Interactive Diagnostic Data Explorer (IDDE) is the strategic tool for allowing interactive analysis of JVM problems using post mortem artifacts such as core files or javacores. It is a lightweight tool which helps you quickly get information from the artifact you are investigating where you are not sure what the problem is and you want avoid launching resource intensive analysis.
The current version is available via IBM Support Assistant (ISA) 4 and supports the following features
- Supports system cores, IBM javacores and PHD files.
- Full content assist for available commands
- Syntax highlighting
- Investigation log which mixes free text with live session data
- Multiple JVM support
- Encryption of analysis files for secure storage
- Caching for high performance
- Support for IBM Dump Analyzer commands, providing a single access point for analysis
IBM Extensions for Memory Analyzer (IEMA) Plugins
IDDE now has limited support for WebSphere Application Server IEMA plugins directly within IDDE and is available by installing the IBM Monitoring and Diagnostic Tools for Java - Interactive Diagnostic Data Explorer Bridge for Memory Analyzer [Tech Preview] feature.
The limitations are summarized as
- No support for dominator tree or similar analysis,
- No interactive/graphical user interface elements.
See How to download, install, and run tools through IBM Support Assistant Workbench 4.1 for information on how to install IDDE and other problem determination tools.
|Application Servers||Runtimes for Java Technology||Debugging Tools|
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.