IBM Rational Asset Manager, Version 184.108.40.206 includes fixes for versions 220.127.116.11 and earlier.
This release information includes the following content about Rational Asset Manager version 18.104.22.168:
- About this release
- Fixed APARs in this release
- Product documentation
- Software and hardware requirements
- Access the software
- Installation information
- Known problems
- IBM Rational Software Support
About this release
Rational Asset Manager version 22.214.171.124 includes the following enhancements:
This fix pack includes the following new features, enhancements, and fixes to earlier releases of Rational Asset Manager:
- Improvements to advanced search for attributes
- Support for reordering list items in list box attributes
- Support for reordering values for text attributes
- Support for filtering and removing multiple users on the License Management page
- Improvements to the asset lifecycle condition builder: the AND condition is no longer shown by default
- New search filter for communities on the Administration page
- Support for filtering relationships to assets based on user permissions. The relationship section is based on user permissions and it filters assets that users do not have permission to search for
- Improvements to the upload applet for artifacts: The applet saves the last file browse location and opens at that location the next time.
- Updated information and examples for extending batch upload
- Updated information and examples for writing custom policies
Rational Asset Manager, Version 126.96.36.199 is also available on the cloud. For more information, see IBM Smart Business Cloud-Enterprise
Version 188.8.131.52 includes the following enhancements and features:
- Improved faceted searching in the web client
- Asset type configurations: You can configure asset types to allow only certain types of relationships.
- New policies for launching projects from IBM Rational Build Forge, for assigning a group of users as collaborators for assets, and for sending email
- Support for new integrations: Rational Asset Manager supports IBM Rational Team Concert V3.0, IBM Rational Insight V1.0.1, and IBM Rational DOORS
- Support for using multiple license servers
Version 7.5 includes the following enhancements and features:
- Resources in other Rational products: You can create links to resources in IBM Rational Quality Manager and IBM Rational Requirements Composer, in addition to Rational Team Concert. When you create the connection to any of these servers in your Rational Asset Manager community, select the appropriate server type from the drop-down list.
- IBM Rational System Architect: You can integrate with Rational System Architect so that a user of Rational System Architect can publish diagrams and definitions as an asset to Rational Asset Manager. Other users of Rational System Architect can search and retrieve the diagrams and definitions.
- OpenSocial gadgets for assets: You can add dynamic gadgets from other applications directly onto the General Details page for an asset.
- IBM Lotus Connections: When you integrate with Lotus Connections, you can view business cards for users and add an iWidget to a Lotus Connections community.
- IBM Rational Insight: Integrate with Rational Insight to enable intelligent analysis and reporting so that you can better understand what assets you have, reduce duplication, and bring the most value to your organization.
- Server licenses: Rational Asset Manager Enterprise Edition no longer requires the purchase of a server license, providing more flexibility in the deployment of clusters and stand-alone servers
- Token licenses: Token licenses are now available. You can reduce deployment costs by sharing Token licenses across one or more Rational products.
- Forum sharing: To better collaborate with other teams, you can now share a forum across multiple communities.
- Community permissions for a state in a lifecycle: You can allow only collaborators that you specify for an asset to view or modify an asset, preventing others in the community from making changes.
- Duplicate community lifecycles: You can duplicate a community lifecycle to use as the basis for a new lifecycle.
- Updated Approval API: Rational Asset Manager now supports the required portion of the proposed Approval specification. Users can now see their requested approvals across servers.
- New Asset subscriptions API: Subscriptions package was added to the Java client API for managing asset subscriptions.
- Automatic asset subscriptions per user: When you create an asset, you can disable the subscription function.
- OAuth consumer keys for other applications: You can now generate OAuth consumer keys and secrets so that other applications can access information on this repository.
Other new and improved functionality:
- Action buttons at the top and bottom of pages: Action buttons are now at the top of the page so that you can modify the page without scrolling to the bottom.
- Asset and user details: You can view details about assets or users without leaving the current page by hovering your cursor over the names of assets or users.
- Linked artifacts across versions: In linked asset content in an Eclipse workspace, the version of an asset might different. If the artifact of the resource is not on the newly selected version, a window opens in which you can choose what to link.
- Attribute resource linking: You can set resource links for resource attributes. Users can select the connections that are defined on the server.
- Shared assets among libraries: Enabled libraries can now share assets and asset metadata, so that you can better manage multiple libraries with complicated dependencies.
- Asset Based Development (ABD): Follow the included ABD process content, which is part of the IBM Rational Measured Capability Improvement Framework, to improve development techniques.
- Rational Asset Manager on the cloud: You can use Rational Asset Manager on the cloud to realize faster deployment with reduced capital and operational costs.
For complete documentation, including installation instructions, review the Information Center.
Software and hardware requirements
Review the detailed system requirements document at
Detailed System Requirements for Rational Asset Manager 184.108.40.206
Access the software
Access the Rational Asset Manager 220.127.116.11 Download document.
You can install this fix pack by using one of two options:
- If version 7.5 or 18.104.22.168 is installed on your system, you can install this update by using the Update Packages wizard in IBM Installation Manager. For details, see Installing Rational Asset Manager, Version 22.214.171.124 as an update.
- If you are installing version 126.96.36.199 for the first time, or if you are installing an additional instance of it, you can install this update at the same time you install version 7.5 by clicking Check for updates on the Install page of the Install Packages wizard in Installation Manager. For details, see Installing Rational Asset Manager, Version 188.8.131.52 with Version 7.5.
Installing Rational Asset Manager, Version 184.108.40.206 as an update
- Rational Asset Manager, Version 7.5 or 220.127.116.11 must be installed.
- The product cannot be open when you install this fix pack.
- Ensure that all browsers and other applications that were opened by Rational Asset Manager are closed.
To install version 18.104.22.168 as an update:
- Start Installation Manager.
On Windows Vista, you must run Installation Manager as administrator. (Right-click the program shortcut and click Run as administrator.)
- On the Start page of Installation Manager, click Update Packages.
- If a new version of Installation Manager is found, you are prompted to install it before you can continue. Click OK to proceed. Installation Manager automatically installs the new version, stops, restarts, and resumes.
- In the Update packages wizard, select the installation location for Rational Asset Manager and click Next. Installation Manager searches for updates in the Rational Asset Manager repository on the Web and any repository locations that you entered. A progress indicator shows that the search is taking place.
- By default, recommended updates are displayed and selected on the Update Package page. Select Version 22.214.171.124 for Rational Asset Manager; then click Next.
- On the Licenses page, read the license agreements for the update. On the left side of the Licenses page, click each item to display the license agreement text.
- If you agree to the terms for all of the license agreements, click I accept the terms of the license agreements; then, click Next.
- On the Summary page, review the information and then click Update. A progress indicator shows the percentage of the installation that is complete.
- When the update process is complete, a message that confirms the success of the process is displayed near the top of the page. Click View log file to open the log file for the current session in a new window. You must close the Installation Log window to continue.
- The server setup application opens in a web browser. Proceed through the server setup application to deploy the updated applications and adjust other settings. For more information, see Upgrading from a previous version of Rational Asset Manager on WebSphere Application Server.
Installing Rational Asset Manager Version 126.96.36.199 with Version 7.5
- From the product installation CD, start the launchpad program.
- Read the Installation Guide and the release information.
- When you are ready to begin the installation, click Install IBM Rational Asset Manager.
- If Installation Manager is not detected on your system, you must install it to continue. To install Installation Manager, follow the on-screen instructions in the installation wizard that opens. After the installation is complete, Installation Manager opens automatically.
- If an older version of Installation Manger is installed on your system, the older version is updated to the latest release. To update Installation Manager, follow the on-screen instructions in the installation wizard that opens. After the installation is complete, Installation Manager opens automatically.
- Click Install Packages.
- Click Check for Other Versions and Extensions. Installation Manager checks for later versions and refreshes the page with any later versions that it finds.
- Under IBM Rational Asset Manager, select Version 188.8.131.52. Click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions in the Install Packages wizard to install Rational Asset Manager.
The licensing for Rational Asset Manager is done though the Rational Asset Manager Web application, not through Installation Manager.
The Rational Asset Manager Server Setup wizard requires that you specify a license server in order to complete the configuration of Rational Asset Manager. For information about specifying the license server path see the "Specifying the license server path" help topic in the Installation Guide.
Known problems are documented in the form of individual technotes in the Support knowledge base at http://www.ibm.com/software/rational/support/. As problems are discovered and resolved, the knowledge base is updated with any new information. You can search the knowledge base to quickly find workarounds or solutions to problems.
The following link launches a customized query of the Support knowledge base:
- View all known problems for Rational Asset Manager, Version 184.108.40.206
- What software versions were you running when the problem occurred?
- Do you have logs, traces, or messages that are related to the problem? You can access the Rational Asset Manager ramdebug.log file from the Web client. As a repository administrator, click Administration > Tools and a link to the file will be in the Logs section.
- Can you reproduce the problem? If so, what steps do you take to reproduce it?
- Is there a workaround for the problem? If so, be prepared to describe the workaround.
For contact information and guidelines or reference materials that you will need when you require support, see the IBM Software Support Handbook.
For FAQs, lists of known problems and fixes, and other support information, visit the product support page for Rational Asset Manager.
For product news, events, and other information, visit the product home page for Rational Asset Manager.
Before you contact IBM Rational Software Support, gather the background information that you will need to describe your problem. When describing a problem to an IBM software support specialist, be as specific as possible and include all relevant background information so that the specialist can help you solve the problem efficiently.
To save time, know the answers to these questions: