Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Netcool/Impact Administrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Netcool/Impact technical support information newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your Netcool/Impact software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
- The Support Portal for Netcool/Impact allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for Netcool/Impact and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Technote and FAQ documents for Netcool/Impact
NameServer timeout and Cluster failover issues
Install fails with "com.ibm.ac.common.hosts.CreationFailedException"
There are some errors during installation
Tivoli Netcool/Impact: How can I use third-party Java files with Netcool/Impact Java policy functions?
Dynamic content on Operator Views
JazzSM install fails due to wrong DB2 version
SRVE0255E: A WebGroup/Virtual Host to handle /nci/main has not been defined.
Using the "nci_collect_logs" utility in a TIP/GUI Server only installation
NameServer timeout and Cluster failover issues
Setting XMS on Impact
APAR documents for Netcool/Impact
IV50673: Incorrect/unclear documentation for handling exceptions
IV51062: DB2 dsa fails to query column names with "double-quotes and not-all-caps"
IV51098: Widget table stopped working after jazz fix pack 1 installation
IV47988: Setting the wssetdefaultpkgname value globally doesn't work when the wsinvoke function is inside a policy function
IV51376: Maprole for webservices removes bsmadministrator role from tipadmin
IV51431: Need to document that dot noation can not be used in the naming of policies, services, data types, data sources, and projects
IV50776: During upgrade we will over write any customized mwm policies with newer the mwm default policy's versions
IV51846: Exit() function behavior are the same in both impact 5.x and impact 6.x as 6.1 documentation described
IV50464: IMS timeout causes policy assigned to operatorview execute twice
IV51100: The "value status gauge" in jazz fix pack 1 for service management does not work with Netcool Impact
Download and Fixes documents for Netcool/Impact
- Recommended fixes for Netcool/Impact - This document points to the fixes by version for your product.
- Fix Central for Netcool/Impact - A tool that helps you search and provide fixes and updates for your system's software, hardware, and operating system.
IBM Netcool/Impact 6.1.1 Best Practices Guide
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Netcool/Impact - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Netcool/Impact - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your Netcool/Impact software.
19 Dec 2013 - Impact Server Integration to existing Tivoli Integrated Portal (TIP)
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals in Service Management Connect. Get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Business Service Management Community - Connect, learn, and share with the Business Service Management experts.
- Netcool/Impact Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Information to include (MustGather: Read first) for Netcool/Impact
- Troubleshooting Guide for Netcool/Impact - Contains links to Troubleshooting documents.
- Netcool/Impact Documentation Central - This page includes various documentation links.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
- C&SI Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them Bookmark this link Netcool/Impact Newsletter
The C&SI Netcool/Impact Support Team!
IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact
Tivoli Netcool Impact
IBM Tivoli Netcool Impact