This document contains the readme file for IBM® IMS™ Enterprise Suite Version 220.127.116.11 Explorer for Development (IMS Explorer).
The readme file contains a cumulative list of changes to the IMS Explorer component, related installation information, and known issues and workarounds.
The latest version of IMS Explorer that is available to customers is Version 18.104.22.168.
- Known limitations
- Prerequisites information
- Obtaining IMS Explorer Version 22.214.171.124
- Installing IBM Installation Manager
- Installing IMS Explorer Version 126.96.36.199
- Verifying IMS Explorer installation
- Additional information
- List of updates
- Contacting IBM software support
- Notices and trademarks
See the restrictions for IMS Explorer in the IBM Information Management Software for z/OS® Solutions Information Center.
The IMS Explorer works on Windows™ systems.
See the software requirements for IMS Explorer.
Incompatibility with Technology Previews 1 and 2
If you have a Technology Preview version of the IMS Explorer installed, you must uninstall it before you install Version 2.2.
Installing IBM Installation Manager
To install IMS Explorer, you must have IBM Installation Manager installed.
See Preparing to install IMS Explorer.
Installing IMS Explorer Version 188.8.131.52
You can install a stand-alone version of IMS Explorer or install IMS Explorer into a shared package group (shell share).
See Installing the stand-alone IMS Explorer or Installing IMS Explorer into a shared package group.
See IBM Rational® Software Development Platform and shell-sharing, for information related to the shell-sharing version.
You can also update a stand-alone or shell-sharing installation of IMS Explorer to the latest version.
See Updating IMS Explorer.
Verifying IMS Explorer installation
See Verifying IMS Explorer installation.
See the IMS Explorer web page for additional product highlights information.
List of updates
IMS Explorer Version 184.108.40.206 provides a security update to Version 220.127.116.11. See the Security Bulletin for more information.
IMS Explorer Version 18.104.22.168 provides this update to Version 2.2:
Removes Import Resources wizard restrictions and increases usability. Updates include:
- Eliminates the restriction on the number of PSBs or DBDs that could be imported at one time. There is no longer any limit to the number of resources that can be imported at one time.
- For resources that are imported from the IMS catalog or z/OS, referenced DBDs are now automatically imported.
Restriction: When the import location is z/OS, the PDS member must have the same name as the DBD that it contains in order for the wizard to automatically import the resources.
- Importing COBOL and PL/I source is now supported directly from z/OS.
- Allows the specification of the type of COBOL or PL/I application source (Full program or Data structure only) being imported.
- Updates the graphical layout of the wizard to clarify how to add associations between data structures and either segments or map cases to the import list.
Contacting IBM software support
Contact IBM software support at: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/ims/support.html
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORPORATION PROVIDES THIS PUBLICATION "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some jurisdictions do not allow disclaimer of express or implied warranties in certain transactions, therefore, this statement may not apply to you. This information could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically made to the information herein; these changes will be incorporated in new editions of the publication. IBM may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the program(s) described in this publication at any time without notice.
- Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Server are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
- Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Third Party Notices
The Program may include third party code that IBM, not the third party, licenses to Licensee under this Agreement. Notices, if any, for the third party code ("Third Party Notices") are included for Licensee's information only. These notices can be found in the Program's NOTICES file(s). Information on how to obtain source code for certain third party code can be found in the Third Party Notices. If in the Third Party Notices IBM identifies third party code as "Modifiable Third Party Code," IBM authorizes Licensee to 1) modify the Modifiable Third Party Code and 2) reverse engineer the Program modules that directly interface with the Modifiable Third Party Code provided that it is only for the purpose of debugging Licensee's modifications to such third party code. IBM's service and support obligations, if any, apply only to the unmodified Program.
(c) Copyright IBM Corporation 2012. All Rights Reserved.
A Japanese translation is available
A simplified Chinese translation is available
A traditional Chinese translation is available
A Portuguese translation is available
A Spanish translation is available