This list features frequently requested documents as well as those identified as valuable in helping answer your questions related to IBM Lotus Quickr for Domino. The list will be updated periodically to reflect new trends and issues.
This list reflects a small portion of our knowledge base. If your problem or question is not featured here, perform a keyword search on the Lotus Quickr for Domino support page to find any relevant documents. If you need more help, you can review the Lotus Quickr forum, or review the IBM Software Support Handbook for additional support options.
- Recent favorites
- Continual favorites
- Training and certification
- Electronic support resources
At IBM Connect 2013, IBM previewed the next evolution of our social content management solution. For our IBM Quickr for WebSphere Portal and Quickr for Domino customers, IBM Connections Content Manager is the next step on their social business journey. Customers can choose to take this step or to stay on their familiar Quickr environment. Read more about your choices in IBM's Social Content Management Evolution.
Learning resources for Connections Content Manager
Review these resources to learn about Connections Content Manager to help you make your plans.
- IBM Connections 4.5 Reviewer’s Guide
- Watch a demonstration of Using Libraries in IBM Connections 4.5, then visit IBM Greenhouse for a demo environment of Connections 4.5 with Connections Content Manager, so you can use the product to gain a better understanding of it.
- Follow the product manager's blog, http://www.lbenitez.com, for announcements and other communications.
- Entitlement and licensing information can be found in Software Withdrawal ... Quickr for Domino. For additional questions, please consult your IBM sales representative.
The Quality survey for IBM Collaboration Solutions products, including IBM Lotus Quickr, gives you a chance to shape the future of IBM software. This survey is a way for you to give your feedback and influence change based on your experience with IBM products. The Quality survey allows you to share your opinion of the quality of the software deployed in your organization, with topics such as deployability, enablement, performance, serviceability, integration, ease of use, and more.
- Survey link: https://ibm.biz/BdxvZz
Lotus Quickr for Domino and Quickr Connectors not supported with Notes/Domino 9.0 (1627829)
As noted in the System Requirements, the supported version of Domino server for Lotus Quickr 8.5.1 for Domino is Domino 8.5.1 or Domino 8.5.3 at a minimum fix pack level.
Open Mic Webcast replay: Good practices for managing Quickr for Domino servers - 27 March 2013 [slides, audio, Q&A attached]
IBM hosted an Open Mic webcast with Development and Support Engineers on March 27, 2013. The topic was "Good practices for managing Quickr for Domino servers." The recording, slides, and Q&A are available for download.
"You are not authorized to perform this operation" when creating a place (1431624)
Place creation fails with the message "You are not authorized to peform this operation."
Quickr Connectors: Is there a way to reset settings for Quickr Connectors on users' machines? (1613159)
You can use an XML file to pre-configure Quickr Connectors in a manner to reset settings for Quickr Connectors for your users.
UNIDs in QuickPlace Links, URLs, and Documents (7003362)
This document provides an overview of how Universal IDs (UNIDs) are used in Lotus Quickr for Domino or Lotus QuickPlace links, URLs, and documents.
In Quickr, when should you use a Room and when should you use a Folder
This document helps Place Owners Administrators to make the choice between Room and Folders, It describes what each is in detail so the decision can be made easier.
Sample of APARs included in Fix Pack 38, released 18 April 2013:
LO72973: Mailed-in Documents with multiple attachments do not display correctly from the browser client
Fixed in Fix Pack 37 and later. To enable the fix, see the entry for DAMC92MNQV in "Additional Information for special fixes" section of the readme file included with the fix pack.
LO73914: The "What's New" page is blank, even when there is new or updated content after a room is created
Fixed in Fix Pack 37 and later. Prior to the fix, the What's New page in the browser UI would be blank after you created a room in a place.
LO73764: 'qptool changemember' clears the Policy assigned to a Place
Fixed in Fix Pack 38. Prior to the fix, a policy you created could be overwritten by the default policy when you ran 'qptool changemember.' A workaround is to manually reapply the policy.
Download Lotus Quickr Connectors HF15
The latest fix pack for the Lotus Quickr Connectors, HF15, was added to IBM Fix Central in April 2013.
- Latest fixes for Lotus Quickr 8.5.1 for Domino (4029024)
Recommended fixes to apply after an initial installation of Lotus Quickr for Domino.
- What are the supported upgrade paths for Lotus QuickPlace and Lotus Quickr? (1316190)
Provides information about the supported upgrade paths for Lotus QuickPlace and Lotus Quickr services for Lotus Domino.
- Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino not supported with Domino 8.5.2 (1445806)
The supported version of Domino for Lotus Quickr 8.5 is Lotus Domino 8.5.1 server at a minimum fix pack level as noted in the System Requirements.
- Differences between version 8.2 and 8.5 of Lotus Quickr for Domino
The change in user interface architecture from Lotus Quickr version 8.2 to version 8.5 has resulted in some less obvious changes to functionality.
- How to determine the version of Lotus Quickr being used (#1267401)
You can determine the version for Lotus Quickr by viewing the server console, log file, or using a Web browser.
- How to manually install or remove ActiveX upload control in QuickPlace/Quickr (#1154131)
What does ActiveX do for QuickPlace or Lotus Quickr? How can you manually install or remove it from your local machine?
- Lotus Quickr for Domino ActiveX Control Installation on Windows 7 with Non-Admin Rights (1610747)
The Lotus Quickr for Domino ActiveX control provides enhanced functionality for users interacting with Quickr, however installation of the ActiveX control requires Administrative access on Windows 7. For users without Administrative access, the ActiveX Installer Service (AXIS) can be leveraged via Group Policy to allow installation of ActiveX controls from pre-authorized sites.
- How to recreate the QuickPlace\quickplace or LotusQuickr\lotusquickr directory (#1187851)
There are numerous situations where the QuickPlace\quickplace directory must be deleted and re-created. If you believe one of the four databases in the QuickPlace\quickplace directory is corrupt, you can follow these steps to recreate it.
- Recreating Search.nsf for Lotus Quickr 8.2 and later (#1503603)
In a variety of cases, support may recommend the recreation of the Search.nsf to resolve issues relating to searching in a Lotus Quickr place.
- Submitting a copy of a place to IBM Support for troubleshooting (1222056)
This document contains instructions for creating a copy of a place and submitting it to IBM Support for troubleshooting and problem determination.
- "File could not be found" error when open Microsoft Office file through Connectors (#1370502)
You attempt to open a Microsoft Office file through Lotus Quickr Connectors and receive the following error message: "...[filename] could not be found." This error occurs if the path length is greater than either 218 or 255 characters."
- No e-mail notification for self-assigned tasks and meetings (#1377712)
If you assign a task in a Lotus Quickr place to yourself, or when you create a meeting, you do not receive an e-mail notification of these events.
- Uploading large files when using Lotus Quickr (#1304758)
How to allow for uploading large files when using the Lotus Quickr Web interface and the Lotus Quickr Connectors and how to troubleshoot issues uploading files with the Connectors
- Performance Tuning Guide: Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino
This document provides recommendations for performance tuning of IBM Lotus Quickr 8.5 for Domino based on the experience of the IBM Collaboration Solutions Performance team.
- Troubleshooting the IBM Lotus Quickr connectors
This article explains the IBM Lotus Quickr Connectors (with Quickr for Domino), especially focusing on how to debug and troubleshoot this feature of Lotus Quickr. Included are instructions to help customers understand what debug information and files to collect before contacting Support.
- Troubleshooting IBM Lotus Sametime and IBM Lotus Quickr integration issues
This white paper provides a step-by-step guide to isolating root causes of IBM Lotus Sametime and IBM Lotus Quickr services for Lotus Domino integration issues, including the configuration areas to check, for example, Domino Names.nsf, QPconfig.xml, STconfig.nsf, and firewall settings. In addition, we provide relevant debug parameters specific to hosting IBM Lotus Domino Servers, Quickr Servers, and Sametime Servers, to help pinpoint where Sametime and Quickr integration configuration fails.
- Collecting data for HTTP hang or performance issues on a Lotus Domino server (7010969)
To troubleshoot HTTP crash or hang issues for a Lotus Domino server, several files are necessary for investigation. Submitting the data from the same problem occurrence is key to finding the root cause and resolution. Gathering this data before contacting IBM Support will help you understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
|Training and certification|
IBM Software Services for Collaboration Education offers IBM Lotus Quickr training solutions designed to support your technology investment. Training technical users and end-users on the latest features and functionality helps to increase productivity. Earning Professional Certification credentials also translates into increased productivity. Train and get certified for the value it brings to you and your organization.
- Technical training for IBM Lotus Quickr
- IBM Lotus Quickr course catalog
- Multimedia Library end-user training for Quickr
- IBM Collaboration Solutions Education website
- IBM Certified Associate - Social Software and Unified Communications
|Electronic support resources|
|Lotus Quickr Resources||General Resources|
|Organizational Productivity- Portals & Collaboration||Lotus Quickr Connectors||Windows||8.5|