Client self assist - Technical Support Information for TSM Distributed Administrators
Welcome to the IBM Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure's (C&SI) Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) technical support information update. This communication is designed to help you derive maximum value from your TSM software by providing the most up-to-date technical information, answers to frequently asked questions, and links to other key information. Please take a moment to read through the materials provided below. We are confident that you will find these resources helpful and informative.
Tivoli Storage Manager On-Line Self-Help Resources:
- Support Portal for Tivoli Storage Manger allows you to find technical content, answers, solutions and much more.
- Enhanced Customer Data Repository (ECuRep) - is a secure and fully supported data repository with problem determination tools and functions. It updates problem management records (PMR) and maintains full data life cycle management.
- Tivoli Storage Manager Version Documentation Central - Find information about installing, configuring, maintaining, and using TSM.
- IBM Support Assistant (or ISA) for TSM Client 6.x & TSM Server 6.x - quickly collect diagnostic files so your problems can be solved faster.
- C&SI Loves Your Feedback! - Help us serve you better by sharing your feedback!
Keep up-to-date with IBM Electronic Support through these social media channels:
Twitter | Facebook | IBM Electronic Support Community Blog | YouTube | LinkedIn
News and Flash documents for Tivoli Storage Manager
Data integrity problem running RECONCILE VOLUMES with backup operations
Tivoli Storage Manager server upgrade or installation takes a long time to complete
TSM 5.5 and 6.1 EOS April 30, 2014
YouTube video: The link for the IBM TSM for Virtual Environments - Installation and Configuration video
Technote and FAQ documents for Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) guest support for Virtual Machines and Virtualization
Database size, database reorganization, and performance considerations for TSM V6 and V7 servers
ANR0106E bfcreate.c(xxxx): Unexpected error 2 fetching row
'QE-DEF-0285 The logon failed' message when generating reports
ANR1104E NAS Backup terminated NAS datamover reported NDMP session errors
ANS1626E Snapshot differential backup fails with error 13001
SPOKE server may result in "unavailable" status on Operations Center
Prompting of password when using client encryption
dsmserv high CPU utilization on RedHat system
Tivoli Storage Manager server component upgrade may fail at DE stage
Restore db access is denied ANR2972E
Deployment recommendations for Tivoli Storage Manager V6 server
ANR0162W SQL5099N and -5099:SQLSTATE 08004 during server startup
Importing an external SSL certificate into Administration Center v6.3
Determining how long DB2 crash recovery will take
Defining server to server communication using virtual volumes
Creating a restricted Windows user account for ODBC access
Download and Fixes documents for Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) client 6.4.1 Downloads and READMEs
Tivoli User's Group TSM Library -
Introduction to TSM Operations Center
TSM for Virtual Environments, 6.4
The Storage Manager's Guide to Improving Backup and Recovery Reporting
- Latest TSM Server and Client Downloads - Fix Packs and Interim Fixes - This page has the server and client download links to the latest fix packs and interim fixes by version.
- Recommendations for TSM Client and Server Fixes - This document answers the frequently asked question, what product version does IBM recommend?
- APAR notification page - Contains a list of some open or recently closed APARs that may impact you.
- IBM TSM 6.4.1 Operations Center Technical Video - 10 Minute Description of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center. This video provides a short introduction and technical overview of the TSM Operations Center management application.
- Upgrading Tivoli Storage Manager 5.5 to 6.3.4
- Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center walk through
Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center V6.4.1 Frequently Asked Questions - The Operations Center is IBM’s next-generation graphical user interface for Tivoli Storage Manager. It provides advanced end-to-end visibility of the entire backup environment. Over time, IBM plans to add control and automation capabilities, which will dramatically simplify daily management and operational tasks for a wide range of users. The following are frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Operations Center that will help you plan for, deploy, and use this new interface.
Click here for more information on I BM Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments
TSM for Virtual Environments - Nondisruptive backup and instant recovery: Simplified and streamlined
Optimizing performance for servers and clients - This publication contains configuration best practices and guidelines and this edition applies to V6.4 and V6.3, and replaces previous editions of the Performance Tuning Guide.
Youtube training modules -
- Support Technical Exchange training events for Tivoli Storage Manager - This is where you can find new or previous technical training events that are available..
- IBM Education Assistant complimentary flash modules for Tivoli Storage Manager - Short technical training modules to help with the administration of your TSM software.
- YouTube videos: This link is for a play list of TSM Storage portfolio related videos including the new videos
Problem-Solving Resources On-line
- Problem-Solving Resources On-line for TSM Administrators - A compiled list of URL's from our technical support team containing documents to aid you in your system administration of TSM.
- Collecting Data: Read First for TSM Products - For every problem, collecting data can aid in problem determination and save time resolving Problem Management Records (PMRs).
- Collecting Data for Tivoli Storage Manager: Server Database Reorganization - If you are experiencing difficulties with server initiated reorganization, follow these instructions.
- TSM Server/Client Compatibility and Upgrade Considerations - The functionality in the lowest version and release is supported in that compatible combination, for as long as the lowest version and release is in regular support.
- TSM Server/Client Compatibility and Upgrade Considerations
- Optimizing performance for servers and clients - This publication contains configuration best practices and guidelines and this edition applies to V6.4 and V6.3, and replaces previous editions of the Performance Tuning Guide.Tivoli Storage Manager Version Information Center - Find information about installing, configuring, maintaining, and using TSM v6.1.
- Support - Pro-active and Security Vulnerability Notification - IBM remains committed to ensuring our customers are successful with the IBM software portfolio. With the increased concern regarding software vulnerability and other significant issues.
- Software product compatibility reports - Reports about compatible software combinations.
- IBM Software Accelerated Value Program - Delivers a pro-active, cost-reducing, and productivity enhancing advisory service.
IBM Electronic Support - Has a portfolio of on-line tools and resources to guide you through the process and to provide important diagnostic data so IBM can help you [Find information; Prevent problems; Troubleshoot; Download fixes & updates] to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- Electronic Entry of Software Service Requests (SR) - Click here to see more details about this streamlined problem submission process to open a problem on-line with IBM Support.
- IBM Assist On-site - Live remote assistance tool allows IBM Support to securely view and share control of your desktop to help speed up the problem determination, collection of data, and ultimately help resolve complex issues.
Support Center Hours and Your IBM Customer Number
When you open a Service Request, our IBM Software Support Teams are committed to responding promptly. Your IBM Customer Number is associated with the country where your product is licensed and/or your contract is registered. IBM Support Center hours cover the prevailing business hours defined in those countries. Please keep this in mind if your operations or help desk personnel are working in another time zone.
Click Here for the complete version of the Previous Month's Tivoli Storage Manager Technical Newsletter Edition
Technical Community Forums and Wikis
- Service Management Connect - Connect, learn, and share with Integrated Service Management (ISM) professionals in Service Management Connect. Get access to developers and technical experts who provide their perspectives and expertise to help you implement ISM solutions.
- Tivoli Storage Manager Wiki - This Wiki provides you with best practices and scenarios for using the product.
- Welcome to the Global C&SI User Community - The Global C&SI User Community is the largest on-line and off-line organization of professionals in the world.
- C&SI RFE Community - You can collaborate with development teams and other product users regarding product requests for enhancements topics.
- RFE Frequently Asked Questions - Provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding the RFE process and the RFE community.
If you have peers or co-workers that my benefit from these newsletters, please have them click the Subscribe link from the email they would like to receive this newsletter Subscribe Tivoli Storage Manager Newsletter
The C&SI Tivoli Storage Manager Support Team!
Tivoli Storage Manager
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
Tivoli Storage Manager