This document provides information on the release of WebSphere® Transformation Extender Pack for NCPDP version 4.4.1
IBM WebSphere® Transformation Extender Pack for NCPDP release notes
© Copyright IBM Corporation 2006, 2012. All Rights Reserved.
1. About this release
2. Installation and configuration information
3. Known limitations, problems and workarounds
4. New and changed behavior
5. Resolved Authorized Program Analysis Reports (APARS)
6. Contacting customer support
7. Notices and trademarks
1. ABOUT THIS RELEASE
What's new in this release
Variants have been added to the NCPDP type trees to correspond to the NCPDP implementation process for various versions of the External Code Lists. The names of the type trees that are shipped with the pack now include the year and month of the External Code List publication applied.
Documentation for this product is provided in Portable Document Format (PDF) and in an IBM Eclipse help system called an information center. Instructions for accessing both the PDF documentation and the information center are provided below. For more information about WebSphere Transformation Extender product documentation, see the Documentation release notes.
PDF documentation installs with the product. After the installation is complete, you can access the documentation from the Windows Start menu.
Documentation for this product is also available in the WebSphere Transformation Extender information center which installs with the product and is accessed through the WebSphere Transformation Extender Design Studio Help menu and from the Windows Start menu. An on-line version of the information center is also available.
Documentation for this release is provided in English (United States) only.
2. INSTALLATION AND CONFIGURATION INFORMATION
Before you install this version of the pack, one of the versions of WebSphere Transformation Extender listed in the following table must first be installed.
If you are installing the pack from the ESD site, install the pack using the executable ( *.exe) file associated with your WebSphere Transformation base product as indicated in the table below:
|WebSphere Transformation Extender base product required||ESD site executable file|
Installing the pack
Follow these steps to install the pack on Windows systems:
- Obtain the product media, or image, from the Support Downloads page.
- Run the setup.exe command. If you are installing the pack from the ESD site, run the part_number.exe command (see the table above).
- Follow the instructions in the installation program.
Uninstalling the pack
Follow these steps to uninstall the pack from Windows systems:
- Click Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select the pack that you want to remove.
- Click Change/Remove and follow the prompts.
3. KNOWN LIMITATIONS, PROBLEMS, AND WORKAROUNDS
4. NEW AND CHANGED BEHAVIOR
5. RESOLVED AUTHORIZED PROGRAM ANALYSIS REPORTS (APARs)
6. CONTACTING CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Contact Customer Support at 1-800-IBM-SERV, or go to the support portal.
7. NOTICES AND TRADEMARKS
This information was developed for products and services offered in
IBM may not offer the products, services, or features discussed in
this document in other countries. Consult your local IBM
representative for information on the products and services currently
available in your area. Any reference to an IBM product, program, or
service is not intended to state or imply that only that IBM product,
program, or service may be used. Any functionally equivalent product,
program, or service that does not infringe any IBM intellectual
property right may be used instead. However, it is the user's
responsibility to evaluate and verify the operation of any non-IBM
product, program, or service.
IBM may have patents or pending patent applications covering subject
matter described in this document. The furnishing of this document
does not grant you any license to these patents. You can send license
inquiries, in writing, to:
IBM Director of Licensing
North Castle Drive
Armonk, NY 10504-1785
For license inquiries regarding double-byte (DBCS) information,
contact the IBM Intellectual Property Department in your country or
send inquiries, in writing, to:
IBM World Trade Asia Corporation Licensing
2-31 Roppongi 3-chome, Minato-ku
Tokyo 106-0032, Japan
The following paragraph does not apply to the United Kingdom or any
other country where such provisions are inconsistent with local law:
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORPORATION PROVIDES THIS PUBLICATION "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
Some states do not allow disclaimer of express or implied warranties
in certain transactions, therefore, this statement may not apply to you.
This information could include technical inaccuracies or
typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the
information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new
editions of the publication. IBM may make improvements and/or
changes in the product(s) and/or the program(s) described in this
publication at any time without notice.
Any references in this information to non-IBM web sites are provided
for convenience only and do not in any manner serve as an endorsement
of those web sites. The materials at those web sites are not part of
the materials for this IBM product and use of those web sites is at
your own risk.
IBM may use or distribute any of the information you supply in any
way it believes appropriate without incurring any obligation to you.
Licensees of this program who wish to have information about it for
the purpose of enabling: (i) the exchange of information between
independently created programs and other programs (including this
one) and (ii) the mutual use of the information which has been
exchanged, should contact:
577 Airport Blvd., Suite 800
Burlingame, CA 94010
Such information may be available, subject to appropriate terms and
conditions, including in some cases, payment of a fee.
The licensed program described in this document and all licensed
material available for it are provided by IBM under terms of the IBM
Customer Agreement, IBM International Program License Agreement or
any equivalent agreement between us.
Any performance data contained herein was determined in a controlled
environment. Therefore, the results obtained in other operating
environments may vary significantly. Some measurements may have been
made on development-level systems and there is no guarantee that
these measurements will be the same on generally available systems.
Furthermore, some measurements may have been estimated through
extrapolation. Actual results may vary. Users of this document should
verify the applicable data for their specific environment.
Information concerning non-IBM products was obtained from the
suppliers of those products, their published announcements or other
publicly available sources. IBM has not tested those products and
cannot confirm the accuracy of performance, compatibility or any
other claims related to non-IBM products. Questions on the
capabilities of non-IBM products should be addressed to the suppliers
of those products.
All statements regarding IBM's future direction or intent are subject
to change or withdrawal without notice, a nd represent goals and
This information contains examples of data and reports used in daily
business operations. To illustrate them as completely as possible,
the examples include the names of individuals, companies, brands, and
products. All of these names are fictitious and any similarity to the
names and addresses used by an actual business enterprise is entirely
This information contains sample application programs in source
language, which illustrate programming techniques on various
operating platforms. You may copy, modify, and distribute these
sample programs in any form without payment to IBM, for the purposes
of developing, using, marketing or distributing application programs
conforming to the application programming interface for the operating
platform for which the sample programs are written. These examples
have not been thoroughly tested under all conditions. IBM, therefore,
cannot guarantee or imply reliability, serviceability, or function
of these programs.
If you are viewing this information softcopy, the photographs and
color illustrations may not appear.
Programming interface information
Programming interface information, if provided, is intended to help
you create application software using this program.
General-use programming interfaces allow you to write application
software that obtain the services of this program's tools.
However, this information may also contain diagnosis, modification,
and tuning information. Diagnosis, modification and tuning
information is provided to help you debug your application software.
Warning: Do not use this diagnosis, modification, and tuning
information as a programming interface because it is subject to
Trademarks and service marks
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.
- Adobe, the Adobe logo, PostScript, and the PostScript logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States, and/or other countries.
- IT Infrastructure Library is a registered trademark of the Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency which is now part of the Office of Government Commerce
- Intel, Intel logo, Intel Inside, Intel Inside logo, Intel Centrino, Intel Centrino logo, Celeron, Intel Xeon, Intel SpeedStep, Itanium, and Pentium are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.
- Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States, other countries, or both.
- Microsoft, Windows, Windows NT, and the Windows logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
- ITIL is a registered trademark, and a registered community trademark of the Office of Government Commerce, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries.
- Cell Broadband Engine is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. in the United States, other countries, or both and is used under license therefrom.
- Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
- Oracle and all Oracle-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies.
This product includes software developed by the Eclipse Project