Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Tivoli Workload Scheduler Adminstrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure (C&SI) - Workload Scheduler (TWS) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information.
Workload Scheduler Resources
The Support Portal for Workload Scheduler
Allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
My Notifications for Workload Scheduler
Subscribe and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR)
Streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep)
A secure data repository with problem determination tools and functions for the problem management records (PMR) life cycle management.
IBM Assist On-site
Live remote assistance tool to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Workload Scheduler Developer's corner
These fixpacks (TWS ,TDWC and zOS Connector ) deliver 23 APARS, plus internal defects and PSIRT exposures (CVE-2013-0443 CVE-2013-0169 CVE-2013-5780 CVE-2013-5803 CVE-2013-5372 CVE-2014-0411 CVE-2014-0964 CVE-2014-0114 CVE-2014-0224 CVE-2014-0221 CVE-2014-0195 CVE-2014-3470).
Fixpacks has been certified by Globalization test team.
IBM Workload Automation New Release preview!
Are you interested in the Next Practices in the world of Workload Automation?
Join us for the next TWS release transparent development program and be the first to watch the new features!
We have the pleasure to announce that we started ideating and implementing the next releases of
>> IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler
>> IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS
>> IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications
>> IBM Workload Automation (previously named SmartCloud Workload Automation)
>> IBM Workload Automation SaaS.
Please contact email@example.com to join !
TWS 8.4 will be out-of-support on April 2015!
Ready to move to next TWS releases?
If you need assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IBM TWS Support could assist your team on Upgrade Plan.
Please continue to visit the TWA Development Collaboration Community where the IBM TWS team will upload new material to deploy and configure TWS features!
Tivoli Workload Scheduler Support Landing Page
This is a page dedicated to Tivoli Workload Scheduler support where you can find more information related to Tivoli Workload Scheduler and quickly perform searches on subjects that are commonly asked about by our clients.
- Security Bulletin Tivoli Workload Scheduler for Applications is affected by the following OpenSSL vulnerabilities: CVE-2014-0224, CVE-2014-0221, CVE-2014-0195, CVE-2014-3470
- TWS incorrectly installs licenses of some other products.
- Security vulnerabilities have been identified in IBM® DB2® shipped with Tivoli Workload Scheduler (CVE-2013-6747, CVE-2014-0963)
- Important announcement: Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
Latest Technotes and FAQs
- Error configuring LDAP with SSL
- TDWC 8.6 SSO LDAP not working with engine TWS 851
- Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console 8.6 FP1 All configured Task are not present on Windows
- JSC v8.3 or v8.4 compatibility with TWS v8.2 or v8.2.1 master
- AWSDEB010E error received and FTA is not linking
- Separate TWS binaries for the HP-UX Itanium platform
- Using refresh interval on graphical Plan View and APAR IV25226
- Backward compatibility problems with job types with advanced options
- TWA & TDWC 8.6 Bom Refresh
- TDWC 8.6 tool to alleviate performance issue when opening the task portlet
- Web Services fails using HTTPS protocol
Most recent APARs
- IV60236: MBCS characters are garbled browsing joblog using TDWC and conman sj;stdlist on AIX
- IV55052: Error "eqqa637e the name of the dataset is invalid"in tdwc twsz interface
- IV58942: TWS database job types with stored procedure lookup failing on Oracle when package name is specified
- IV60964: During planman resync, resources are seen twice from TDWC
- IV60988: Runtime error! r6034 r6034am: c:\opt\ibm\twa91\tws\cli\bin\param91.exe
- IV61189: The DWC install failed because of missing packages required only by RHEL 6 not RHEL 5
- IV60715: TWS 9.x: job confirm succ still displayed in abend from TDWC
- IV60962: Job stream status ready in TDWC but succ in conman
- IV60719: TWS 9.x: jobs earliest start time left blank in TDWC
- IV60965: Resources status unavailable in TDWC
Latest Downloads and Fixes
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-zLinux64-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-zLinux32-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-Windows64-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-SolarisSparc64-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-SolarisSparc32-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-LinuxPPC64-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-Linux64-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-Linux32-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-HPUX64-IV61280
- IBM Fix Central - 8.6.0-TIV-TWS-FP0003-DWC-HPUX32-IV61280
Fixes by version for Workload Scheduler
This document points to the fixes by version for the TWS product.
Fix Central for Workload Scheduler
Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
Recommended fixes for Workload Scheduler and TDWC
A comprehensive list of recommended, generally available fixes.
APAR notification page
Contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
Education and training
Workload Automation (Youtube) training modules
Check out the available training videos for your Workload Scheduler software.
Support Technical Exchange training events for Workload Scheduler
This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
IBM authorized training - Worldwide
Live and self paced courses on this product.
Problem Solving Resources
Featured Documents for Workload Scheduler
This list features the documents most frequently requested by our customers.
TWS 8.6 Planning and Installation Guide
This guide provides information for planning, installing, migrating, and configuring an TWS network and is intended for administrators and system architects.
TWS Other Troubleshooting Guides (v8.3 - 8.6)
This document contains general troubleshooting guidance for TWS.
Procedure and best practices to upgrade V8.3 or V8.4 to V8.5.1 or V8.6
This document contains TDWC Installation/Upgrade known solutions and TWS Installation known issues and solutions.
Workload Scheduler Documentation Central
This page includes various documentation links.
Workload Scheduler for Applications Information Center
This page includes various documentation links.
IBM Electronic Support
Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification
IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
Software product compatibility reports
Reports about compatible software combinations.
IBM Software Accelerated Value Program
Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
Forums and Wikis
Service Management Connect
Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
Process Automation community
Connect, learn, and share with the Process Automation experts.
Workload Automation Forum
This forum is for technical discussion focused on IBM Workload Automation products to share product knowledge and experience.
Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community
The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
C&SI RFE Community
You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
If you have peers or co-workers that may benefit from these newsletters, please have them click the Subscribe link from the email they would like to receive this newsletter Subscribe to Tivoli Workload Scheduler newsletter or bookmark this on-line link Workload Scheduler Newsletter .
The C&SI Workload Scheduler Support Team!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Tivoli Workload Scheduler
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler