You can configure IBM Content Navigator to use single sign-on (SSO) to log on to IBM Content Manager servers. To use SSO with IBM Content Navigator, you must configure trusted logon on your IBM Content Manager library server and LDAP on your WebSphere Application Server.
Before you configure IBM Content Navigator to use SSO, you must enable trusted logon and create the appropriate privilege sets and user IDs on the IBM Content Manager server.
For additional information, see Activating single sign-on and http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21237877.
Important: All the user privileges are controlled by IBM Content Manager. Ensure that privileges are defined correctly in IBM Content Manager before you configure IBM Content Navigator to use SSO.
To configure a repository to use SSO from the IBM Content Navigator administration tool:
- Log in to the administrator desktop, for example:
- Create a new IBM Content Manager repository or edit an existing repository.
- Connect to the Content Manager repository on which you want to enable SSO.
- Go to the Configuration Parameters tab and enable Single sign-on.
- Click Save and Close to save changes
- Create desktops with the SSO repositories defined in these previous steps. For information about creating desktops, see Defining desktops.
- It is recommended to designate an IBM Content Manager SSO repository as the default repository when you have SSO and non-SSO repositories configured on your desktop. It is also recommended that the LDAP user and the default repository user have the same user ID.
- When an SSO repository is not the default repository, you will see the session timeout screen. This is because your LDAP user does not match your default repository user (see previous point).
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.