Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Netcool/OMNIbus Administrators
October 05, 2014 | Issue #04
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure (C&SI) - Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus technical support information newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information.
The Support Portal for Netcool/OMNIbus
Find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
IBM Assist On-site
Live remote assistance tool to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Most recent News and Flashes
C&SI Support is excited to announce our very own You Tube channel for training videos. Many are created by our very own support personnel. You can find it here: https://www.youtube.com/user/CSISupportVideos It also has links back to our other popular training outlet, IBM Education Assistant, which has over 750 pieces of content across 55 products.
Latest Technotes and FAQs
- Change Deployment Engine Host Name
- Prevent TSRM Gateway from Updating TSRM Ticket to RESOLVED
- Remedy gateway API version
- Remedy gateway - CS-Library error 1/4/1/132 ct_fetch()
- Support's Guide to the Oracle Gateway
- Webgui new browser and java support
- distinct SQL statement in ObjectServer
- Support's Guide to sub-second triggers
- Users are getting deleted mysteriously from the object server
- Global Default view not found
- Recipe to Deploy OMNIbus Failover Object Server Pair
- Non java probe environment variable setup
- CA Spectrum V9.6 Corba fails to find Event File
- GLF probe constantly using high CPU
- Flat File Gateway perform synchronization with ObjectServer
- ProbeWatch synchronization events from probe initialization script
Most recent APARs
- IV63988: GLF probe re-reading the target log file if it fails to open it at least once
- IV60615: Alcatel omc-r q3 probe - full implementation of acom_051019.mib
- IV65136: Alcatel oad probe not closing un-used connections
- IV64072: Minimum requirement for mttrapd probe
- IV63759: Setting event_flash_time = 0 causes high cpu for nco_event
- IV63147: To include evd.jar fix in iv61268 in probe package
- IV63758: View builder restriction, max/min/default can not be altered
- IV63225: Unable to save changes on nco client
- IV65011: The (spectrumcause.pl needs to be enhanced to support the probable cause file (cspcause) internationalization
- IV61490: Connection watch reconnection missing with probe Nokia netact 3gpp v6 version 5.0
Latest Downloads and Fixes
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1.0 Fix Pack 1, 8.1.0-TIV-NCOMNIbus-FP0001
- Download IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V8.1
- Download Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus version 7.3.1 for Windows
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 8.1.0 Fix Pack 2, 8.1.0-TIV-NCOMNIbus-FP0002
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 7.3.1 Fix Pack 10, 7.3.1-TIV-NCOMNIbus-FP0010
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 7.4.0 Fix Pack 6, 7.4.0-TIV-NCOMNIbus-FP0006
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 7.4.0 Fix Pack 5, 7.4.0-TIV-NCOMNIbus-FP0005
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 7.3.1 Fix Pack 11, 7.3.1-TIV-NCOMNIbus-FP0011
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 7.3.1 Fix Pack 12, 7.3.1-TIV-NCOMNIbus-FP0012
Fixes by version for OMNIbus
This document points to the fixes by version for the OMNIbus product.
Fix Central for Netcool/OMNIbus
Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
Education and training
Support Technical Exchange training events for Netcool/OMNIbus
This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Netcool/OMNIbus
Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your Netcool/OMNIbus software.
Problem Solving Resources
MustGather: Read First for OMNIbus
Gathering data before requesting support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
Troubleshooting guides for OMNIbus
Guides to help you with the administration of Netcool/OMNIbus software.
Netcool/OMNIbus Information Center
This page includes various documentation links.
Forums and Wikis
Business Service Management Community
Connect, learn, and share with the Business Service Management experts.
This forum is geared towards administrators and users of the various Netcool/OMNIbus products.
This Wikis provide you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
If you have peers or co-workers that may benefit from these newsletters, please have them Bookmark this link
The C&SI Netcool/OMNIbu Support Team!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Tivoli Netcool Omnibus
IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus