Client self assist - Technical Support Information for TWS z/OS Administrators
Welcome to the Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Workload Scheduler for z/OS (TWSz) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the material. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Workload Scheduler for z/OS On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Workload Scheduler for z/OS allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- TWS for z/OS Information Center and TWS for Virtualize Data Centers Information Center - offer various links to helpful documentation.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for TWS for z/OS and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Workload Scheduler for z/OS Developer's corner
- Automatic management of trouble tickets for ended-in-error jobs.
- Dynamic provisioning of distributed resources to manage temporary or intermittent automation requests.
- Streamlined retrieval of job logs for any historical run of jobs.
- Implementation of the mandatory dependency capability.
- Management of IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS message log.
- Usage of the parallel server parameter. (Parallel server limits the maximum number of jobs that can be in started status at any time.)
- More efficient reporting system.
- Monitoring of agent status in a distributed network with z-centric agents.
- Management of system automation commands.
- Increased speed in the Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console when searching for jobs, jobstreams, and workstations.
- Self-service monitoring and management dashboard available on mobile
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS V9.2 GA on 03/14
It delivers improved productivity by simplifying the collaboration with other tools and the day-by-day operations. It also enhances operation efficiency through mobile access to monitoring and management capabilities.
Features that can help improve productivity by simplifying the collaboration with other tools include:
Enhanced features that can help simplify the day-by-day operations include:
Mobile features that enhance operations:
New z/OS 2.1
If upgrading your current z/OS version to the new z/OS 2.1 please stay tuned and refer to APAR PM96890 which fixes some TWS for z/OS compatibility problems (in JCC and JES3 interace).
Flash and News documents for Workload Scheduler for z/OS
Technote and FAQ documents for Workload Scheduler for z/OS
EQQW766W & EQQW777W FLAG MISMATCH BETWEEN JES2 EXIT7 and TRACKER SUBSYSTEM
What happens when FTA job submission is turned off
Restart and Clean-up Logic bypass
stopWas.sh without user and password
Convert bat files to vb files
CONTROLLING JOBS ON SA WORKSTATIONS
CLEANUP TYPES A, M: What is the difference?
TDWC times out to display operation list
APAR documents for Workload Scheduler for z/OS
PI12069: Lock not released for dialog sessions connected via tcp/ip to the server
PI11473: Password encryption job (eqquptop) sometimes abend0c4
PI05905: Get eqqx271e and eqqg004e messages and a sysmdump
PI10225: Porting n.1 of tws for zos base problems fixed in twsz 9.2 to earlier twsz releases, as applicable
PI06456: eqqaudns (eqqaudnz) is missing a free for the jtx datasets. this apar sysroutes back a fix done starting from tws for z/os 8.6.0.
PM98088: Msg eqql509e is issued when trying to add applications which are members of application group with external dependencies to ltp
PI10244: Cumulative documentation updates (use after pi08795)
PI07205: Enhanced panels minor problems
PI11344: The command /f subsys,dckpt could not work correctly or the http traces could contain incorrect information
PI10584: Spanish advanced panel 'eqqsopsd' "pull down menues" doesn't work
Download and Fixes documents for Workload Scheduler for z/OS
- Fix Central for Workload Scheduler for z/OS - Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
- Fixes by Version for Workload Scheduler for z/OS (PSP BUCKETS) - This document contains a comprehensive list of recommended, generally available (GA) fixes.
IBM Fix Central - 9.1.0-TIV-TDWC-IV55012
- Workload Automation (Youtube) training modules - Check out the available training videos for your Workload Scheduler software.
- Support Technical Exchange training events for TWS for z/OS - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for TWS for z/OS - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your TWS for z/OS software.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Featured Documents for TWS for z/OS - This list features the documents most frequently requested by our customers.
- TWSz Migration to new release - Best Practices - A basic guide to upgrading TWS for z/OS to a new Release, with emphasis on best practices for a successful migration and elimination of excessive detail provided in product documentation.
- MustGather: Read First for TWS for z/OS - Gathering data before requesting support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
- Detailed system requirements for TWS for z/OS (V8R6) - The list below includes links to the system requirements for TWS for z/OS.
- TWSz Migration to new release - BEST PRACTICES - A basic guide to upgrading TWS for z/OS to a new release, with emphasis on best practices for a successful migration and elimination of excessive detail provided in product documentation.
- TWS for z/OS Information Center - This page includes various documentation links.
- TWS for Virtualize Data Center Documentation Central - This page includes various documentation links.
IBM Electronic Support - Easy, Fast, Smart. Has a portfolio of tools and resources to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly. Your customized support experience when you need to contact IBM Support, use on-line tools to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
- IBM Software Subscription and Support - Provides you with easy access to product upgrades and technical support.
- IBM Software Support Handbook - This guide contains important information on the procedures and practices followed in the service and support of your IBM products.
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Workload Scheduler for z/OS Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global Tivoli User Community - The Global Tivoli User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of C&SI professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them bookmark the TWS for z/OS Newsletter
The C&SI Workload Scheduler for z/OS Support Team!
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS
TWS for z/OS
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS
Tivoli TWS for z/)S
Workload Scheduler for z/OS