Client self assist - Technical Support Information for TSM Fastback Administrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Storage Manager FastBack technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your TSM FastBack software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Storage Manager FastBack On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Storage Manger FastBack allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Problem Solving Resources On-line for Storage Manager FastBack - A compiled list of URL's from our technical support teams containing documents to aid you in your system administration of TSM FastBack.
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Flash and News documents for Storage Manager FastBack
TSM FastBack for Workstations Open Beta is now available
Technote and FAQ documents for Storage Manager FastBack
TSM FastBack for Bare Machine Recovery fails with the error FBSM8026E.
TSM FastBack Manager fails to connect to localhost.
Compatibility issues to consider when upgrading to TSM FastBack version 6.1.x.
Software and hardware requirements for TSM FastBack version 6.1.7.
FastBack Tape Integration script fails with an exclamation mark
FBSS5509W message for undocumented FastBack snapshots
Troubleshooting VSS problems in FastBack
Update to version 18.104.22.168 crashes
Recovery options for the FastBack Disaster Recovery(DR) site
The TSM FastBack clients cannot connect to the FastBack server
APAR documents for Storage Manager FastBack
IC97116: TSM FastBack snapshot processing can hang at 100% in progress.
IC97148: Chain deletion in a TSM FastBack disaster recovery repository can fail due to a lock conflict
IC97778: Job schedule names are showing up with a suffix of (2), for example backupa(02) in TSM FastBack
IC97744: Fastback snapshot data on drhub repository may become inconsistent
IC95459: Double byte characters incorrectly allowed to be entered in numeric fields in FastBack Manager
IC94776: Unable to remove volume with snapshot relocation from repository pool
Download and Fixes documents for Storage Manager FastBack
- Storage Manager FastBack APARs fixed in version 6.1.8.x
- APARs fixed in Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack version 22.214.171.124
- Storage Manager FastBack for MS Exchange APARs fixed in version 5.5.3
- Fix Central for Storage Manager FastBack - Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
- APAR notification page - Contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
- ISA Lite for TSM FastBack for Workstations - IBM Support Assistant Data Collector to quickly collect diagnostic files, such as log files, configuration files or to run traces. This automated data collection is reliable, accurate and saves you time. Just download it for your product, extract the package and go!
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations 7.1
How to download current versions of FastBack applications
- Support Technical Exchange training events for TSM FastBack - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash modules for TSM FastBack - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your TSM FastBack software.
- YouTube videos: This link is for a play list of TSM Storage portfolio related videos including the new videos
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Storage Manager FastBack Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Storage Manager FastBack for Workstations Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the TSM FastBack for Workstations product.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- TSM FastBack for Workstations v7.1 Hardware and Software Requirements
- Recommendations, Problem Resolution, Limitations and Known issues when using IPV6
- Collecting Data for Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback: Client Crash Issues
- Collecting Data for Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback: Client Installation Issues
- TSM FastBack L2 Support Process
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- C&SI Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them Bookmark to this link Storage Manager FastBack Newsletter
The C&SI Storage Manager FastBack Support Team!
Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback
Storage Manage Fastback