Client self assist - Technical Support Information for Tivoli Workload Scheduler Adminstrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Workload Scheduler (TWS) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your TWS software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Workload Scheduler On-line Self-Help Resources:
- The Support Portal for Workload Scheduler allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Subscribe to My Notifications for Workload Scheduler and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- IBM Support Assistant Lite for Workload Scheduler quickly collect diagnostic files so your problems can be solved faster.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
Workload Scheduler Corner
Time for Workload Scheduler default certification is coming !
Workload Scheduler default certificates expire on 10 February 2014 but they need to be renewed before 10 December 2013 !
Tivoli Workload Scheduler uses by default the SSL protocol in some of its communications. It also provides default certificates to manage the SSL protocol. If you do not complete the steps listed in this Alert these communications will be broken after December 10 2013
If you do not customize SSL communication with your own certificates, Tivoli Workload Scheduler uses the default certificates that are stored in the default directories to communicate in SSL mode.
IBM team published the following Alert for TWSd and TWSz Customers:
Workload Scheduler - default certificates need to be renewed before December 10, 2013
Workload Scheduler for z/OS - default certificates need to be renewed before December 10, 2013
Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.6.0 Fixpack 3 and Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console 8.6.0 Fixpack 3 and Tivoli Workload Scheduler zOS Connector 8.6.0 Fixpack 3 are available as of the end of November , 2013 and can be down loaded from Fix Central.
The fixpacks can be found by accessing the Fix Central section of the Tivoli Workload Scheduler.
Please note that you can download the fixpack for Tivoli Dynamic Workload Console also selecting Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS as Product.
Beta Version of the product is available to any and all interested customers. This beta release is being made available to allow a broad user base to become familiar with the new release, and provide feedback and validation on the product improvements and code quality. If you are a user of TWA, here's a great opportunity to help us make the next release the best ever.
What's new in the TWA Beta for the Next Release?
This beta program features the following new functions:
Simplified acquisition and onboarding without sacrificing end user control
Reduce CapEx and OpEx exploiting Cloud elastic scaling of IT
Allocate/de-allocate a full HW/SW stack to accommodate business needs
Enhance mobile workload automation monitoring and management capabilities
Simplified application of capability with attractive look and feel on mobile devices
Greater autonomy for operations and LOB users
Simplified software delivery lifecycle
Adherence to Open Standard Collaboration Lifecycle
Save time and money integrating TWS with other software tools
Eliminate glue coding in common solutions
End to end workload automation
There are more details inside the official Beta Program Read me.
How to report a problem?
1) Join the official Tivoli Workload Automation - Development Collaboration Community
If you are not already a member of this community, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Start a topic in the Message Board using as subject Beta <short description>
3) Describe your problem/doubts/opinion/etc
Please continue to visit the TWA Development Collaboration Community where the IBM TWS team will upload new material to deploy and configure TWS features!
Flash and News documents for Workload Scheduler
Security Bulletin: Tivoli Workload Scheduler Distributed and Tivoli Workload Scheduler for z/OS Connector Java API Documentation Frame Injection Vulnerability (CVE-2013-1571)
Tivoli Workload Scheduler default certificates need to be renewed before December 10 2013
Workload Scheduler - default certificates expire on 10 February 2014
Technote and FAQ documents for Workload Scheduler
Changing hostname for TWS installation
TWS Jobs failing on Windows workstation
How to check the SSL certificate expiration date.
Missing navigation panels from the main page
TWS Recovery procedure from the December 10, 2013 when TWS default certificates will be automatic renewed.
Use of "$1", "eval $1", or "exec $1" in ".jobmanrc"
Composer "add" fails for calendars, prompts, parms, or resources.
CMW3202E Command failed. RC: 35 error during reinstall of TWS v8.5
AWSJIS038E An internal error has occurred: libatrc.so
DISSE0020E error received when JRE142_HP.SPB not found
SSM agent core dumps on Solaris 10
File access permission messages running "planman showinfo" as non-twsuser
APAR documents for Workload Scheduler
IV47947: Non-editable dynamic agent is created when applying tws 8.6 fp02
IV52564: Tivoli Workload Scheduler v8.6.0.02 jobmanrc.cmd file does not set user's variables on windows when launching jobs.
IV50649: Monman does not report a valid message in case ssmagent service return error.
IV52573: awsjsy504e a null value was specified for object "job stream database identifier" error encountered resubmitting job stream
IV52578: SSC setting ia of gmt to demand-in applications in the TWSz Workload Scheduler current plan
IV50484: Datecalc placeholder does not run in sap extended variant
IV52445: Nullpointerexception and classcastexception reported in TDWC logs when using direct query
IV52319: Recoveryprocedure for symphony corruption requires ewas up doc change
IV50164: Jobmanager can not create jm joblog folder, while many jobs run in parallel
IV52133: Enhance tws api for managing specific symphony corruption issues(incorrect dependencies)
Download and Fixes documents for Workload Scheduler
- Fixes by version for Workload Scheduler - This document points to the fixes by version for the TWS product.
- Fix Central for Workload Scheduler - Tool to help you search fixes for your specific product.
- Recommended fixes for Workload Scheduler and TDWC - A comprehensive list of recommended, generally available fixes.
- APAR notification page - Contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
TWS Installation Checker Tool v. 1.1 - This tool is use to help you check if a TWS v8.5.1 FP04, v8.5.1 FP03, v8.6, v8.6 FP01 or Dynamic Workload Console (TDWC) v8.6 installation can be considered complete and successful or not.
- Workload Automation (Youtube) training modules - Check out the available training videos for your Workload Scheduler software.
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Workload Scheduler - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available.
18 Sep 2013 - TWS default certificates must be renewed by December 10, 2013: Instructions on how to renew certificates
12 April 2013 - Workload Scheduler - SSL default certificates expire on February 10, 2014 [Session 2]
17 April 2013 - Workload Scheduler for z/OS - SSL certificates expires on February 2014: Procedure how to renewal
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals and get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
Other Problem Solving Resources
- Featured Documents for Workload Scheduler - This list features the documents most frequently requested by our customers.
- TWS 8.6 Trouble Shooting Guide (Updated) - This guide provides information for troubleshooting TWS 8.6 and its components.
- TWS 8.6 Planning and Installation Guide - This guide provides information for planning, installing, migrating, and configuring an TWS network and is intended for administrators and system architects.
- TWS Other Troubleshooting Guides (v8.3 - 8.6) - This document contains general troubleshooting guidance for TWS.
- Procedure and best practices to upgrade V8.3 or V8.4 to V8.5.1 or V8.6 This document contains TDWC Installation/Upgrade known solutions and TWS Installation known issues and solutions.
- Workload Scheduler Documentation Central - This page includes various documentation links.
- Workload Scheduler for Applications Information Center - This page includes various documentation links.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them click the Subscribe link from the email they would like to receive this newsletter Subscribe to Tivoli Workload Scheduler newsletter or bookmark this on-line link Workload Scheduler Newsletter.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them
The C&SI Workload Scheduler Support Team!
Tivoli Workload Scheduler
IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler