The IBM Support Assistant Workbench provides a tooling platform for you to easily download and use problem determination and analysis tools at no charge. This document explains how to download, install, and run problem determination tool add-ons.
To download, install, and run problem determination tools from the IBM Support Assistant Workbench, follow these simple steps:
Download and Install the Tools:
- If you don't already have the Support Assistant Workbench, download and install the IBM Support Assistant Workbench.
- From the Support Assistant Workbench, click Update > Find New... > Tools Add-ons.
- In the window that pops up, select the tools that you would like to install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. When the installation has completed, the Workbench will restart.
Run the Tools:
- Start the IBM Support Assistant Workbench.
- From the Welcome page, click Analyze Problem.
- On the "Analyze Problem" tab, select Tools. You will see a list of all the installed tools.
- Select the tool you would like to run and click Launch to run the tool.
If you can't reach the IBM hosted ISA update site, then you can install a snapshot of it within your intranet. See "Local update site for IBM Support Assistant 4.1 workbench" for more information.
Learn about IBM Support Assistant 5 here.