Use the Quick Start Guide to install IBM® Lotus® Web Content Management. This guide is intended to get you started with a quick installation of WebSphere® Portal and Lotus Web Content Management.
IBM WebSphere(R) Portal is an enterprise portal solution with the complete portal services that are necessary to deliver a single point of personalized interaction to applications, content, business processes, and people for a unified user experience. IBM Lotus Web Content Management(TM) is a powerful and sophisticated browser-based application designed to accelerate the creation, maintenance and delivery of critical business content across intranet, extranet, internet and portal sites.
Product software can be accessed from CD or from e-image, both available from Passport Advantage. If you download your product from Passport Advantage, follow the directions in the download document: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=688&uid=swg24018765 This product is available in several offerings. Review the International Program License Agreement for a complete list of the offerings and their respective entitlements.
Depending on the product offering you purchased, your product may include some or all of the following Other IBM Programs:
WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, WebSphere Process Server, DB2 Universal Database Enterprise Server Edition, Tivoli Directory Server, Lotus Web Content Management, WebSphere Portlet Factory, WebSphere Portlet Factory Designer, Lotus Domino Enterprise Server, Lotus Sametime, Lotus Quickr, OmniFind Enterprise Edition, Lotus Forms Viewer, Lotus Forms Server, and Lotus Forms Designer.
For complete documentation, including installation instructions, see the WebSphere Portal information center at http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wpdoc/v6r1m0/ .
See the detailed system requirements document at http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=688&uid=swg27007791
The following diagram demonstrates the base architecture of WebSphere Portal and Web Content Management.
Install WebSphere Portal and Web Content Management
Quick installation scenario: The Quick installation scenario provides step-by-step instructions to help you quickly install a basic working instance of WebSphere Portal and Web Content Management.
1. Choose one of the following options to start the installation program:
Use the appropriate Setup disc for your operating system.
- i5/OS: Insert the Setup disc and run install400.bat from the root directory on Windows or install.sh from the root directory in a QSH session of the i5/OS console.
- UNIX-based: Insert the Setup disc and run the ./install.sh command from the root directory of the CD.
- Windows: Insert the Setup disc into the CD-ROM drive and run the install.bat command from the root directory of the CD.
Access the appropriate downloaded product code for your operating system.
- i5/OS: Run install400.bat from the root directory of the Setup disc on Windows or install.sh from the root directory of the downloaded product in a QSH session of the i5/OS console.
- UNIX-based: Run the ./install.sh command from the root directory of the downloaded product.
- Windows: Run the install.bat command from the root directory of the downloaded product.
3. To verify that WebSphere Portal is running, open the following URL in a browser: hxxp://example.com:port_number/wps/portal, where example.com is the fully qualified host name of the machine that is running WebSphere Portal and port_number is the port number that is displayed on the confirmation panel. For example, hxxp://www.ibm.com:10040/wps/portal. To verify that Web Content Management is running, start your portal and click on the Web Content tab.
4. It is recommended that you install any manual fixes for WebSphere Application Server at this time. Refer to Supported hardware and software for manual fixes that should be applied.
For more information, see the following resources:
- WebSphere Portal Zone: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/zones/portal/
- Web Content Management Zone: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/lotus/products/webcontentmanagement/
- IBM Accelerators: http://www.ibm.com/software/lotus/portal/value/
- IBM Support: http://www.ibm.com/software/genservers/portal/support/
National language version: To obtain the Quick Start Guide in other languages, access the PDF files on the Quick Start CD or at http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=688&uid=swg27011987.
IBM WebSphere Portal Version 6.1 Licensed Materials - Property of IBM. (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 2000, 2008. All Rights Reserved. U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp. IBM, WebSphere, Lotus, OmniFind, Sametime, Quickr, DB2, Tivoli, i5/OS, and iSeries are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines in the US, other countries, or both. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other countries. Other company, product, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
The Quick Start Guide is available in these national language versions: