The IBM Support Assistant Workbench provides a tooling platform for you to easily download and use problem determination and analysis tools at no charge. This document explains how to download, install, and run problem determination tool add-ons.
To download, install, and run problem determination tools from the IBM Support Assistant Workbench, follow these simple steps:
Download and Install the Tools:
- If you don't already have the Support Assistant Workbench, download and install the IBM Support Assistant Workbench.
- From the Support Assistant Workbench, click Update > Find New... > Tools Add-ons.
- In the window that pops up, select the tools that you would like to install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. When the installation has completed, the Workbench will restart.
Run the Tools:
- Start the IBM Support Assistant Workbench.
- From the Welcome page, click Analyze Problem.
- On the "Analyze Problem" tab, select Tools. You will see a list of all the installed tools.
- Select the tool you would like to run and click Launch to run the tool.
Learn about IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Beta 2 here.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.