Client self assist - Technical Support Information for IBM BigFix Administrators
Product Releases and News
- 9.5 Patch 1 Released for IBM BigFix Platform
The IBM BigFix team is releasing version 9.5.1 (126.96.36.199) of the BigFix Platform. The main purpose of this release is to address an issue with BigFix Windows clients that primarily arises in the integration with Core Protection applications.
- Urgent Reminder: End of Support for the BigFix Platform v8.2 at the end of this month
Tivoli Endpoint Manager (BigFix) v8.2 will officially reach end of support on April 30, 2016. Please upgrade your BigFix Platform to the latest release.
- Urgent Reminder: End of Support of Software Usage Analysis (SUA) version 1.x at the end of this month
Please provision a new software inventory tracking deployment using IBM BigFix Inventory 9.5 to continue to receive support.
- 9.5 Released for IBM BigFix Platform
The IBM BigFix team is pleased to announce the release of the IBM BigFix Platform v9.5.
- BigFix 9.5 Documentation is now available at the IBM Knowledge Center
Information for BigFix 9.5 products is now available at the IBM Knowledge Center (KC).
- BigFix 9.2 Patch 7 is now available
The IBM BigFix team is pleased to announce the release 9.2 Patch 7 (188.8.131.52) of the BigFix Platform.
- Application Update: IBM BigFix Compliance 1.8 now available!
IBM BigFix is pleased to announce the release of IBM BigFix Compliance version 1.8.16, formerly called IBM Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance Analytics (SCA).
- BigFix Inventory 9.2.3 is now available
IBM is pleased to announce that BigFix Inventory 9.2.3 is available.
- BigFix Lifecycle Server Automation V9.5 Application Update 4.5 is now available
The Server Automation team is pleased to announce that SA Application Update 4.5 is now available.
- New White Paper: BigFix Capacity Planning, Performance, and Management Guide
The white paper provides an overview of performance management and capacity planning for the IBM BigFix Version 9.x solution. This includes the deployment of the BigFix management servers into cloud, or virtual, environments.
- Have you migrated to the Native Tools versions of the deprecated RHEL and SUSE sites (January 31)?
Read this post in the event you have not started using the Native Tools patching sites.
- Announcing the new BigFix Developer's site (developer.bigfix.com)
This is the official IBM repository of information for developing IBM BigFix content, and it is tailored to satisfy the needs of both beginner and expert content developers.
- Fix Central for IBM BigFix family
This page points to the fixes by version for the BigFix family of products.
- BigFix Enterprise Suite Download Center Platform Release Information
Links to release patches
- Passport Advantage Online - Customer
Are you looking for neither fixes nor updates? Please visit Passport Advantage to download most purchased software products.
- BigFix Blog on IBM developerWorks
For more updates and news please visit the IBM BigFix Blog.
The following is a selection of some of our more popular articles and videos. Reviewing these articles may preemptively resolve a technical issue for you or address a question you didn't even think to ask!
1. How to identify who stopped a BES Action
Is it possible to identify the BES Operator that stopped a BES Action?
2. Hard drive fills up with .CAB files during patching on the Windows OS
This technote discusses a scenario seen in which the \Windows\temp folder of a Windows endpoint starts to fill up with CAB files during patching.
3. Can the BigFix client run as a user other than 'root' on a Non-Windows endpoint?
Technically it is possible, but you can expect there to be issues. Some of the relevance inspectors built into the BigFix client require the client to run as the 'root' user in order to access them for relevance evaluation. If you are going to run the agent as a user other than the 'root' user...
4. BigFix Server unable to gather site content from sync.bigfix.com (error: Unexpected HTTP response: 404)
Identifying a block between the BigFix Server and IBM BigFix's sync.bigfix.com content servers.
5. IBM BigFix Documentation
Documentation for the IBM Bigfix (Endpoint Manager) suite of products is located in IBM Knowledge Center.
Each month, we host OpenMic webcasts to address common technical issues of the day. Attending these sessions is a great way to stay informed with regard to our major product features and common technical issues.
1. Next Open Mic Webcast: Troubleshooting BigFix Downloads - Wednesday, 11 May 2016
Join members of the IBM BigFix Support team as they share information on troubleshooting BigFix downloads. After a presentation by Nathan Hanner, attendees will be given an opportunity to ask our panel of experts questions. Throughout the event, attendees will be encouraged to comment or ask questions in the IBM Connections Cloud Meeting group web chat.
2. Recent Open Mic: BigFix - Deploying and Using IBM Security and Compliance Management (SCM) - 6 April 2016 [includes presentation slides]
Christian Castro and members of the IBM BigFix Support team shared information on setting up and making use of IBM Security and Compliance Management (SCM, which also is known as the Security and Compliance Module).
3. Prior Open Mic: BFI Custom Signature and Policy and Process - Tuesday, 29 March 2016 [includes presentation slides]
Sherrie Clarke and other members of the Support teams shared information on IBM BigFix Inventory Catalog Signature Coverage Policy and Process. From the attached slides, you will learn what the process expectation is for adding a custom signature to the official catalog and what your other options are.
4. Prior Open Mic - BigFix: Deploying Windows Updates via Baselines - Wednesday, 16 March 2016 [includes presentation slides]
Members of the IBM BigFix (once known as IBM Endpoint Manager) Support and Development teams explained how to deploy Windows updates by way of baselines.
5. More Open Mics that are being planned
"How It Works: BigFix WebUI Walkthrough"AND "Configuring and Using Web Reports"
Stay tuned for information about these events planned for Thursday, June 16, and Tuesday, July 26, respectively.
6. BigFix Events
Join us at user conferences and more!
The IBM Product Security Incident Response Team (PSIRT) is a global team that manages the receipt, investigation and internal coordination of security vulnerability information related to IBM offerings. Each month, Security Flashes are published as vulnerabilities are announced by IBM.
IBM Product Security Incident Response Blog
This page contains important information regarding security vulnerabilities that may affect IBM products and solutions. IBM PSIRT follows the NIST guidelines for determining the severity rating of the reported vulnerability. Please use this information to take appropriate actions.
There are several methods to contact support for your technical issues. Additionally, there are many support-related resources as well including the IBM My Notifications and Fix Central. The following are some of the more common and useful resources available as well as details on what is included with each resource.
- Beta! Support Portal next generation
Want a glimpse into the future? Check out the new support experience beta.
- How to upload data to a support ticket
This video is on how to upload to a support ticket diagnostic data such as troubleshooting files, log files, or screen captures of the error.
- Collecting Data: IBM BigFix
Required Information to collect when contacting IBM Support regarding an issue with IBM BigFix product.
- Data Collection: BigFix Client
Logs and data to collect from the IBM BigFix client for troubleshooting.
- BigFix Forum
- BigFix wiki
- BIgFix blog
- BigFix Mailing Lists To receive notifications from our BigFix engineers please join the BigFix Mailing Lists. Note that this is not the Support mailing list that you already might be on that gets this newsletter sent to you.
- IBM Security Support on Twitter Follow @AskIBMSecurity
- IBM Security Support on Facebook Like!
- Get the new 2.0 release of the IBM Technical Support app for on-the-go technical support
|Security||IBM BigFix Platform|
|Security||Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Core Protection|
|Security||Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Lifecycle Management|
|Security||Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Patch Management|
|Security||Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Power Management|
|Security||Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Security and Compliance|
|Security||IBM BigFix Compliance|
|Security||IBM BigFix Inventory|
|Security||IBM BigFix Lifecycle|
|Security||IBM BigFix Patch|
|Security||IBM BigFix Protection|
BigFix Endpoint Manager
IBM Endpoint Manager
Tivoli Endpoint Manager