Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Netcool/OMNIbus Administrators
January 05, 2015 | Issue #01
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure (C&SI) - Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus technical support information newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information.
The Support Portal for Netcool/OMNIbus
Find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
IBM Assist On-site
Live remote assistance tool to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Most recent News and Flashes
- Java 7u25 incorrect operation of Web GUI AEL, Event Dashboard, Map & Map Editor
- New security requirements in Java 7 Update 51 blocks Web GUI applets from running
- Support training videos released for Netcool/OMNIbus
- Netcool/OMNIbus Integrations Release Notice - Probe for TL1 (nco-t-tl1-3_0)
- Netcool/OMNIbus Integrations Release Notice - Probe for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2012 (nco_p_scom2012-3_0)
- Netcool/OMNIbus Integrations Release Notice - SNMP Probe (nco-p-mttrapd-19_0)
- New Support training videos released for Netcool/OMNIbus
Latest Technotes and FAQs
- ODBC Gateway fails to start with error - Assertion failed
- ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 193
- Omnibus email probe fails to connect to mail server with authorization failure error.
- Remedy Gateway loses connection to ARS Server
- Windows 8 desktop software won't run
- Backup probe consuming emails
- Installing Netcool Omnibus 8.1 Web GUI fails
- Configuring manual DataSource failback in OMNIbus Web GUI
- ObjectServer tools assigned to groups, not visible
- Changing event severity icons
- A specific user unable to view Active Event List
- Cannot receive certificate from CA
- Changes are not propagated to nodes
- Creating a user from Web GUI into Object server display error : CWWIM1999E
- WebGUI integration with Google maps, earth
- WebGUI Maintenance Mode - Windows
- WebGUI new browser and java support
- Patching WebGUI 7.3.1 with TIP 126.96.36.199
- Prevent WebGUI 7.3.1 from delivering non-secure content
- Netcool Web GUI 7.3.1 FP5 (Webtop-FP5) upgrade failed
Most recent APARs
- IV64569: WebGUI 188.8.131.52(b): event dashboard error when try to display filter from group name with space
- IV67267: WebGUI 7306d1(b): unwanted "myview" being generated using "copy view"
- IV67836: Custom event dashboards fail to load properly with system filters
- IV67204: New Russian timezones incorrectly represented in WebGUI, even after applying jtzu update
- IV68123: Doc APAR: WebGUI: v7.4 fips configuration
- IV67967: Email probe retry count is not reset
- IV58759: Toolbar display controlling parameters not documented in smartpage reference
- IV67844: [nco_g_bmc_remedy] gateway issues erroneous update as a result of after iduc when priming the cache
- IV67594: [nco_g_bmc_remedy] gateway forwards delete requests of alerts that are never visible to the gateway
- IV67805: [nco_g_bmc_remedy] gateway attempts to create ticket for deleted events, if previous attempts have already failed
Latest Downloads and Fixes
- IBM Support - Contact L2 Support
- IBM Support - Tivoli Release and Maintenance
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus_GUI 7.3.1 Fix Pack 7 Interim Fix 1, 184.108.40.206-TIV-NCOMNIbus_GUI-IF0001
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus_GUI 7.3.0 Fix Pack 6, 7.3.0-TIV-NCOMNIbus_GUI-FP0006
- Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus 7.4.0 Fix Pack 5, 7.4.0-TIV-NCOMNIbus-FP0005
Fixes by version for OMNIbus
This document points to the fixes by version for the OMNIbus product.
Fix Central for Netcool/OMNIbus
Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
Education and training
Support Technical Exchange training events for Netcool/OMNIbus
This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Netcool/OMNIbus
Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your Netcool/OMNIbus software.
Problem Solving Resources
MustGather: Read First for OMNIbus
Gathering data before requesting support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
Troubleshooting guides for OMNIbus
Guides to help you with the administration of Netcool/OMNIbus software.
Netcool/OMNIbus Information Center
This page includes various documentation links.
Forums and Wikis
Business Service Management Community
Connect, learn, and share with the Business Service Management experts.
This forum is geared towards administrators and users of the various Netcool/OMNIbus products.
This Wikis provide you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
If you have peers or co-workers that may benefit from these newsletters, please have them bookmark this link
The C&SI Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Support Team!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Tivoli Netcool Omnibus
IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus