Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Netcool/OMNIbus Administrators
December 05, 2014 | Issue #05
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure (C&SI) - Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus technical support information newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information.
The Support Portal for Netcool/OMNIbus
Find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
IBM Assist On-site
Live remote assistance tool to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Most recent News and Flashes
- Withdrawal from IBM Passport Advantage download website and End of Support for selected Netcool/OMNIbus Probes
- Updated! Support training videos released for Netcool/OMNIbus
Latest Technotes and FAQs
- nco_install_integration error /lib/ld-linux.so.2 bad ELF interpreter
- Signature algorithm in SSL certificate
- Spectrum Domain name usage in CA Spectrum Probe XML host file
- Re-loading Rulesfiles behaviour
- ObjectServer and LDAP for authentication to WebGUI
- Slave probe in peer-to-peer mode stops logging P2P message
- Logfile grows past large MaxLogFileSize
- Probe integrations product withdrawal from passport advantage
- WebGUI - Connection and disconnection events
- Proxy server goes down with ObjectServer
- LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 prevents libraries from being found
- JDBC Gateway errors on startup when connecting to DB2
Most recent APARs
- IV58951: Export maps using tipcli.sh failes with index out of range error
- IV41869: Preupgrade.sh picks up backup directories and files
- IV66640: Object server crashes after resync by gateway owing to restriction filter
- IV65309: Add new functionality in probe to obtain incoming trap statistics and to identify event flood in probe
- IV65011: The (spectrumcause.pl needs to be enhanced to support the probable cause file (cspcause) internationalization
- IV66559: Race condition between ticket creation and notification for newly created ticket
- IV66594: Gateway processes [m] notifications with severity equal to 0 as [c] notifications
- IV67129: Unable to connect due to server verification failure
- IV31217: Webtop entities are not converted to Webgui 7.3.1 system filters
- IV67079: The AEL applets fail to load when opening a page containing multiple AEL applets
Latest Downloads and Fixes
Fixes by version for OMNIbus
This document points to the fixes by version for the OMNIbus product.
Fix Central for Netcool/OMNIbus
Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
Education and training
Support Technical Exchange training events for Netcool/OMNIbus
This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash training modules for Netcool/OMNIbus
Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your Netcool/OMNIbus software.
Problem Solving Resources
MustGather: Read First for OMNIbus
Gathering data before requesting support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
Troubleshooting guides for OMNIbus
Guides to help you with the administration of Netcool/OMNIbus software.
Netcool/OMNIbus Information Center
This page includes various documentation links.
Forums and Wikis
Business Service Management Community
Connect, learn, and share with the Business Service Management experts.
This forum is geared towards administrators and users of the various Netcool/OMNIbus products.
This Wikis provide you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
If you have peers or co-workers that may benefit from these newsletters, please have them bookmark this link
The C&SI Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus Support Team!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Tivoli Netcool Omnibus
IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus