Tester supports jcifs-1.3.17 or later.
2. Extract the file to a temporary location. The extracted folder will have a jcifs-<version>.jar file. Copy that .jar file to the following directory:
If you discover more than one directory matches this pattern, choose the one with the most recent <version>. For instance, if you find com.ibm.rational.test.lt.provider_7.1.110.v20170130_1820 and com.ibm.rational.test.lt.provider_7.1.205.v20171025_0507 then choose the latter.
3. If the extracted jar was jcifs-1.3.19.jar, then rename it to jcifs-1.3.18.jar. RPT will not recognize the later version but renaming the file resolves this.
4. In the Rational Performance Tester workbench, when you edit a test, select NTLM V2 in the test element details.
5. By default, the HTTP test generation does not enable NTLM V2 authentication, even if it was recorded.
To automatically enable the correct NTLM version from the recording, in Rational Performance Tester, click Window -> Preferences -> Test -> Test Generation -> HTTP Test Generation and set the NTLM V2 setting to Automatic.
In older RPT versions, the preferences will look like this:
More support for:
Rational Performance Tester
Component: Test Configurations
Software version: 220.127.116.11
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 7036836
Modified date: 30 November 2018