IBM WebSphere Portal Express and WebSphere Portal Express Idle Stand-by per Install License Option Version 7.0 Quick Start Guide
IBM® WebSphere® Portal Express® offers the complete set of portal services necessary to deliver a single point of personalized interaction to applications, content, business processes, and people for a unified user experience.
Product software can be accessed from DVD or e-image, both available from Passport Advantage®. If you download your product from Passport Advantage, follow the directions in the download document at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24026542. This product is available as a single product offering with multiple licensing options. Review the International Program License Agreement for a list of licensing options and their respective entitlements.
The product offering that you purchased includes limited entitlements to all or portions of the following other IBM programs:
IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, IBM DB2 Universal Database™ Workgroup Edition, IBM Tivoli® Directory Server, IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator Identity Edition, IBM Lotus® Web Content Management, IBM WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer, IBM Lotus Domino® Enterprise Server, IBM Lotus Sametime®, and IBM Lotus Quickr™ for WebSphere Portal.
For complete documentation, including installation instructions, see the WebSphere Portal information center at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/portal/proddoc.html.
See the detailed system requirements document at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27007791.
The following diagram demonstrates the base architecture of WebSphere Portal Express:
The Quick installation scenario provides step-by-step instructions to help you quickly install a basic working instance of WebSphere Portal Express.
1. You can either start the installation process from the appropriate DVD or downloaded product code for your operating system.
Navigate to the root directory and run the following commands:
- IBM i:
- To install locally from a QSH session of the IBM i console, run setup.sh.
- To run the installer from the Microsoft® Windows® platform and install to a remote IBM i system, run setup.exe.
- Linux®: Run ./setup.sh.
- Windows: Run setup.exe.
3. To verify that WebSphere Portal is running open the following URL in a browser:http://example.com:port_number/wps/portal
where example.com is the fully qualified host name of the system that is running WebSphere Portal and port_number is the port number that is displayed on the confirmation page. For example, http://www.ibm.com:10039/wps/portal.
4. Install any required fixes for WebSphere Application Server at this time. See Supported hardware and software for more information about required fixes that must be applied.
For more information, see the following resources:
- WebSphere Portal Zone: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/portal/
- Detailed system requirements: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27007791
- WebSphere Portal Information Center: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/portal/proddoc.html
- WebSphere Portal family wiki: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/portalwiki.nsf
- IBM Redbooks®: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/
- IBM Support: http://www.ibm.com/software/genservers/portal/support/
IBM WebSphere Portal Express Version 7.0 Licensed Materials - Property of IBM. © Copyright IBM Corp. 2000, 2010. U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
IBM, the IBM logo, and ibm.com® are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.
The Quick Start Guide is available in these national language versions:
More support for:
Software version: 7.0
Operating system(s): AIX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Software edition: Express
Reference #: 7018604
Modified date: 31 August 2010
Translate this page: