Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Provisioning Manager Administrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Provisioning Manager (TPM) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Provisioning Manager On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portals for Provisioning Manager and Provisioning Manager for Software allow you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for Provisioning Manager and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Flash and News documents for Provisioning Manager
Supported operating systems and platforms for the provisioning server
Supported operating systems and platforms for target computers
Technote and FAQ documents for Provisioning Manager
Web component upgrade on a Solaris server might hang or fail at 95%
PXE boot hang
Installation using MS SQL 2008 R2 Express
Clear text passwords are shown in "Create Project with a Workload Deployer Pattern" UI in SimpleSRM
DCMQuery for getting server name in lower case fails
COPCOM361E Property value is empty
Retrieve the RXA sap id
Wscansw hangs and does not complete
Image discovery fails due to duplicate hardware resources on the VMs
Tivoli Provisioning Manager fails to perform SDI tasks
APAR documents for Provisioning Manager
IV54975: Version of imported sp not honored
IV56539: Discovery is not updating vcenter web address when ip is changed
IV55715: Datastore lowercase after host discovery
IV55982: Request to increase and decrease cpu via TSAM on an existing lpar are failing
IV54612: Discovering a vmware cluster with portgroups on vds create duplicate portgroups
IV54135: 'ms_patch_process_offline_download_bundle' workflow completes successfully even if offline_patches.tar was not found
IV56132: Launchlwi.sh reads every properties file located in the $tio_home/lwi/conf/overrides subfolder
IV55967: During TPM "refresh pack" core component upgrade step, license agreement panel will require full graphical installation
IV55923: The clean-up-tasks-history tool shows a wrong usage message
IV54455: Doc apar to document that a device driver that is not pci based needs to be statically injected into Winpe
Download and Fixes documents for Provisioning Manager
Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Interim Fix 220.127.116.11-TIV-TPM-IF00006
Prerequisite Scanner Version 18.104.22.168 Readme
Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Interim Fix 22.214.171.124-TIV-TPM-RP00001
IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Images System x Edition Version 7.1.1 Fix Pack 14
IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for Images Version 7.1.1 Fix Pack 14
IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager for OS Deployment Version 7.1.1 Fix Pack 14
IBM Fix Central - 7.1.1-TIV-TPMI-zlinux-FP0014
IBM Fix Central - 7.1.1-TIV-TPMI-windows-FP0014
IBM Fix Central - 7.1.1-TIV-TPMI-SxE-windows-FP0014
IBM Fix Central - 7.1.1-TIV-TPMI-SxE-linuxppc64-FP0014
Provisioning Manager and Service Automation Manager Version 7 Database Configuration and Hygiene - This document will provide a set of recommendations in order to manage overall database configuration and hygiene. The Database Management System (DBMS) is a common component that is integral to overall product function and performance.
- Fix Central for Provisioning Manager - This document points to the fixes by version for the Provisioning Manager product.
- ISA Lite for Provisioning Manager - IBM Support Assistant Data Collector to quickly collect diagnostic files, such as log files, configuration files or to run traces. This automated data collection is reliable, accurate and saves you time. Just download it for your product, extract the package and go!
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Provisioning Manager - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Provisioning Manager - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your software.
To find live and self-paced courses on this product, visit IBM authorized training - Worldwide and leverage offerings from our Global Training Providers (Additionally you can click on any icon below).
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Collecting Data: Read First for Provisioning Manager - Quickly collect diagnostic files such as log files and configuration files or to run traces.
- Supported operating systems and platforms for the provisioning server
- Supported operating systems and platforms for target computers
- Provisioning Manager 7.x Guide (FAQ) - Frequently Asked Questions from Problem Management Reports.
- Provisioning Manager Documentation Central - This page includes documentation links for Provisioning Manager.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals in Service Management Connect. Get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Cloud/Virtualization Management Community - Connect, learn, and share with the Cloud/Virtualization Management experts.
- Provisioning Manager forum - This forum is for Provisioning Manager, Intelligent Orchestrator and TPM for Software customers to get support and provide a discussion area on all aspects of these products.
- Provisioning Manager Express forum - This forum is an area to exchange ideas and information and host discussions on TPM Express.
- Provisioning Manager Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them Bookmark this link Provisioning Manager Newsletter
The C&SI Provisioning Manager Support Team!
IBM Tivoli Provisioning Manager
Tivoli Provisioning Manager
IBM Provisioning Manager