Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Endpoint Manager Administrators
November 05, 2014 | Issue #05
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure (C&SI) - IBM Endpoint Manager technical support information newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information.
The Support Portal for Endpoint Manager
Find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
IBM Endpoint Manager Support Center
Resources for troubleshooting and resolving TEM problems.
IBM Assist On Site or AOS
Live remote assistance tool to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Most recent News and Flashes
- Video training modules for IBM Endpoint Manager and IBM Endpoint Manager for Patch Management
- 9.2.0 and higher versions of IEM Server, Console and Web Reports will only support 64-bit platforms
- Known Limitations in IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2.0
- Determining whether you are affected by the component upgrade issue in IBM Endpoint Manager for Remote Control and Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Remote Control
- IBM Endpoint Manager for Remote Control is not affected by the Bash vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187, CVE-2014-6277, and CVE-2014-6278)
Latest Technotes and FAQs
- IBM Endpoint Manager Support Center
- Links to IBM Tivoli responses to the bash vulnerability (CVE 2014-6271 or CVE 2014-7169) known as Shellshock
- What are the Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) and Commodity Classification Automated Tracking System Number (CCATS) for BigFix/TEM?
- IBM Endpoint Manager Platform Support Policy
- How much of my system's resources will the TEM Client use?
- Configure TEM Client in "sleep mode"
- Error 1053 : The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
- Correct understanding of CSV-version of PVU reports.
- Deployment Health Check output Explained
- Execution time of SUA scanners
- Preventing Send Refresh abuse in a large deployment
- High Disk I/O and/or CPU on the client related to WMI queries
- Software Usage shows <no data>
- Fixlet Debugger Limitation for Hebrew Environments
- Restart and Shutdown permissions explained
Most recent APARs
- IV65883: Data import failed with message coddb2001e
- IV65479: Korean letters are corrupted
- IV66262: The fixlet 299924911 is false positive after it has been executed
- IV65981: Wrong categorization of microsoft patches
- IV64558: besaudittrailcleaner tool does not handle the batching option
- IV65927: Insufficient information on 'software catalog update' fixlet/task and its relevance in lmt/sua documentation
- IV66106: Clients not subscribed to specific external sites without any apparent reason
- IV64904: The startup of service "bes server plugin service" creates an informational entry in event viewer
- IV65291: Uploaded csv file doesn't contain part number and order type
- IV56772: IEM agent deployment wizard fails for Solaris11 client installation
Latest Downloads and Fixes
- IBM Endpoint Manager for Remote Control Interim Fix 9.0.0-TIV-IEMRC900-IF0003
- IBM Endpoint Manager for Remote Control Interim Fix 9.0.1-TIV-IEMRC901-IF0001
- Tivoli Endpoint Manager for Remote Control Fix pack 8.2.1-TIV-TEMRC821-IF0002
- IBM Endpoint Manager for Software Use Analysis 2.2 patch 7
- IBM Endpoint Manager for Remote Control Interim Fix 9.1.0-TIV-IEMRC910-IF0004
- IBM Fix Central - 9.1.0-TIV-IEMRC910-WIN-IF0004
- IBM Fix Central - 9.1.0-TIV-IEMRC910-MULTI-IF0004
- IBM Fix Central - 9.1.0-TIV-IEMRC910-LINUX-IF0004
- IBM Fix Central - 9.1.0-TIV-IEMRC910-IF0004-Readme.txt
Fix Central for Endpoint Manager
This document points to the fixes by version for the Endpoint Manager product.
Education and training
Endpoint Management Calendar of Events - Tivoli User Community
Find education events happening here.
Support Technical Exchange training events for Endpoint Manager
This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Endpoint Manager
Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your Endpoint Manager software.
Training Videos for Endpoint Manager
Where can I learn more about TEM via videos?
Problem Solving Resources
Featured Documents for Endpoint Manager
This article lists features to the most requested documents as well as those identified as valuable in helping answer your questions related to IBM Endpoint Manager and will be updated periodically to reflect new trends and issues.
Collecting Data: Read First for Endpoint Manager Products
Gathering this MustGather information before calling IBM support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
Endpoint Manager Document Central
This page includes documentation links for EndpointManager.
Forums and Wikis
Endpoint Management Forum
Connect, learn, and share with the Endpoint Management experts.
Endpoint Manager (BigFix) Forums
This forum is geared towards administrators and users of the various Endpoint Manager products.
Welcome to the Global User Community for Endpoint Management and BigFix
The Global User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
IBM Endpoint Manager (BigFix) Community
This is a Non-IBM sponsored community.
IBM Endpoint Manager Wiki
Wikis provide you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
If you have peers or co-workers that may benefit from these newsletters, please have them bookmark this link
The C&SI IBM Endpoint Manager Support Team!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Tivoli Endpoint Manager
BigFix Endpoint Manager