Rational Business Developer, Version 18.104.22.168 Release Information
The release information for IBM Rational Business Developer, Version 22.214.171.124 contains information about new functions, pointers to important documentation, and a list of known problems.
This release information includes the following content about Rational Business Developer version 126.96.36.199:
- About this release
- Fixed APARs in this release
- Product documentation
- Software and hardware requirements
- Access the software
- Installation information
- Known problems
- IBM Rational Software Support
About this release
Rational Business Developer version 188.8.131.52 includes fixes but no enhancements.
Fixed APARs in this release
APARs that are fixed in this release are in the Fix list document.
For complete documentation, including installation instructions, review the Information Center.
Software and hardware requirements
Review the detailed system requirements document at
Detailed System Requirements for Rational Business Developer 184.108.40.206.
Access the software
Access the Rational Business Developer 220.127.116.11 Download document.
- Rational Business Developer, Version 7.5.1 must be installed.
- Rational Business Developer and all browsers and applications that it opens must be closed.
To install Rational Business Developer, Version 18.104.22.168 as an update:
- Start Installation Manager. If a new version of Installation Manager is found, you are prompted to install it before you can continue. To proceed, click OK. Installation Manager automatically installs the new version, stops, restarts, and resumes.
Note: On Windows Vista, you must run Installation Manager as administrator. Right-click the program shortcut and click Run as administrator.
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click Update Packages.
- In the Update packages wizard, select the package group name with the installation location for Rational Business Developer and click Next. Installation Manager searches for updates in the Rational Business Developer repository on the Web and in all of the repository locations that you specified. The search progress is displayed.
- On the Update Package page, the updates are displayed and selected. Select Version 22.214.171.124 for Rational Business Developer; then click Next.
- Read the license agreements for the update. On the left side of the License page, click each item to display the license agreement text. If you agree to the terms for all the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements; then click Next.
- Select the features to install; by default, features that are currently installed are selected. Click Next.
- Review the summary information, and click Update. The installation progress is displayed.
- When the update process is complete, a message that confirms the success of the process is displayed near the top of the page. To open the log file for the current session, click View log file. To continue, close the Installation Log window.
To install Rational Business Developer, Version 126.96.36.199:
- Start the installation program.
If you use Installation Manager, start the program. If a new version is found, you are prompted to install it before you can continue. Click OK to proceed. Installation Manager automatically installs the new version, stops, restarts, and resumes.
If Installation Manager is not installed, on the first CD image file, click Install IBM Rational Business Developer. An installation wizard opens. To install the product, follow the instructions in the installation wizard. After the installation is complete, Installation Manager opens.
- Click Install.
- Select the installation package for Rational Business Developer and click Next. If you are installing another instance of this product version, install the package to a new package group. A message is displayed. In response to the message, click Continue, and then click Next.
- Read the license agreements. On the left side of the License page, click each item to display the license agreement text. If you agree to the terms for all the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements; then click Next.
- Specify the location to install the package and click Next.
- Optional: To extend your version of the Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE), select that option. If you do not want to extend your version of Eclipse IDE, accept the default. Click Next.
- Select the language to install and click Next.
- Select the features to install and click Next.
- Review the summary information and click Install. The installation progress is displayed.
- To activate your license for Rational Business Developer, on the Start page of Installation Manager, click Manage Licenses.
By default, a 60-day trial license is enabled when you first install Rational Business Developer. To install your permanent license key and license agreement, import the product Activation Kit CD.
Uninstalling the Fix pack
If you updated to Rational Business Developer 188.8.131.52, you can revert to the previous version by using the rollback feature of Installation Manager. The rollback feature uninstalls the updated resources and reinstalls the resources from the previous version. You can roll back only one version level at a time.
When you roll back to an earlier version of a package, the package is restored with same features of that version. All features that you added after upgrading to Rational Business Developer 184.108.40.206 by using the Modify Packages wizard are removed, and all features that you removed are restored.
During the rollback process, Installation Manager accesses files from the earlier version of the package. By default, these files are stored on your system when you install a package. If you changed the default setting or deleted the files by using the Remove Stored Files option on the Roll Back preferences page (File > Preferences > Rollback Files), you must give Installation Manager access to your installation repository or media. If you installed the product from a repository, the repository from which you installed the previous version must be listed in your Preferences (File > Preferences > Repositories). If you installed the product from CDs or other media, that media must be installed when you use the rollback feature.
Before you roll back Rational Business Developer 220.127.116.11:
- Log in with a user account that has the same privileges as the account that was used to install the packages.
- Close Rational Business Developer and all other applications that you installed by using Installation Manager.
- If any applications that were started by Rational Business Developer are open or running, such as a browser or other IBM application, close them.
To roll back an updated package:
- Start Installation Manager.
- On the Start page, click Roll Back Packages.
- In the Rollback wizard, from the Package Group Name list, select the package group that contains the packages to roll back and click Next.
- Select the version of the package to roll back to and click Next.
- Read the summary information and click Roll Back.
For additional instructions to uninstall Rational Business Developer, see the Installation Guide or visit the Installation Manager Information Center that is applicable to your version installed.
Click the Support Portal tab below to visit the support page for Rational Business Developer and search/navigate for content related to known problems.
IBM Rational Software Support
IBM Rational Software Support Communities
Helpful Hints For Obtaining Technical Assistance:
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you need to describe the problem. When you describe a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently. To save time, know the answers to these questions:
If you have helpful information to diagnose or identify the problem on your system, you can provide this data by following the instructions to exchange information with IBM Technical Support.
Translate this page: