This document features the most requested documents as well as those identified as valuable in helping answer your questions related to ILOG. The list will be updated periodically to reflect new trends and problems.
The content below was sent in the Support Newsletter for IBM Decision Optimization on 23 Feb, 2016. If you would like to subscribe, see the instructions in the IBM Support Newsletter Knowledge Collection.
This document contains links (URLs) to IBM Decision Optimization technical support documents and information that can help you get more value from your software. It is intended to help you to be proactive in your support and administration of IBM Decision Optimization. This document includes:
- IBM Support Easy OnBoarding tool
This is a fun, engaging, educational tool that assists our clients to sign up for 5 basic client self-assist tools/services: obtain an IBM ID, sign up for My Notifications, access the IBM Support Portal, register for Service Request, and register for Passport Advantage. Earn tokens for every step you complete and play the game at the end!
- Upgrade to our latest version of IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio 12.6.3
IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio provides the most efficient way of building models for mathematical programming, constraint programming and constraint-based scheduling, in order to tackle complex optimization problems such as planning and scheduling. Download our latest version to take advantage of the latest features and improvements made to the solvers.
- Latest in IBM Decision Optimization on Cloud: CPLEX-driven optimization
IBM Decision Optimization on Cloud provides the power of IBM CPLEX Optimizers in a self-serve cloud environment. It includes the DropSolve drag-and-drop interface to solve models of various formats online, the Decision Optimization on Cloud API to embed CPLEX Optimizers on cloud in any application, documentation and samples, and a community where operations research experts and application developers can contribute and learn from each other. Here are the latest additions to the cloud offering:
- You can now solve your models in parallel with the baremetal subscriptions
You can now run several jobs in parallel with the Reserved Baremetal subscription for DOcloud. If you have this subscription, you can use the parallel solve feature by adding two new parameters to your job creation request.
- Learn how to implement a complex solve procedure using the DO on Cloud APIs
We’ve posted another sample using DOcloud with the Java API on GitHub - Cutting Stock Java sample
- Sign up for the IBM Decision Optimization on Cloud (DOcloud) free trial, including access to DropSolve and the DOcloud Rest API
- docplex: Cplex Modeling for Python
Try out our new offering CPLEX modeling for Python (docplex), an open source project on PyPI and GitHub. You can easily formulate your optimization models and solve them with DOcloud solve service or CPLEX local solver. Access to free solve capabilities to discover this new API is made easy thanks to our cloud free trial and our new CPLEX Optimization Studio free Community Edition (aka COS CE): you can get access to any of those two with the help of one mail address.
- IBM ILOG Optimization Virtual User Group
IBM ILOG Optimization Virtual User Group Meetings provide you with updated and useful information about our products and how you can get the best value for your organization from our optimization technology and solutions. These meetings are being held electronically with presentations by our product management and development subject matter experts. The sessions will run for approximately one hour, with about 45 minutes of presentation material and 15 minutes for open questions and answers. We look forward to your participation. Please email Kitte Knight at firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation to this Webinar with the subject line "VUG for ILOG OPTI".
- YouTube channel
We have uploaded our previous Support Technical Exchanges to our YouTube channel. Check out and view our presentations on CPLEX, OPL, Decision Optimization Center. In the coming months, we will continue to upload our latest full-length presentations, and will be producing a number of shorter videos to detail more features about our products.
Our IBM Decision Optimization Support Facebook page provides a unique community for customers, support personnel, developers and others curious about IBM Decision Optimization products. If you want to find high quality technical content, engage in technical discussions, or simply stay up to date with the latest IBM Decision Optimization news join our community now!
IBM Decision Optimization Technology collaboration community on LinkedIn for networking and knowledge sharing.
- Forums - IBM developerWorks
Interact with the IBM Decision Optimization community through IBM developerWorks. IBM developerWorks is the IT industry’s most comprehensive source of technical how-to content, evaluation software, and community discussions focusing on IBM Software Products and Open Source standard technologies.
- IBM Decision Optimization developerWorks Community
Join IBM Decision Optimization developerWorks Community to obtain resources about how to use IBM Decision Optimization, including IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio, IBM Decision Optimization Center and the Decision Optimization Cloud.
- Stay informed of critical IBM software support updates with My Notifications
One of the best ways to prevent problems and to stay informed of critical support updates for your IBM software products is to take advantage of My Notifications.
- Detailed System Requirements
- Detailed System Requirements for IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio
This document provides access to the detailed system requirements information on the supported releases of IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio.
- Detailed System Requirements for IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS
This document provides access to the detailed system requirements information on the supported releases of IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS.
- Detailed hardware and software requirements for IBM ILOG CP
This document contains system requirements for IBM ILOG CP
- Detailed System Requirements for IBM Decision Optimization Center
This document contains system requirements for IBM Decision Optimization Center
- Detailed System Requirements for IBM ILOG ODM Enterprise
This document contains system requirements for IBM ILOG ODM Enterprise
- Download the latest Fix Packs
- IBM Decision Optimization Center Fix Pack v126.96.36.199
IBM Decision Optimization Center Fix Pack v188.8.131.52 on Fix Central.
- Wondering how to get started with IBM Support?
Find basic support information on the main tab of the updated Electronic Support page. It provides the information you need to successfully use IBM support.
- IBM Software Support Lifecycle
Find detailed information about the available IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policies to help you realize the full value of your IBM software products.
- Product Documentation
- Recently published Technotes
- CPLEX Error 1217 when editing and solving CPLEX models incrementally
How to resolve CPLEX Error 1217 when editing and solving CPLEX models incrementally?
- Best practice of using compiled OPL Models
How to avoid unexpected errors when using compiled OPL Models?
- Not enough memory to load query result from repository
How to resolve error "Not enough memory to load query result from repository" when working with ODM applications in ODM Studio?
- Use a different JVM to solve Optimization Jobs on Optimization Server
How to use a different JVM to solve Optimization Jobs on Optimization Server?
- Presentations of IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio and IBM Decision Optimization Center/ODM Enterprise
List of presentations available online for IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio and IBM Decision Optimization Center/ODM Enterprise
- IBM Support and Passport Advantage portal navigation tool
How do I navigate through the IBM Support and Passport Advantage portals to achieve my objective?
- Short Guide to opening a Service Request Online
Get started with the online Service Request Tool. Here is a short guide to help you get started.
Original publication date
|Commerce||IBM ILOG CP||General|
|Commerce||IBM Decision Optimization Center||General|
|Commerce||IBM ILOG OPL-CPLEX -ODM||General|
|Commerce||IBM CPLEX Optimizer for z/OS|