Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Service Automation Manager Administrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Service Automation Manager (TSAM) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Service Automation Manager On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Service Automation Manager allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for Service Automation Manager and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- IBM Assist On Site or AOS - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Flash and News documents for Service Automation Manager
Firefox version 25 - CTJZH2301E error
Technote and FAQ documents for Service Automation Manager
IBM Tivoli Service Automation Manager product guides
Getting error CTJZH5221E after validate and enable Cloud Server Pool
SLA usage within TSAM
Drive letter for CDROM and TSAM images
Unable to launch the requested Management Plan of a new Service Definition
COPCOM116E - Time out during provisioning
Relationship Service Definition/Management Plan/Runbook
Cannot create a project having name already used in the past
Receiving error CTJZI1861E trying to remove server
TSAM 7221 upgrade can fail with SqlIntegrityConstraintViolationException
How to find out what LA fixes are installed?
APAR documents for Service Automation Manager
IV50418: Add additional disk displaying wrong disk format
IV52430: Vmware storage resiliency forces provisioning even when datastores are over limit
IV46728: Failure while trying to modify resources by extending disk on a windows server 2008-r2 virtual machine
IV47801: Internal team name is externalized to the customer in some places
IV52144: Cloud admins must be given "grant" option to avoid losing cloud membership
IV47175: Cross site scripting security vulnerability on the rest api
IV51346: The additional disk feature in tsam is restoring to wrong esx datastore
IV52012: Add server with additional disk fails in tsam 7241 simplesrm
IV50208: Error with software selection list in ssui
IV51571: In the doc is not clear how to find the "add computers" option
Download and Fixes documents for Service Automation Manager
- Fix Central for Service Automation Manager - This document points to the fixes for the Service Automation Manager product.
- APAR notification page - This page contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
Workload Migration Tool for Service Automation Manager - enables the replication of Project and Virtual Server management information from one TSAM server instance to another TSAM server instance. This provides a number of operational enhancements to TSAM cloud environment management.
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Service Automation Manager - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Service Automation Manager - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your Service Automation Manager software.
- Service Automation Manager: Managing Self-Service Users - Youtube video training.
18 Nov 2013 - Step-by-step guide for migrating to TSAMP v3.2.1 from any earlier release
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Service Automation Manager Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Collect data for Service Automation Manager (TSAM) 7.2.3 - Gathering this data before calling IBM Support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
- Service Automation Manager Documentation Central - This page includes documentation links for Service Automation Manager.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- C&SI Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them Bookmark this link Service Automation Manager Newsletter
The C&SI Service Automation Manager Support Team!
Tivoli Service Automation Manager
Service Automation Manager