This document features the most requested documents as well as those identified as valuable in helping answer your questions related to WebSphere Service Registry and Repository. The list will be updated periodically to reflect new trends and issues.
he content below was sent in the Support Newsletter for WebSphere Service Registry and Repository on 07 March 2013. If you would like to subscribe, see the instructions in the IBM Support Newsletter Knowledge Collection.
This document contains links (URLs) to WebSphere Service Registry and Repository technical support documents and information that can help you get more value from your software. It is intended to help you to be proactive in your support and administration of WebSphere Service Registry and Repository. This document includes:
- Circular classification systems lead to a StackOverflowError
Either when using WSRR Studio or creating classification systems by hand it is possible to create an invalid circular hierarchy. However this classification system will load into WSRR without complaint. This causes a StackOverflowError. Moreover it is then impossible to activate another WSRR profile.
- Working with subscriptions in WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8
This article shows you how to use subscription objects and the notification service in WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.
- CWSAA0037W warnings can be ignored when WebSphere Service Registry and Repository is running with specific trace
On a fresly installed WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR) server, when a WSRR trace is enabled, CWSAA0037W warnings about duplicate JNDI names may be seen even though there are no abnormal bindings or behaviours. These warnings can be ignored.
- Querying and creating objects in WebSphere Service Registry and Repository using XPath and REST
This article shows you how to use the syntax and build the queries into your applications, and how to use REST to execute queries and create objects.
- Business Space access in federated repositories cannot be transferred
Access information will need to be recreated when migrating Business Space from one environment with a federated LDAP repository, to a different federated LDAP repository.
- SELinux enabled Redhat System may affect WebSphere Service Registry and Repository installation to complete
SELinux enabled on Redhat system will cause WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR) install to fail.
- How to make WebSphere Application Server Administrative Console display local language for WebSphere Service Registry and Repository?
As a WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR) user, how can I set WebSphere Application Server (WAS) administrative console display in local language?
- SOA governance using WebSphere DataPower and WebSphere Service Registry and Repository, Part 2: Authoring and enforcing custom policy vocabularies
Explains the use of custom policy vocabularies to deploy specific proxy processing patterns not covered by built-in policy domains.
- One stop shopping for WebSphere Service Registry and Repository Information
- Use Social Media Aggregator in Support Portal to see latest social media content
This short, 2+ minute video shows you how to see the latest social media content for your IBM products in the IBM Support Portal. It makes it easy to see the latest posts from Twitter, product forums, user groups, blogs, and wikis.
- IBM Electronic Support Newsletter is Out!
Subscribe to IBM Electronic Support News and stay up-to-date with IBM’s portfolio of on-line tools, tips, and resources to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- Recommended fixes for WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
This page provides links to the recommended maintenance packages available for IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.
WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V7.5.0 Fix Pack 3.
Installing Business Space powered by WebSphere: V184.108.40.206 Interim Fix 4
- Detailed System Requirements
A list that identifies the supported releases of WSRR from which you can select specific detailed system requirements.
System Requirements for IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8.0
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository Frequently Asked Questions
- Introducing the SOA Policy Pattern to create reusable policy patterns and to control your services
This article introduces the "SOA Policy Pattern" in which policies are authored, managed, enforced, and monitored using the specific combination of WebSphere Service Registry and Repository, WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances, and IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for SOA.
- See the new overview video for IBM Support Assistant Team Server!
IBM Support Assistant (ISA) 5.0 Team Server Beta 2 offers enhanced Java problem determination options. New automated data analysis options find symptoms and display solutions for each symptom. And now one person can download the ISA 5 Beta and others can just point their browsers to that instance,
- Sign up to help IBM shape the way that we deliver our technical information to you!
IBM plans to replace all documentation that is currently in our many Information Centers with one Knowledge Center. IBM would like you to participate in a beta program to test our new Knowledge Center site. Simply sign up by March 12th, spend as little as an hour with the software, and then fill out a single survey.
- IBM Electronic Support
IBM Electronic Support offers on-line support tools and resources to help you diagnose and resolve problems, and maintain your IBM products.
- IBM Software Support Lifecycle
Find detailed information about the available IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policies to help you realize the full value of your IBM software products.
- Library page
Information Centers and Product Documentation
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository Support Portal
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository Education
NEW Course for WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8.0
IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8.0 for Administrators (SPVC)
- Webcast replay A to Z of Installing WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
This session covers WebSphere Service Registry and Repository installation in details, starting from the basic single server install to the more advanced installation in a cluster topology. Advanced topics like silent install, response files and configuring remote databases are also covered.
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository Overview video
This explains what WSRR is and how it can benefit enterprises in simple non-technical language using easy to understand scenarios.
- Technical Exchange webcasts
Join us as technical experts share their knowledge and then answer your questions. Visit this site often to see upcoming topics.
- IBM Education Assistant modules for WebSphere products
IBM Education Assistant (IEA) is a collection of multimedia educational modules that help you better understand IBM software products and use them more effectively to meet your business requirements.
- IBM Software Redbooks
Hundreds of IBM Redbooks publications are available for downloading.
An IBM resource for developers and IT professionals.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.