September, 2016 - IBM Workload Scheduler Customer Support Technical Information Newsletter
Client self assist - Technical Support Information for IBM Workload Scheduler Adminstrators
September 30, 2016 | Issue #9
Welcome to the Tivoli Workload Scheduler Technical Support Information newsletter. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information.
As of 1st September 2016, IBM and HCL have entered into partnership
This partnership takes the best of their shared knowledge and teaming experience to build industry-leading Automation and DevOps solutions.
The following link will provide you with more details about the partnership: A partnership for growth and innovation
For any questions regarding the partnership contact Alexandra Thurel at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler versions 8.5.x will no longer be supported after September 30, 2016. See the announcement letter for details: Software withdrawal and service discontinuance.
IBM 9.4 Beta Program opens on October 4th. How it works:
- The usage is a Free 30-day trial.
- Includes 1 configured Docker Agent.
1. The Support Portal for IBM Workload Scheduler
Allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
2. IBM Workload Scheduler Support Landing Page
This page is dedicated to IBM Workload Scheduler support where you can find more information related to Tivoli Workload Scheduler and quickly perform searches on subjects that are commonly asked about by our clients.
3. IBM Assist On-site
Live remote assistance tool to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Most recent News and Flashes
1. IBM Workload Automation V18.104.22.168 enhances the powerful usage-based pricing model with predictable job counts.
Latest Technotes and FAQs
1. Install TWS v8.6 BKM to a DB2 server instance with remote DB2 server with the database
2. Useful TWS v8.4 through v9.3 WebSphere logs and their location
3. Rebuilding the plan after a direct migration from TWS v8.2.x to TWS v8.5
4. Commands taking a long time
5. CHECKSYNC or planman resync does not finish.
6. Installation failed at the database configuration step
7. TWS 9.3 fresh installation BKMDM could be lost custom event
8. IV86831 TWS 9.3 FP2 installation failure with Oracle db
Most recent APARs
1. IV87671: MISSING PARAMETERS IN TWAINSTANCE#.TWA.PROPERTIES, UPGRADE FAILS
2. IV88003: WRONG INFORMATION IN TDWC USER'S GUIDE 9.X ABOUT ENGINE CONNECTIONS DEFINITIONS
3. IV87526: CAN NOT VIEW ANY ARGUMENTS FOR DYNAMIC JOBS BY DWC 9.3
4. IV87558: TWS 9.3 FP1 AND FP2 UPDATESTATS TAKE A LOT OF TIME TO BE COMPLET ED AND INCREASE TIME EACH DAY IT RUNS
5. IV87664: INCORRECT BUFFER SENT TO THE Z/OS SERVER
6. IV86852: AWSJOM200E ERROR OCCURS IF AT AND EVERYENDTIME ARE DEFINED ACROSS 00:00 WHEN SOD IS NOT 0000.
7. IV89073: EVERY JOBSTREAM AT IS AFFECTED BY SOD TIME.
8. IV89007: EWAS CRASHED DUE TO A SEGMENTATION ERROR
9. IV86835: JNEXTPLAN -NOREMOVE SWITCH CAUSES TO CARRY FORWARD, BUT NOT ALL INSTANCES OF RERUN JOBS ARE CARRIED FORWARD WITH THE JOB STREAM
10. IV87846: WRONG TRANSLATION IN FRENCH ON EVENT DEFINTION OF JOB STATUS TDWC 9.3 FP2
Latest Downloads and Fixes
1. IBM Fix Central - 9.3.0-IBM-IWS-SOLARIS_I386-FP0002
2. Fix Central for Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Fix Central provides fixes and updates for your system's software, hardware, and operating system.
Education and training
1. IBM Workload Automation (YouTube) training modules
Check out the available training videos for your Workload Scheduler software.
2. IBM Automation Academy
A channel all about time saving, educational videos that come straight from the IBM automation experts who work with these products daily.New Abstract
Problem Solving Resources
1. Featured Documents for Workload Scheduler
This list features the documents most frequently requested by our customers.
2. IBM Workload Scheduler Knowledge Center
Links to product documentation for all versions.
3. Troubleshooting Guides for IBM Workload Scheduler
This document contains links to the Troubleshooting guides for IBM Workload Scheduler (TWS) versions 8.4 through 9.2
Forums and Wikis
1. IBM Process Automation Community
Connect, learn, and share with the Process Automation experts.
2. IBM Workload Automation Forum
This forum is for technical discussion focused on IBM Workload Automation products to share product knowledge and experience.
3. Workload Automation Transparent Development
A social platform to discuss on existing solutions and implementations, as well as to learn and influence the next release developments.
If you have peers or co-workers that may benefit from these newsletters, please have them bookmark this link
The Tivoli Workload Scheduler Support Team!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Tivoli Workload Scheduler
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler
More support for:
IBM Workload Scheduler
Software version: 8.6, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 7013365
Modified date: 05 October 2016