The objective of this document is to provide step-by-step instructions for configuring and running simple JMS Point-to-Point (P2P) and Publish and Subscribe (Pub Sub PubSub Pub-Sub Pub/Sub Publish/Subscribe) applications in WebSphere MQ V6 in UNIX.
In UNIX, the MQ JMSAdmin tool is used to populate the Java Naming and Directory Interface (JNDI) with the JMS Administrative objects that serve as a link between the JMS application and the physical queues and topics in the queue manager. This JNDI is in the form of a file named ".bindings". This techdoc shows you how to invoke the JMSAdmin tool.
- The necessary customization for the environment in order to run JMS programs in UNIX
- The customization of JMSAdmin.config and how to run the JMSAdmin tool in UNIX.
- How to create a Topic Connection factory, a Queue Connection Factory, a Queue and a Topic object into the JNDI via the JMSAdmin tool.
- The creation of special Pub/Sub queues for the MQ Broker and how to start the broker.
- How to run a sample provided with MQ V6 that shows how to use the JNDI to do Pub/Sub (topic based). It includes the complete run for the scenario.
- The sample is located at: /opt/mqm/samp/java/jms/JMSPubSub.java
- How to run a sample provided with MQ V6 that shows how to use the JNDI to do Point-to-Point (P2P) (queue based). It includes the complete run for the scenario.
- The sample is located at: /opt/mqm/samp/java/jms/PTPSample01.java
- Troubleshooting of common problems
+ Software used:
WebSphere MQ V18.104.22.168 in Solaris 10 with Java 1.5
File: Configuring and running simple JMS P2P and Pub-Sub applications in MQ V6.pdf
MQ WMQ MQSeries