Client self assist - Technical Support Information for TSM Distributed Administrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Storage Manager (TSM) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your TSM software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
- Support Portal for Storage Manger allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- Storage Manager Version Documentation Central - Find information about installing, configuring, maintaining, and using TSM v6.1.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Storage Manager On-Line Self-Help Resources:
News and Flash documents for Storage Manager
Potential Performance Degradation for Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Servers on AIX POWER7
TSM 5.5 and 6.1 EOS April 30, 2014
YouTube video: The link for the IBM TSM for Virtual Environments - Installation and Configuration video
Technote and FAQ documents for Storage Manager
Only error messages are shown in Activity log workspace
ANR2567W or ANR2716E Schedule prompter error message
Admin Center install DB2 Unable to validate your credentials
Incorrect label causes ANR8847E No device type-type drives are currently available
Remove Operations Center config on server instance after deinstallation
Include option in client options set does not honor management class
ANR8356E Incorrect volume VOL001 was mounted instead of volume VOL002 in library LIBNAME
ANR0106E bfcreate.c(xxxx): Unexpected error 2 fetching row
'QE-DEF-0285 The logon failed' message when generating reports.
Estimating temporary database usage for NDMP backups with TOC
Installing and configuring Tivoli Monitoring for Tivoli Storage Manager
Recovering damaged virtual volume data with Tivoli Storage Manager server
Download and Fixes documents for Storage Manager
- Latest TSM Server and Client Downloads - Fix Packs and Interim Fixes - This page has the server and client download links to the latest fix packs and interim fixes by version.
- Recommendations for TSM Client and Server Fixes - This document answers the frequently asked question, what product version does IBM recommend?
- APAR notification page - Contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) client 6.4.1 Downloads and READMEs
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) client 6.1.5.x interim fix downloads
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) client 5.5.4.x interim fix downloads
Tivoli User's Group TSM Library -
Introduction to TSM Operations Center
TSM for Virtual Environments, 6.4
The Storage Manager's Guide to Improving Backup and Recovery Reporting
Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center V6.4.1 Frequently Asked Questions - The Operations Center is IBM’s next-generation graphical user interface for Tivoli Storage Manager. It provides advanced end-to-end visibility of the entire backup environment. Over time, IBM plans to add control and automation capabilities, which will dramatically simplify daily management and operational tasks for a wide range of users. The following are frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Operations Center that will help you plan for, deploy, and use this new interface.
Click here for more information on Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments and
TSM for Virtual Environments - Nondisruptive backup and instant recovery: Simplified and streamlined
Optimizing performance for servers and clients - This publication contains configuration best practices and guidelines and this edition applies to V6.4 and V6.3, and replaces previous editions of the Performance Tuning Guide.
Youtube training modules -
- IBM TSM 6.4.1 Operations Center Technical Video - 10 Minute Description of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center. This video provides a short introduction and technical overview of the TSM Operations Center management application.
- Upgrading Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5 to 6.3.4
- Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center walk through
- Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 Windows Automatic Client Deployment
- Tivoli Storage Manager 6.2 Disaster Recovery Manager Basics
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Storage Manager - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available..
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash modules for Storage Manager - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your TSM software.
24 Sep 2013 - Using Tivoli Storage Manager Instrumentation for Performance Tuning
Problem-Solving Resources On-line
- Problem-Solving Resources On-line for TSM Administrators - A compiled list of URL's from our technical support team containing documents to aid you in your system administration of TSM.
- Collecting Data: Read First for TSM Products - For every problem, collecting data can aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
- Collecting Data for Storage Manager: Server Database Reorganization - If you are experiencing difficulties with server initiated reorganization, follow these instructions.
- Known issues with the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center V6.4.1
- TSM Server/Client Compatibility and Upgrade Considerations
- Optimizing performance for servers and clients - This publication contains configuration best practices and guidelines and this edition applies to V6.4 and V6.3, and replaces previous editions of the Performance Tuning Guide.Storage Manager Version Information Center - Find information about installing, configuring, maintaining, and using TSM v6.1.
- Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals in Service Management Connect. Get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Tivoli Storage Manager Wiki - Tivoli Wikis provide you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global Tivoli User Community - The Global Tivoli User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of Tivoli professionals in the world.
- Tivoli RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them click the Subscribe link from the email they would like to receive this newsletter Subscribe Tivoli Storage Manager Newsletter
The IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Support Team!
Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager