This document contains the system requirements for WebSphere MQ for z/VSE V3.0.
|Please read first
- WebSphere MQ for z/VSE V3.0 is the follow-on release to MQSeries for VSE/ESA V2.1.2.
- IBM System z10 Enterprise Class
- IBM System z10 Business Class
- IBM System z9 Enterprise Class
- IBM System z9 Business Class
- IBM zSeries 890
- IBM zSeries 990
- IBM zSeries 800
- IBM zSeries 900
- S/390 Parallel Enterprise Server Generation 5 and 6
- S/390 Multiprise 3000
- Other manufactures compatible servers capable of running z/VSE
- z/VSE V3.1, or later
- Language Environment V1.4.4, or later
- CICS/VSE V2.3 or CICS Transaction Server for VSE/ESA V1.1.1, or later
- For APPC channels: VTAM V4.2, or later
- For TCP/IP channels: TCP/IP for VSE V1.5F (or equivalent), or later
- WebSphere MQ for z/VSE V3.0 is compatible with MQSeries for VSE/ESA V2.1.2.
- Applications from MQSeries for VSE/ESA V2.1.2 can be migrated without change.
- There are no migration issues.
- WebSphere MQ for z/VSE will participate in distributed queuing with all currently supported V5, V6, and V7 WebSphere MQ products on all supported distributed and z/OS platforms, and with the existing MQSeries for VSE/ESA V2.1.2 product. However, WebSphere MQ for z/VSE V3.0 will not support participation in any WebSphere MQ cluster.
- Explorer support to view and manage WebSphere MQ for z/VSE V3.0 queue managers and MQSeries for VSE/ESA V2.1.2 queue managers will need WebSphere MQ V188.8.131.52 (planned availabilty first quarter 2009) or V184.108.40.206 or WebSphere MQ Explorer Category 3 Support Pac MS0T. The Explorer itself does not run on the z/VSE platform.
- For more information on z/VSE V4.2, refer to Software Announcement 208-323, dated October 21, 2008.
- For C applications: Language Environment C for VSE V1.1 or later
- For COBOL applications: Language Environment COBOL for VSE V1.1 or later
- For PL/I applications: Language Environment PL/I for VSE V1.1 or later
- 11 December, 2008: WebSphere MQ for z/VSE V3.0 requirements webpage published.
- 17 December 2008: Added Application Support section.