Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Business Service Manaer Administrators
Welcome to IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Business Service Manager technical support newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing you with helpful e-Support technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Business Service Manager On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Business Service Manager allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Problem Solving Resources for Tivoli Business Service Manager - Collecting this MustGather information before calling IBM support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for Business Service Manager and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- IBM Assist On Site or AOS - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Flash and News documents for Business Service Manager
TBSM 4.2.x & 6.1.0 and Oracle JRE 7
Applet warning dialogues, using Oracle JRE 7 update 25 and above
Technote and FAQ documents for Business Service Manager
TBSM Installation error - backup failed
Operational + character not saving correctly in Custom Canvas Widget
DB2 Command Environment error while installing DB2 schema
Service state to change after event acknowledged.
Install of TBSM 6.1 FP1 could not be completed.
GUI hang when saving after changing service or template
DB2 9.7 Versions
Service Details portlet fails when using load balancer
Unexplained java errors or failures in TBSM and related products.
Random logout from the TBSM/TIP Client
APAR documents for Business Service Manager
IV48106: navigation and integration tbsm launch
IV48120: tbsm 611 defects in if3
IV48107: handling of dbcs characters in ui data provider
IV51807: with oracle jre 7 update 51, scheduled for january 2014, tbsm 6.1.1 service viewer portlet will stop working
Download and Fixes documents for Business Service Manager
- Fix List for TBSM 6.1.0 - A comprehensive list of recommended, generally available (GA) fixes for TBSM 6.1.0.
- Fix Central for Business Service Manager - This document points to the fixes by version for the Business Service Manager product.
Most r ecent
IBM Tivoli Business Service Manager 6.1.1 Int Fix 4 ( 220.127.116.11-TIV-BSM-IF0004)
IBM Tivoli Business Service Manager Database Checker Utility
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Business Service Manager - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Business Service Manager - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your Business Service Manager software.
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Business Service Manager Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Featured Documents for Business Service Manager (TBSM) - Lists valuable documents that may help to answer your questions.
- Detailed System Requirements for TBSM - System Requirements by TBSM versions.
- Troubleshooting guides for TBSM - Troubleshooting guides that contains information about troubleshooting problems by TBSM versions.
- Business Service Manager Documentation Central - This page includes documentation links for Business Service Manager.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- C&SI Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them Bookmark this link: Business Service Manager Newsletter
The C&SI Business Service Manager Support Team!
Tivoli Business Service Manager
Business Service Manager
IBM Business Service Manager