System requirements for IBM DB2 Merge Backup v1.1
This document describes the system requirements for IBM DB2 Merge Backup v1.1.
Ensure that your computer meets the system requirements before you install IBM DB2 Merge Backup v1.1.
DB2 Merge Backup supports the same platforms as DB2 V9.5 and DB2 V9.7 except Solaris x86. The following platforms are supported:
- HP-UX IA64 11iv2 or later
- IBM AIX® 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, and 7.1
- Linux for xSeries®
- Linux for pSeries®
- Linux for zSeries®
- Solaris Operating Environment 8, 9, and 10 (SPARC only)
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 Server x86-32 bit
- Windows 2008 Server x86-64 bit
- Windows XP Professional x86-32 bit
- Windows XP Professional x86-64 bit
- Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition x86-32 bit, x86-64 bit
- Windows 2003 Standard Edition x86-32 bit, x86-64 bit
DB2 Merge Backup supports the following databases:
- IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows V9.5
- IBM DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows V9.7
Restriction: Only DB2 V9.7 fix pack 4 and DB2 V9.5 fix pack 8 support the registration of backups that are created by DB2 Merge Backup. If you are using DB2 v9.7 Fix Pack 3 or earlier, and you want to merge backups starting from a full merged backup, you must specify the latest full merged backup by using the START option in the control file.
The following table lists the approximate amount of memory and disk space that is required to install DB2 Merge Backup on each of the supported systems. Additional memory might be necessary if a large number of input or output buffers are required.
|IBM AIX systems||128 MB RAM||195 MB|
|Solaris systems||128 MB RAM||266 MB|
|Windows systems||128 MB RAM||167 MB|
|Linux for xSeries||128 MB RAM||202 MB|
|Linux for pSeries||128 MB RAM||202 MB|
|Linux for zSeries||128 MB RAM||175 MB|
|HP-UX systems||128 MB RAM||195 MB|
Attention: Some extra disk space might be required on the source installation directory for running the installation scripts.
Original publication date
More support for:
DB2 Merge Backup for Linux UNIX and Windows
Software version: 1.1.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 7019864
Modified date: 2011-05-02