The Information Management Software for z/OS® Solutions Information Center is available as an installable information center for Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7 systems. The locally installed version of the information center offers robust search and print functions.
The installable information center includes the same content as the online information center, and it can run without access to the Internet. The installable information center provides the flexibility to install documentation for only those products that you are interested in, including multiple versions of DB2® for z/OS, IMS™, DB2 and IMS Tools, DB2 QMF™, InfoSphere® Warehouse, and more. An update mechanism helps ensure that the documentation is always current.
With the installable information center, you can run a local information center or an information center server. If you run the local information center, the documentation can be viewed only on the machine that it is installed on. Running the information center as a server enables others on your local network to view the documentation in a web browser without installing the information center on their local machines.
The installable information center requires the following components:
- Information center framework
- Information collections for individual products
To obtain the installable information center framework, use one of the following options:
- Download it from an IBM.com site:
- Go to https://www.ibm.com/services/forms/preLogin.do?source=swg-insinfozOS. You must have an IBM.com ID to access this site.
- Install it from one of the following product offerings:
- Go to the Shopz website. You must register as a user on this site.
- Search for one of the following offerings:
- DB2 Accessories Suite for z/OS V2.2, product number 5697-Q02
- IMS Enterprise Suite for z/OS V2.2, product number 5655-T62
- Order or download either of the preceding offerings, both of which include the installable information center framework.
- Follow the installation instructions that are provided with your download or physical media.
To obtain information collections, use the Update wizard of the installable information center. For details, see the "Adding and updating information collections" topic in the installable information center.
You can also obtain the documentation for some products by ordering the product’s library CD for a low cost. To order the CD:
- Go to the IBM® Publications website.
- Select your country or region and language, and click the right arrow.
- On the next page, click Search for publications.
- On the Quick Publications Center search page, enter the publication number of the product library CD in the Publication number field, and click Go.
Publication title Publication number DB2 10 for z/OS Licensed Library Collection (includes DB2 10 and QMF Version 10 documentation) LK5T-7390 DB2 Version 9.1 for z/OS Licensed Library Collection (includes DB2 Version 9.1 and QMF Version 9 documentation) LK3T-7195 DB2 UDB for z/OS V8 Licensed Library Collection (includes DB2 Version 8 and QMF Version 8 documentation) LK3T-7128 IMS Version 12 Library CD SK5T-7394 IMS Version 11 Library CD SK5T-7375
When the CD is started, the collection index opens. Click the link in the Hints and Tips section about "Information center documentation plug-ins," and follow the instructions in "Copying plug-ins into an existing IBM Eclipse Help System."
View the Web version of the IBM Information Management for z/OS Solutions Information Center at:
Original publication date