Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Network Manager IP (formerly Netcool/Precision IP) Administrators
Welcome to the Network Manager IP Edition technical support information newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your Netcool/Precision-IP software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Network Manager IP Edition On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Network Manager IP allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Self-Help Technical Links for Network Manager IP Edition Administrators and Useful links for ITNM - These documents have links to various e-Support documents to help you with your administration for Network Manager IP Edition versions 3.8 and 3.9.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for Network Manager IP and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Flash and News documents for Network Manager IP Edition
ITNM SuSE 11 SP2 upgrade unsupported
Applet warning dialogues using Oracle JRE 7 update 45 or equivalent IBM JRE
Technote and FAQ documents for Network Manager IP Edition
Collecting Data: Read first for Tivoli Network Manager
Failed to decode password: An error occurred within OpenSSL
Does APAR IZ99474 only pertain to Oracle NCIM?
nmImport uses incorrect DOMAIN Name
Mo st recent
ncp processes failed to start
Loading Hillstone MIBs into ITNM
Fatal: F-RIV-002-076 Error reading from file. Failed to open directory
How to remove TIP ITNM out of TIP
Failover polling does not generate events with ITNM
False Precision health check fail events from all domains
NcpServerEntity does not have to be a chassis.
How to create new views using nodes' position from an existing view
ncp_mib fails to parse CISCO-FRAME-RELAY-MIB
GenericCSV Collector does not support direct discovery of Layer 1 devices
APAR documents for Network Manager IP Edition
IV51124: Summary by device class report shows different number of switches than on the map
IV48135: Network view visualisation issues
IV50786: Ncp_poller stops working after NCIM restarts
IV52022: Model to NCIM batch transfer time spikes ocasionally
IV47318: Assocaddress agent issue
IV23344: Implementing RCA pathtool functionality
IV47106: The ITNM DLA do not export entity details that have customer meaningful information
IV36679: Nullpointer exceptions registered on GUI when searching an empty datastore
IV38618: ITNM 3.9 mib grapher unnecessarily polls when in historical mode
IV07467: TADDM team reported that the ITNM inventory report return link is not working properly 229247 task and 229249 dev ticket
Download and Fixes documents for Network Manager IP Edition
- Fix Central for Network Manager IP Edition - This document points to the fixes by version for the Network Manager IP Edition product.
- ISA Lite for IBM Network Manager IP Edition - IBM Support Assistant Data Collector to quickly collect diagnostic files, such as log files, configuration files or to run traces. This automated data collection is reliable, accurate and saves you time. Just download it for your product, extract the package and go!
Download IBM Netcool Network Management V9.2.1 for Solaris
Download IBM Netcool Network Management V9.2.1 for HP-UX
Download IBM Netcool Network Management V9.2.1 for AIX
Download IBM Netcool Network Management V9.2.1 for Linux
Download IBM Netcool Network Management V9.2.1 for Linux zSeries
Download IBM Netcool Network Management V9.2.1 for Windows
Tivoli Network Manager IP 220.127.116.11 Interim Fix 1, 18.104.22.168-TIV-ITNMIP-IF0001
IBM Fix Central - 22.214.171.124-TIV-ITNMIP-Poller-zLinux-IF0001
IBM Fix Central - 126.96.36.199-TIV-ITNMIP-Poller-Windows-IF0001
IBM Fix Central - 188.8.131.52-TIV-ITNMIP-Poller-Solaris-IF0001
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Network Manager IP - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Network Manager IP - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your Network Manager IP Edition software.
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Network and Server Assurance Community - Connect, learn, and share with the Business Service Management experts.
- Network Manager IP Edition and Transmission Edition - This forum is geared towards administrators and users of Netcool Network Manager - IP Edition and Network Manager - Transmission Edition, formerly known as Netcool Precision IP.
- Network Manager Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Featured Documents for Network Manager IP Edition - This document contains links to technical support documents and information that can help you get more value from your software, and be pro-active in your support and administration.
- ITNM 3.8 Installation and Configuration Guide - PDF for ITNM 3.8 "Installation and Configuration Guide".
- ITNM IP Edition system requirements - This document details the system requirements for ITNM IP Edition 3.7 and 3.8.
- Network Manager IP Documentation Central - This page includes documentation links for Network Manager IP Edition.
IBM Electronic Support - Easy, Fast, Smart. Has a portfolio of tools and resources to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly. Your customized support experience when you need to contact IBM Support, use on-line tools to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
- C&SI Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them Bookmark this link: Network Manager IP Newsletter
The C&SI Network Manager IP Support Team!
Network Manager IP
IBM Tivoli Network Manager IP
IBM Tivoli Precision IP