Client self assist - Technical Support Information for TSM Distributed Administrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure (C&SI) - Tivoli Storage Manager technical support information newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information.
Support Portal for Tivoli Storage Manger
Find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
Featured Documents for Tivoli Storage Manager
This document contains links to key information documents and is divided into linked sections for ease of navigation. You may use the links below to jump to the desired section of the document.
- IBM Support Assistant (or ISA) for TSM Client 6.x & TSM Server 6.x - quickly collect diagnostic files so your problems can be solved faster.
PLEASE NOTE: Tivoli Storage Manager Versions 5.5 and 6.1 have reached End of Support as of April 30, 2014 - Click Here for more details
...And: Tivoli Storage Manager Version 6.2 End of Support has been announced for April 30, 2015 - Click Here for more details
- Security Bulletin: Tivoli Storage Manager version roll-off by unauthorized clients (CVE-2014-4817)
- Security Bulletin: Tivoli Storage Manager is affected by the following OpenSSL vulnerability: CVE-2014-0224
- Unrecoverable TSM for VE Hyper-V data mover backups
- Duplicate-identification processing can incorrectly deduplicate fragmented data
- Archive log files are not deleted after Tivoli Storage Manager server Version 7.1.1 database backup
- TSM NDMP Backups to a NAS attached tape drive might overwrite the last backup on tape
- TSM products not affected by the Bash vulnerabilities (CVE-2014-6271, CVE-2014-7169, CVE-2014-7186, CVE-2014-7187, CVE-2014-6277, and CVE-2014-6278)
Latest Technotes and FAQs
- TSM Linux Backup-Archive client "best effort" supported distributions
- Changing the instance account password
- Restoring NDMP node file system to an alternate NAS Filer
- DB2 compatibility with the Tivoli Storage Manager API client
- System State Backups May Fail With Error Message ANS1468E On Certain Windows Operating Systems
- Server 7.1 install fails license is already installed
- "C:"system drive fills during RESTORE DB operation
- Client backup fails with return code 653
- Client configuration wizard provides incorrect server address in Operations Center
- ADM8507N errors generated in db2diag.log file during database backup
- Recognizing and fixing session timeout problems
- BACKUP DB delayed $$_TSMDBMGR_$$ session start
- Unexpected exception during upgrade to 7.1.x.x
Latest Downloads and Fixes
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) Client 7.1.1 Downloads and READMEs
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Version 7.1.1 for Windows Servers
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Version 7.1.1 for AIX/Linux/UNIX Servers
- Customer Installable IBM Knowledge Center - contains the latest set of information about Tivoli Storage Manager products.
Latest TSM Server and Client Downloads - Fix Packs and Interim Fixes
This page has the server and client download links to the latest fix packs and interim fixes by version.
Recommendations for TSM Client and Server Fixes
This document answers the frequently asked question, what product version does IBM recommend?
Education and training
- To find live and self paced courses on this product, visit IBM authorized training - Worldwide and leverage offerings from our Global Training Providers.
Problem Solving Resources
Problem-Solving Resources On-line for TSM Administrators
A compiled list of URL's from our technical support team containing documents to aid you in your system administration of TSM.
Collecting Data: Read First for TSM Products
For every problem, collecting data can aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
Storage Manager Version Information Center
Find information about installing, configuring, maintaining, and using TSM v6.1.
TSM Server/Client Compatibility and Upgrade Considerations
The functionality in the lowest version and release is supported in that compatible combination, for as long as the lowest version and release is in regular support.
Tivoli User's Group TSM Library -
Introduction to TSM Operations Center
TSM for Virtual Environments, 6.4
The Storage Manager's Guide to Improving Backup and Recovery Reporting
Forums and Wikis
Tivoli Storage Manager Forum
This forum is focused on protecting & maximizing the availability of your on demand computing data with Storage Management solutions.
Storage Management Community
Connect, learn, and share with the Storage Management Community experts.
Tivoli Storage Manager Wiki
This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
If you have peers or co-workers that may benefit from these newsletters, please have them bookmark this link
The C&SI Tivoli Storage Manager Support Team!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager