Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Tivoli Workload Scheduler Adminstrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Workload Scheduler (TWS) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your TWS software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Workload Scheduler On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Workload Scheduler allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for Workload Scheduler and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- IBM Support Assistant Lite for Workload Scheduler quickly collect diagnostic files so your problems can be solved faster.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Workload Scheduler Developer's corner
- Automatic management of trouble tickets for ended-in-error jobs.
- Dynamic provisioning of distributed resources to manage temporary or intermittent automation requests.
- Automatic discovery of IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler and the business impact in case of failure.
- Simplified configuration for Dynamic Agents over Internet (firewall friendliness).
- Increased speed in the Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console when searching for jobs, jobstreams, and workstations.
- Enhanced flexibility for the manipulation of the plan objects and during the creation of the plan (plan extension).
- Microsoft Windows scripting language support.
- Event rule enhancement.
- Streamlined Workload Application Template manipulations.
- Self-service monitoring and management dashboard available on mobile
We are pleased to announce the new release of TWS products!
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler V9.2 is already available!
It integrates with existing data center systems and cloud resources, with simplified integration between service management software, and delivers improved productivity for the day-by-day operations. It also enhances operational efficiency through mobile self-service dashboards and workload management capabilities.
Enhancements for IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler components apply to both IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler and IBM Workload Automation.
Features that can help improve productivity by simplifying the collaboration with other tools include:
Enhanced features that can help simplify the day-by-day operations include:
Mobile features that enhance operations:
Beta Version of the product is available to any and all interested customers. This beta release is being made available to allow a broad user base to become familiar with the new release, and provide feedback and validation on the product improvements and code quality. If you are a user of TWA, here's a great opportunity to help us make the next release the best ever.
What's new in the TWA Beta for the Next Release?
This beta program features the following new functions:
Simplified acquisition and onboarding without sacrificing end user control
Reduce CapEx and OpEx exploiting Cloud elastic scaling of IT
Allocate/de-allocate a full HW/SW stack to accommodate business needs
Enhance mobile workload automation monitoring and management capabilities
Simplified application of capability with attractive look and feel on mobile devices
Greater autonomy for operations and LOB users
Simplified software delivery lifecycle
Adherence to Open Standard Collaboration Lifecycle
Save time and money integrating TWS with other software tools
Eliminate glue coding in common solutions
End to end workload automation
There are more details inside the official Beta Program Read me.
How to report a problem?
1) Join the official Tivoli Workload Automation - Development Collaboration Community
If you are not already a member of this community, please send an email to email@example.com
2) Start a topic in the Message Board using as subject Beta <short description>
3) Describe your problem/doubts/opinion/etc
Please continue to visit the TWA Development Collaboration Community where the IBM TWS team will upload new material to deploy and configure TWS features!
Flash and News documents for Workload Scheduler
IBM Education Assistant video training for Tivoli Workload Scheduler released
Tivoli Workload Scheduler Support Landing Page - Tivoli Workload Scheduler Support Landing Page - This is a page dedicated to Tivoli Workload Scheduler support where you can find more information related to Tivoli Workload Scheduler and quickly perform searches on subjects that are commonly asked about by our clients.
Technote and FAQ documents for Workload Scheduler
Event-driven notify not working on HP-UX FTAs
JSC or TDWC connection to MDM fails with AWSJCO005E error after 12/10/2013
TWS 9.1 Engine Installation : Installing with Non Domain Administrator user
AWSJCL054E - TWS error - SWITCHPLAN hangs in EXEC state
INSTALLATION FAILS WITH MISSING MSVCR71.DLL
Alternate installation method for TWS for Applications
Time zone priority if job or job stream's TZ is different than the CPUs
ssmagent core dumps on Solaris 10
Event-driven notify not working on HP-UX FTAs
TWS security file resolution
Startmon and stopmon commands in TWS v8.4
AWSDCJ010E and AWSEDW026E errors starting netman
APAR documents for Workload Scheduler
IV55471: TDWC 850 fixpack 04 show error in french / japanes browser
IV55604: Unable to install on windows into a path containing one or more space characters
IV55559: TDWC: job time restriciton shifted one day back
IV55638: Error during checksync - planman resync
IV55413: Unable to add the java runtime plug-ins to static zcentric agent
IV55242: Direct query on jobs returns "internal error" if the filter has more then 16 chars
IV55052: Error "eqqa637e the name of the dataset is invalid"in tdwc twsz interface
IV54973: Serviceability improvement in planman unlock
IV55012: Extra commas in upgrade_any_addcols.sql cause scripts dbmigrate.sh and dbupgrade.sh to fail with syntax error
IV55237: Job rerun succ however its stream stays in ready
Download and Fixes documents for Workload Scheduler
- Fixes by version for Workload Scheduler - This document points to the fixes by version for the TWS product.
- Fix Central for Workload Scheduler - Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
- Recommended fixes for Workload Scheduler and TDWC - A comprehensive list of recommended, generally available fixes.
- APAR notification page - Contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
Tivoli Workload Scheduler, version 9.2 - AIX
Dynamic Workload Console, version 9.2 - AIX
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS Agent, version 9.2 - AIX
Tivoli Workload Scheduler, version 9.2 - IBM i
Tivoli Workload Scheduler, version 9.2 - Windows
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS Agent, version 9.2 - Windows
Tivoli Workload Scheduler, version 9.2 - Linux
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS Agent, version 9.2 - Solaris
Dynamic Workload Console, version 9.2 - Windows
Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS Agent, version 9.2 - IBM i
- Workload Automation (Youtube) training modules - Check out the available training videos for your Workload Scheduler software.
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Workload Scheduler - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Featured Documents for Workload Scheduler - This list features the documents most frequently requested by our customers.
- Tivoli Workload Scheduler - Detailed System Requirements
- TWS 8.6 Trouble Shooting Guide (Updated) - This guide provides information for troubleshooting TWS 8.6 and its components.
- TWS 8.6 Planning and Installation Guide - This guide provides information for planning, installing, migrating, and configuring an TWS network and is intended for administrators and system architects.
- TWS Other Troubleshooting Guides (v8.3 - 8.6) - This document contains general troubleshooting guidance for TWS.
- Procedure and best practices to upgrade V8.3 or V8.4 to V8.5.1 or V8.6 This document contains TDWC Installation/Upgrade known solutions and TWS Installation known issues and solutions.
- Workload Scheduler Documentation Central - This page includes various documentation links.
- Workload Scheduler for Applications Information Center - This page includes various documentation links.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Process Automation community - Connect, learn, and share with the Process Automation experts.
- Workload Automation Forum - This forum is for technical discussion focused on IBM Workload Automation products to share product knowledge and experience.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them click the Subscribe link from the email they would like to receive this newsletter Subscribe to Tivoli Workload Scheduler newsletter or bookmark this on-line link Workload Scheduler Newsletter.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them
The C&SI Workload Scheduler Support Team!
Tivoli Workload Scheduler
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler