Client self assist - Technical Support Information for TWS z/OS Administrators
Welcome to the Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Workload Scheduler for z/OS (TWSz) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the material. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Workload Scheduler for z/OS On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Workload Scheduler for z/OS allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- TWS for z/OS Information Center and TWS for Virtualize Data Centers Information Center - offer various links to helpful documentation.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for TWS for z/OS and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Workload Scheduler Developer's Corner
NOTE: Workload Scheduler for z/OS 8.3.0 announces End of Service (EOS) for 2013-04-30
If your are interested in upgrading to TWS for z/OS 8.6.0, the TWS for z/OS Upgrade Package document provides useful info and a list of reference links to help in the upgrade activity and in new version start up.
Workload Scheduler default certificates must be renewed before 10 December 2013
Workload Scheduler provides a secure, authenticated, and encrypted connection mechanism for communication based on the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which is automatically used with Workload Scheduler.
Workload Scheduler also provides default certificates to manage the SSL protocol that is based on a private and public key methodology. If you do not customize SSL communication with your own certificates, Workload Scheduler uses the default certificates that are stored in the default directories to communicate in SSL mode. They will expire on Feb 10 2014 but you need to renew them before December 10th 2013 and you need to perform the actions described below to avoid impact on your TWS environment.
IBM team published the following Alert for TWS and TWSz Customers:
Workload Scheduler - default certificates must be renewed before 10 December 2013
Workload Scheduler for z/OS SSL default certificates must be renewed before 10 December 2013
Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.6.0 Fixpack 3 and Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console 8.6.0 Fixpack 3 and Tivoli Workload Scheduler zOS Connector 8.6.0 Fixpack 3 are available as of the end of November , 2013 and can be down loaded from Fix Central.
The fixpacks can be found by accessing the Fix Central section of the Tivoli Workload Scheduler.
To download the fixpack for Tivoli Workload Scheduler and Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console:
Select the Product Group: Tivoli.
Select Product: Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Select 8.6.0 Installed Version
Select the Platform.
Select Browse for fixes and click Continue.
New z/OS 2.1
If upgrading your current z/OS version to the new z/OS 2.1 please stay tuned and refer to APAR PM96890 which fixes some TWS for z/OS compatibility problems (in JCC and JES3 interace).
Flash and News documents for Workload Scheduler for z/OS
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS default certificates need to be renewed before December 10 2013
Technote and FAQ documents for Workload Scheduler for z/OS
Install TWS v8.5.1 FTA and zcentric agent to same instance
AWSUI0766E and AWSUI0833E messages trying to connect a DWC to a TWSz controller
Using EQQCLEAN with a large job causes an RC=12
EQQX274E EQQX300E When creating or modifying a TWSz application
Creating a new controller or tracker subsystem using the SETSSI command
Conditional JOBSTEP dependency definition
Time Change Question?
APAR documents for Workload Scheduler for z/OS
PI05115: Abend0c7 on issuing jclprepa against job not in cp when jcl includes oplsdate variable
PM98088: Msg eqql509e is issued when trying to add applications which are members of application group with external dependencies to LTP
PM96890: TWS for z/OS fixes for New z/OS 2.1
PI06550: z/OS connector 8.6 fix pack 3 for z/WAS
PI05603: Ftp jobexecutor: add support for multi byte file transfer, z/OS side
PM88796: The parameter gdgnstd for eqqdelds has default of no which can sometimes cause delays in the catalog processing of gdgs.
PI05411: TWSZ JCC doesn't always requeue held output
PI05960: Batchloader replace discard prior application version in case 'advalfromchg(y)' option is used
PI05707: Abend s0c4-11 in eqqytopx seen when DWC used to change a job in error status back to ready
PI05595: Loop in output collector task with high cpu utiliization after rfrdest command is issued
PM93504: Output collector abends 0c4 in eqqoucht
PI05867: Error 43 running compiled eqqocl, routine not found when running ocl example
Download and Fixes documents for Workload Scheduler for z/OS
- Fix Central for Workload Scheduler for z/OS - Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
- Fixes by Version for Workload Scheduler for z/OS (PSP BUCKETS) - This document contains a comprehensive list of recommended, generally available (GA) fixes.
- Workload Automation (Youtube) training modules - Check out the available training videos for your Workload Scheduler software.
- Support Technical Exchange training events for TWS for z/OS - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for TWS for z/OS - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your TWS for z/OS software.
07 Aug 2013 - Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure: Tivoli Workload Scheduler on z Proof of Technology
17 April 2013 - Workload Scheduler for z/OS - SSL certificates expires on February 2014: Procedure how to renewal
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Workload Scheduler for z/OS Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global Tivoli User Community - The Global Tivoli User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of C&SI professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Featured Documents for TWS for z/OS - This list features the documents most frequently requested by our customers.
- TWSz Migration to new release - Best Practices - A basic guide to upgrading TWS for z/OS to a new Release, with emphasis on best practices for a successful migration and elimination of excessive detail provided in product documentation.
- MustGather: Read First for TWS for z/OS - Gathering data before requesting support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
- Detailed system requirements for TWS for z/OS (V8R6) - The list below includes links to the system requirements for TWS for z/OS.
- TWSz Migration to new release - BEST PRACTICES - A basic guide to upgrading TWS for z/OS to a new release, with emphasis on best practices for a successful migration and elimination of excessive detail provided in product documentation.
- TWS for z/OS Information Center - This page includes various documentation links.
- TWS for Virtualize Data Center Documentation Central - This page includes various documentation links.
IBM Electronic Support - Easy, Fast, Smart. Has a portfolio of tools and resources to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly. Your customized support experience when you need to contact IBM Support, use on-line tools to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
- IBM Software Subscription and Support - Provides you with easy access to product upgrades and technical support.
- IBM Software Support Handbook - This guide contains important information on the procedures and practices followed in the service and support of your IBM products.
Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them bookmark the TWS for z/OS Newsletter
The C&SI Workload Scheduler for z/OS Support Team!
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS
TWS for z/OS
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS
Tivoli TWS for z/)S
Workload Scheduler for z/OS