Client self assist - Technical Support Information for TWS Adminstrators
Welcome to the Tivoli Workload Scheduler technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your Tivoli Workload Scheduler software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Your opinions matter and we would really appreciate your feedback on a consideration of change of delivery process.
We are considering sun-setting this email delivery process for our Support Technical Newsletters. (Note: This Newsletter will continue to be updated monthly)
There are two other options currently available:
1. Utilize our on-line Support application called "My Notifications", which allows anyone to subscribe to the on-line edition of the TWS Newsletter as well as other personalized product content, and updates can be emailed to you based on your frequency choice.
2. Bookmark the TWS Newsletter on-line edition to reference this technical content at any time.
Please respond and let us know which method of delivery you prefer. Based on your feedback we will make a final determination to continue or sun-set this process.
Click here - if you prefer to continue receiving these emails via this delivery process OR Click here - if you prefer using either "My Notifications" and/or "Bookmarking" the on-line version.
Tivoli Newsletter Program Administrator
Tivoli Workload Scheduler On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Tivoli Workload Scheduler allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Tivoli Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Tivoli Workload Scheduler Corner
Tivoli Workload Scheduler default certificates expire on 10 February 2014
Tivoli Workload Scheduler provides a secure, authenticated, and encrypted connection mechanism for communication based on the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which is automatically installed with Tivoli Workload Scheduler.
Tivoli Workload Scheduler also provides default certificates to manage the SSL protocol that is based on a private and public key methodology. If you do not customize SSL communication with your own certificates, Tivoli Workload Scheduler uses the default certificates that are stored in the default directories to communicate in SSL mode.
IBM team published the following Alert for TWSd and TWSz Customers:
Tivoli Workload Scheduler - default certificates expire on 10 February 2014
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS - default certificates expires on 10 February 2014
In these Alerts there are the information needed to manage that scenario and also the link to IBM STE that will be held by the IBM Support team on April to the TWSd and TWSz Customers.
There is a new refreshed version of :" Upgrading from Versions 8.3 and 8.4 - Procedure and Best Practices"
We are pleased to announce that Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.5.0 Fixpack 4 and Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console 8.5.0 Fixpack 4 have been shipped and can be downloaded from Fix Central.
These fixpacks (TWS and TDWC) deliver 59 APARS, internal defects to our customers plus new default certificates and scripts to be used to modify the old default certificates.
Please continue to visit the Tivoli Workload Scheduler Wiki. IBM TWS team will upload new material to deploy and configure TWS features!
Flash and News documents for Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Tivoli Workload Scheduler - SSL default certificates expire on 10 February 2014
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS - SSL default certificates expires on 10 February 2014
Daylight Saving Time (DST) change can affect IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler, JSC and TDWC
TWA Next Release - Transparent Program [Beta Announcement]
If running Tivoli Workload scheduler for z/OS 8.3.0 note that EOS has been announced for 2013-04-30. If interested in upgrading:
TWSz Migration to new release - BEST PRACTICES is a basic guide to upgrading TWS for z/OS to a new release, with emphasis on best practices for a successful migration and elimination of excessive detail provided in product documentation. The TWS for z/OS Upgrade Package document provides useful info and a list of reference links to help in the upgrade activity and in then latest version start up.
Technote and FAQ documents for Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Create a job that replies to a prompt for a carryforward job
Using an Oracle database for TDWC user settings repository
Error running SAP Jobs
TWS installation fails on the step to add the writer file
Windows Users get 'access denied' trying to open TWS stdlist output via command line
Non-TWS user is unable to access the conman command line on an FTA
TWS and High Availability environment
Unable to run TWS programs from Win2K8 command line as the twsuser
Unable to browse TWS joblogs from an Alternate Plan
TWS v8.6 install on Linux x64 errors with "DB2 instance not found"
Error running SQL database job on TWS agent for z/OS
TWS v8.6 installation fails on Solaris during prerequisites check
"RSHD: 0826-813, permission is denied."
AWSJIS068E error during install of a TWS FTA on Windows 2008 Server
TDWC v8.5.1 FP02 installation failure - disk space check incorrect
Submitting a job via JSC with a job dependency
APAR documents for Tivoli Workload Scheduler
IV36154: Wrong SCHEDTIME for jobs schedule after REPLAN
IV40164: Job stream name is lost after priority is changed by button on set priority
IV40159: Composer does not accept " ETC/GMT+" TIMEZONES.
IV39500: Negotiator cores at 184.108.40.206 on BG/P
IV40446: RC= 127 IN EXECUTECMD.SH although the script is successful
IV40274: JOBLOG downloaded from TDWC can only be saved to the format of the OS where job ran
IV40269: Slow SSH transfer of file due to processing local file
IV40284: TDWC can not display the format of "<WORD>" correctly of the job comments due to XML parsing
IV39263: AT/UNTIL time is not correct for EET on the day after DST change
IV39223: DOCOMMAN ending with \ on Windows are executed from JOBMANRC with a double quote at the end
Download and Fixes documents for Tivoli Workload Scheduler
- Fixes by version for Tivoli Workload Scheduler - This document points to the fixes by version for the TWS product.
- Fix Central for Tivoli Workload Scheduler - Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
- Recommended fixes for Tivoli Workload Scheduler and TDWC - A comprehensive list of recommended, generally available fixes.
- Tivoli APAR notification page - Contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0-TIV-TWS-FP0004.txt
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0-TIV-TWS-FP0004.pdf
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0-TIV-TWS-FP0004.VSR
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0-TIV-TDWC-FP0004.VSR
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0.TIV-TDWC-SOLARIS_X64-FP0004.tar
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0.TIV-TDWC-LINUX_X86_64-FP0004
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0.TIV-TDWC-LINUX_PPC-FP0004.TAR
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0.TIV-TDWC-HPIA64-FP0004.TAR
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0.TIV-TDWC-SOLARIS-FP0004
IBM Fix Central - 8.5.0.TIV-TDWC-HPUX-FP0004
TWS Installation Checker Tool v. 1.1 - This tool is to help you check if a TWS v8.5.1 FP04, v8.5.1 FP03, v8.6, v8.6 FP01 or Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console (TDWC) v8.6 installation can be considered complete and successful or not.
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Tivoli Workload Scheduler - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
- Configuring authentication using LDAP for TWS 8.6 help on LDAP configuration for TWS 8.6.
Most recent events
10 April 2013 - TWS - SSL default certificates expire on February 10, 2014 [Session 1]
12 April 2013 - TWS - SSL default certificates expire on February 10, 2014 [Session 2]
17 April 2013 - TWS for z/OS - SSL certificates expires on February 2014: Procedure how to renewal
19 April 2013 - Use SR Tool to create and track PMR in Chinese language - for China Audience
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Welcome to the Global Tivoli User Community - The Global Tivoli User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of Tivoli professionals in the world.
- Tivoli RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Featured Documents for Tivoli Workload Scheduler - This list features the documents most frequently requested by our customers.
- TWS 8.6 Trouble Shooting Guide (Updated) - This guide provides information for troubleshooting TWS 8.6 and its components.
- TWS 8.6 Planning and Installation Guide - This guide provides information for planning, installing, migrating, and configuring an TWS network and is intended for administrators and system architects.
- TWS Other Troubleshooting Guides (v8.3 - 8.6) - This document contains general troubleshooting guidance for TWS.
- Procedure and best practices to upgrade V8.3 or V8.4 to V8.5.1 or V8.6 This document contains TDWC Installation/Upgrade known solutions and TWS Installation known issues and solutions.
- Tivoli TWS Information Center - This page includes various documentation links.
- Tivoli TWS for Applications Information Center - This page includes various documentation links.
- Tivoli Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for Tivoli Workload Scheduler and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- IBM Support Assistant Lite for Tivoli Workload Scheduler quickly collect diagnostic files so your problems can be solved faster.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them click the Subscribe link from the email they would like to receive this newsletter Subscribe to Tivoli Workload Scheduler newsletter
The Tivoli Workload Scheduler Support Team!
Tivoli Workload Scheduler
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.