In a clustered environment on a Windows operating system, upgrade a Tivoli Storage Manager server from any release of V6.1 to any release of V6.2.
Note: Some steps in this procedure require you to run the Microsoft Management Console (MMC). When you do so, you might get error message ANRU1203E. The MMC expects a response from the server that is not fully initialized. To continue, click OK > NEXT. This operation might require several attempts.
1. Ensure that the cluster is running on the primary node. Unless otherwise noted, perform the following steps on the primary node.
2. In the Failover Cluster Manager window, take the Tivoli Storage Manager server and the DB2 server offline:
a. In the left panel, select
Services and Applications and then select the cluster group. The resources for the group are displayed in the right panel. In
Other Resources, SERVER1 and the Tivoli Storage Manager servers are displayed.
b. Right-click the TSM Instance(x) Server. Select Take this resource Offline. Repeat this step for SERVER1.
a. In the left pane, in the
Services and applications section, ensure that the cluster group is still selected.
b. In the center pane, in the Summary window, in the Server Name section, expand the network name to view the IP address. Record the network name and IP address.
c. Delete the network name, including the IP address.
d. In the center pane, in the Other Resources section, delete the TSM Instance(x) Server entry.
5. To remove DB2 clustering from the instance, for each Tivoli Storage Manager instance in the cluster, issue the following command:
7. Move the cluster from the primary node to the node that is being updated. On each secondary node, go to the MMC and delete the server instance. The MMC provides a choice of resources to delete. Delete the server instance and the registry entries for the server and console. Do not remove any files. Exit the MMC before moving to the next node.
Tip: Before installing the server code, ensure that no windows are opened to DB2 directories; otherwise, the DB2 installation fails.
8. Starting with the primary node, switch the cluster to the node that is being updated, and install Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2 on each node in the cluster.
9. Ensure that the primary node owns the cluster resources and that all nodes in the cluster are running. From the MMC on the primary node, run the Cluster Configuration wizard. If you have multiple instances, repeat this procedure for each instance that you plan to reuse. Update these instances in the same order that was used originally. The MMC names the first server instance SERVER1, the second SERVER2, and so on.
10. Move the cluster resources to the next node to be configured. To initialize and configure the server, in MMC, run the Initial Configuration wizard on the appropriate node. When the last node in the cluster is added, the MMC creates cluster entries for Tivoli Storage Manager.
Note: When configuring on the second node, you might see message ANRU1119E:
A problem was encountered while interpreting TSM admin results. The wizard will not continue. Report this to TSM technical support.
If you see this message, click OK and then click Finish.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.