Installation instructions for WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration Version 6 Fix Packs
Installation instructions for WebSphere DataPower Cast Iron XH40 Appliance, WebSphere Cast Iron Hypervisor and WebSphere Cast Iron Studio Version 6 Fix Packs
Upgrade WebSphere Cast Iron Hypervisor or WebSphere DataPower Cast Iron XH40 Appliance (.scrypt2 or .vcrypt2 file)
This upgrade process does not destroy user data.
Note: When upgrading, any 3rd party connector libraries used are preserved, so you do not need to reinstall the libraries after you upgrade.
The upgrade process for both WebSphere DataPower Cast Iron XH40 Appliance and WebSphere Cast Iron Hypervisor is the same but the firmware file you require is different:
|WebSphere DataPower Cast Iron XH40 Appliance||.scrypt2|
|WebSphere Cast Iron Hypervisor||.vcrypt2|
You can complete the upgrade by using the Web Management Console (WMC) or the Command Line Interface (CLI).
Using the WMC
- Download the fix pack from Fix Central and copy to a location where you can access it.
- Using the WMC, log in to the appliance that you want to upgrade.
- Select System -> Upgrade. The Upgrade page displays.
- Click the Upgrade Operating System link. The Upgrade Wizard launches.
- Click Browse to locate the upgrade file.
- Click Upgrade. The appliance uploads the firmware file and starts the upgrade process. When the upgrade is complete, the appliance automatically reboots.
- When the reboot is complete, the WMC login page displays. If the page does not display, click your browser's refresh button.
If you wish to upgrade using the Command Line Interface (CLI), refer to Upgrading firmware when WMC is not started.
Fresh Install of WebSphere Cast Iron Hypervisor - VMWare (.ova file)
Installation of the .ova file will result in a new installation of the WebSphere Cast Iron Hypervisor Edition at the fix pack level.
Note: this is not an upgrade and no data will be maintained. In order to install a new image, refer to the Installation Guide shipped with your original product.
Fresh Install of WebSphere Cast Iron Hypervisor - Xen (.tar file):
Installation of the .tar file will result in a new installation of the WebSphere Cast Iron Hypervisor Edition at the fix pack level.
Note that this is not an upgrade and no data will be maintained. In order to install a new image, refer to the Installation Guide shipped with your original product.
WebSphere Cast Iron Studio
In order to install a new fix pack of WebSphere Cast Iron Studio, you should first uninstall the existing version. Then launch a fresh installation by executing the file downloaded from Fix Central.
More support for:
WebSphere Cast Iron Cloud integration
Software version: 6.0.0, 6.1, 6.3, 22.214.171.124
Operating system(s): Firmware
Software edition: Physical, Virtual
Reference #: 7022386
Modified date: 15 July 2013