Using WebSphere MQ V7 as the JMS Provider for WebSphere Application Server V6
Demonstrate the use of a simple Message Driven Bean (MDB) in WebSphere Application Server (WAS) V6, which interacts with WebSphere MQ (WMQ) V7 as the JMS provider.
The document is provided in the attached file: WAS6_MQ7_JMS_Provider.pdf
This is intended to demonstrate the steps required to use a simple, but functional Message Driven Bean (MDB) in WebSphere Application Server V6, which interacts with WebSphere MQ V7 as the Java ™ Message Service (JMS) provider.
The MDB was created with Rational Application Developer (RAD) V7.5 and the Enterprise Archive File (EAR) file which contains the MDB can be downloaded from this techdoc.
The main scenario shows how to configure both WebSphere Application Server and MQ, in order for a MDB to get messages from MQ, using a WebSphere Application Server Listener Port from a Queue (Point to Point), using the Client transport type.
- Activation Specifications are not supported in WAS V6 for dealing with MQ.
- The main scenario uses the MQ jar files supplied with WAS V6.
Additional scenarios are provided:
- How to use MQ Topics to exploit Publish/Subscribe from MQ.
- How to use Bindings transport type and the local native MQ libraries
This document shows all the screen shots needed for beginners.
This document has the following chapters:
Chapter 1: MQ V7 configuration: queue and topic
Chapter 2: WebSphere Application Server V6 configuration: JNDI objects
Chapter 3: WebSphere Application Server V6 deployment and testing of MDB
Chapter 4: Additional scenarios: Topic, Using Bindings transport type
Related techdocs and articles
- This techdoc is based on the configuration, deployment and test steps described in the following techdoc:
Using WebSphere MQ V7 as JMS Provider for WebSphere Application Server V7
- The MDB was created with Rational Application Developer (RAD) 7.5 and the Enterprise Archive File (EAR) file which contains the MDB can be downloaded from this techdoc. For more details on how to create and test this MDB, see the following techdoc:
Developing and testing an MDB using RAD 7.5, WebSphere Application Server V7 and MQ V7 as JMS Provider
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 9:
- WebSphere Application Server 220.127.116.11
- WebSphere MQ 18.104.22.168
- Firefox (also known as Mozilla)
- EAR file with MDB: SampleMDBEJB.ear
- Text file with code excerpt: onMessage.txt
File name: WAS6_MQ7_JMS_Provider.pdf
File size: 1.0 MB
File name: SampleMDBEJB.ear
File size: 3.57 KB
File name: onMessage.txt
File size: 1 KB
|Application Servers||WebSphere Application Server|
More support for:
Software version: 7.0, 7.1, 7.5
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 7017733
Modified date: 04 February 2010