This readme is for the IMS™ Enterprise Suite V1.1 Connect API for C.
The IMS Enterprise Suite Connect API for C provides simple interfaces for developing custom IMS Connect TCP/IP client applications that are written in C/C++.
The latest documentation for the IMS Enterprise Suite Connect API for C is available from:
The documentation includes the following information:
- Overview and programming guide for the Connect API for C
- Configuration instructions for using the Connect API for C
- Reference information for the Connect API for C data structures and functions
- Reference information for error messages
- Description of sample client applications and property files
The latest service for the Connect API for C is Service Level 3. Previous service levels:
Service Level 1: IMS Enterprise Suite Version 1.1 base level
Service Level 2: APAR 18126 includes fixes to the input message buffer
Service Level 3 (APAR PM37750) includes the following enhancements and fixes:
The IMS Connect API for C has enhanced memory management to support long-running client applications. The new enhancement releases memory associated with the ConnectionAttribute, TMInteractionAttribute, input, outputData, or APIStatus data structure variables providing finer grained control over the memory associated with the API. New getter and setter methods have been provided for this purpose. This enhancement utilizes the parent-child memory pool paradigm of the open source Apache Portable Runtime (APR).
- disconnectIMS() function hangs for inappropriate parameters as input. The workaround is to always check for validity of inputs before calling the disconnectIMS function. For example check by calling isConnected() function to be true before making a disconnectIMS function call.
- When using multi-segment input messages, errors can occur if the total input message size of a single transaction is larger than 60kb.
- The size of a single input message segment (in a multi-segment message) must be less than 32kb.
Obtaining the service
You can obtain Connect API for C Service Level 3 for Windows™ in two ways:
Option 1. Apply APAR PM37750 and PM18126 (prerequisite).
Option 2. Download from the IMS Enterprise Suite download Web site at https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?source=swg-imsentersuite
For z/OS, use the SMP/E process to install the APARs.
For distributed systems, manually update your imported files the .h, .lib, and .dll files to your environment as instructed in the info center http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dzichelp/v2r2/index.jsp
To verify the installation, see
Supported platforms for the Connect API for C are listed on the information center:
Software requirements for the Connect API for C are listed on the information center:
Contacting IBM® Software Support
Notices and trademarks
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORPORATION PROVIDES THIS PUBLICATION
"AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT,
MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some jurisdictions
do not allow disclaimer of express or implied warranties in certain
transactions, therefore, this statement may not apply to you.
This information could include technical inaccuracies or typographical
errors. Changes are periodically made to the information herein; these
changes will be incorporated in new editions of the publication.
IBM may make improvements and/or changes in the product(s) and/or the
program(s) described in this publication at any time without notice.
- Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Server are trademarks of Microsoft
Corporation in the United States, other countries, or both.
- Java and all Java-based trademarks and logos are trademarks of Sun
Microsystems, Inc. in the United States, other countries, or both.
- Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the United States,
other countries, or both.
- UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States
and other countries.
- Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service
marks of others.
Third Party Notices
The Program may include third party code that IBM, not the third party,
licenses to Licensee under this Agreement. Notices, if any, for the third
party code ("Third Party Notices") are included for Licensee's information
only. These notices can be found in the Program's NOTICES file(s).
Information on how to obtain source code for certain third party code can
be found in the Third Party Notices. If in the Third Party Notices IBM
identifies third party code as "Modifiable Third Party Code," IBM
authorizes Licensee to 1) modify the Modifiable Third Party Code and 2)
reverse engineer the Program modules that directly interface with the
Modifiable Third Party Code provided that it is only for the purpose of
debugging Licensee's modifications to such third party code. IBM's service
and support obligations, if any, apply only to the unmodified Program.
(c) Copyright IBM Corporation 2011. All Rights Reserved.
Connect API for C
IMS Enterprise Suite Connect APIs