Client self assist - Technical Support Information for TSM Distributed Administrators
Welcome to the Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your TSM software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Your opinions matter and we would really appreciate your feedback on a consideration of change of delivery process.
We are considering sun-setting this email delivery process for our Support Technical Newsletters. (Note: This Newsletter will continue to be updated monthly)
There are two other options currently available:
1. Utilize our on-line Support application called "My Notifications", which allows anyone to subscribe to the on-line edition of the TSM Newsletter as well as other personalized product content, and updates can be emailed to you based on your frequency choice.
2. Bookmark the TSM Newsletter on-line edition to reference this technical content at any time.
Please respond and let us know which method of delivery you prefer. Based on your feedback we will make a final determination to continue or sun-set this process.
Click here - if you prefer to continue receiving these emails via this delivery process OR Click here - if you prefer using either "My Notifications" and/or "Bookmark" the on-line version.
Tivoli Newsletter Program Administrator
Tivoli Storage Manager On-Line Self-Help Resources:
- Support Portal for Tivoli Storage Manger allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Subscribe to My Notifications Tivoli Storage Manager and receive daily or weekly announcements through e-mail, custom Web pages and RSS feeds.
- IBM Support Assistant (or ISA) for TSM Client 6.x & TSM Server 6.x - quickly collect diagnostic files so your problems can be solved faster.
- Tivoli Loves Your Feedback! - - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
News and Flash documents for Tivoli Storage Manager
Optimizing performance for servers and clients - This publication contains configuration best practices and guidelines and this edition applies to V6.4 and V6.3, and replaces previous editions of the Performance Tuning Guide.
TSM 5.5 and 6.1 EOS April 30, 2014
Technote and FAQ documents for Tivoli Storage Manager
File Versioning, File Retention and File Expiration Explained
Archive and active log directories are full and server will not start
Database size, database reorganization, and performance considerations for TSM Version 6 servers
Historical collection not working for reporting
ANR2983E Database backup terminated; sqlerrmc 168
ANR2983E Database backup terminated; sqlerrmc 409
Tivoli Storage Manager Server Crashes without apparent error
ANR2968E error with sqlcode -2033 and sqlerrmc -50 with backup db process
Sample SQL Select Statements
Basic troubleshooting steps for library and tape drives in Windows
Deployment recommendations for Tivoli Storage Manager V6 server
Synchronization of source and target replication server after role change
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Server/Client Compatibility and Upgrade Considerations
Did this month's information help to resolve or prevent any technical issues? Please Select Here >>> Yes or No
Download and Fixes documents for Tivoli Storage Manager
- Latest TSM Server and Client Downloads - Fix Packs and Interim Fixes - This page has the server and client download links to the latest fix packs and interim fixes by version.
- Recommendations for TSM Client and Server Fixes - This document answers the frequently asked question, what product version does IBM recommend?
- Tivoli APAR notification page - Contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Tivoli Storage Manager - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available..
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash modules for Tivoli Storage Manager - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your TSM software.
09 May 2013 - Protecting your GPFS data with Tivoli Storage Manager
23 April 2013 - Tivoli Storage Manager: Using Windows Tools for Performance Tuning
02 April 2013 - Tivoli Storage Manager: Using AIX Tools for Perfomance Tuning
Problem-Solving Resources On-line
- Problem-Solving Resources On-line for TSM Administrators - A compiled list of URL's from our technical support team containing documents to aid you in your system administration of TSM.
- Collecting Data: Read First for TSM Products - For every problem, collecting data can aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
- Collecting Data for Tivoli Storage Manager: Server Database Reorganization - If you are experiencing difficulties with server initiated reorganization, follow these instructions.
- Tivoli Storage Manager Version Information Center - Find information about installing, configuring, maintaining, and using TSM v6.1.
- Tivoli Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
- Previous Month Newsletter - TSM Customer Support Technical Newsletter - Self help client assist Technical Support Information for TSM Distributed Administrators.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals in Service Management Connect. Get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Tivoli Storage Manager Wiki - Tivoli Wikis provide you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global Tivoli User Community - The Global Tivoli User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of Tivoli professionals in the world.
- Tivoli RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them click the Subscribe link from the email they would like to receive this newsletter Subscribe Tivoli Storage Manager newsletter
The IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Support Team!
Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.