CICS Transaction Server for z/OS 5.1 detailed system requirements
This document provides access to the detailed system requirements (DSR) for the supported operating systems, hardware and software requirements, and other related information for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS (CICS TS) V5.1 and CICS TS Value Unit Edition (VUE) V5.1.
Detailed system requirements information is now available through the Software Product Compatibility Reports web site. This web site provides you with the ability to dynamically generate operating system, prerequisite, translation, end of service, and detailed system requirements reports for your specific product, release, and operating system.
See CICS TS V5.1 detailed system requirements to view the dynamically generated detailed system requirements for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.1.
See CICS TS VUE V5.1 detailed system requirements to view the dynamically generated detailed system requirements for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Value Unit Edition V5.1.
High-level programming languages
- The Language Environment (LE) version provided with z/OS V1.13 and above is required to support COBOL, PL/I, C/C++, Assembler, and Java™.
- For a list of supported and out of service high-level programming languages and compilers, see the High-level language support topic in the CICS TS V5.1 product documentation.
If you intend to connect a CICS TS V5.1 CICSPlex System Manager address space (CMAS) to a CICS TS V4.1 or V4.2 CMAS, you need to apply the following maintenance to each downlevel CMAS.
The CICSPlex SM Web User Interface (WUI) can be used with browsers that support HTML V4. The WUI is stabilized and you are encouraged to use the CICS Explorer as noted in "Stabilization of support and discontinued functions" in the CICS TS V5.1 announcement letter.
CICS Explorer V5.1 or later is required. The system requirements for CICS Explorer are listed at http://www.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/explorer/requirements/
CICS TS V5.1 Product Documentation
The following browsers are supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 7.0, 8.0, and 9.0
- Mozilla Firefox ESR 17.0
The product documentation is published at http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGMCP_5.1.0/com.ibm.cics.ts51.home.doc/welcomePage/welcomePage.html or you can also download and install it on a workstation or server from the IBM Publications Center as described in CICS product documentation on CD. The information center can run on the following platforms:
- Windows XP Professional Intel 32 bit
- AIX 5.3 PPC 64 bit (toleration only)
- Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server 5 Intel 32-bit
- Linux PPC 64 bit
- Ensure that the latest levels of service are applied to each IBM product listed in the Software Compatibility Product Reports. In some cases, a specific version of a product might be required to take advantage of new function in CICS TS V5.1.
- The system requirements also apply to the CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Developer Trial V5.1 that is intended as a try-before-you-buy version of the full CICS TS V5.1 product. CICS TS Developer Trial V5.1 is free of charge and for evaluation (non-production) use only, offering a full set of features but with restricted performance and limited operational lifespan. For more information see the Announcement Letter for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.1 (212-325) link below and Support for CICS TS Developer Trial 5.1.
- Announcement Letter for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.1
- Announcement Letter for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS Value Unit Edition V5.1
- Program Directory for CICS Transaction Server for z/OS V5.1
- Ordering CICS products and maintenance
- IBM Support Portal for CICS Transaction Server
- CICS TS V5.1 web page
- Detailed System Requirements for other releases of CICS
- Finding CICS PSP Buckets
- Upgrading information for CICS when changing releases of CICS, z/OS, or DB2
- End of Service dates for CICS products
- Vendor software products for z/OS
CICS/TS CICS TS CICS Transaction Server
Translate this page: