This sample takes you through the steps to enable an IMS™ application as a web service. This sample also demonstrates how to create a client application to access the web service that is deployed on the SOAP Gateway server. This sample is based on IMS Enterprise Suite 2.2 SOAP Gateway and is written for the Windows™ platform.
- IMS Enterprise Suite Version 2.2 SOAP Gateway installed on a Windows system
- IMS Version 11 with IMS Connect
- Service for IMS Connect APAR PM00230
- The IMS Phonebook sample files (included in attached zip file)
- IBM® Rational® Developer for System z® Version 126.96.36.199 or later
Contents of the sample .zip file
This .zip file includes the COBOL copybook for the Phonebook sample application to be enabled as a web service. The zip file also includes the generated files from Rational Developer for System z and the IMS Enterprise Suite SOAP Gateway deployment utility for your reference in case you do not have access to Rational Developer for System z.
|Phonebook copybook and files that are generated by Rational Developer for System z|
|IMSPHBK.cpy||The IMS Phonebook application copybook|
|IMSPHBK.wsdl||The WSDL file|
|IMSPHBK.xml||The correlator file|
|IMSPHBKD.cbl||The XML converter file|
|Sample Java™ application|
|IMSPHBKClient.java||Sample Java application that uses the client proxy Java code generated by the IMS Enterprise Suite SOAP Gateway Deployment utility.|