This Web page features the most requested documents as well as those identified as valuable in helping answer your questions related to IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. The list will be updated periodically to reflect new trends and issues.
The content below was sent in the Support Newsletter for WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances on 07 March 2013. If you would like to subscribe, see the instructions in the IBM Support Newsletter Knowledge Collection.
This document contains links (URLs) to WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances technical support documents and information that can help you get more value from your software. It is intended to help you to be proactive in your support and administration of WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. This document includes:
- How to use "MAC Hardening" for Virtual MAC Takeover Standby Control
If using Virtual MAC Takeover implementation for Standby Control on IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances, the administrator may want to implement "MAC Hardening" if duplicate MAC addresses are occurring when the ACTIVE appliance has a warm restart.
- Reboot of the WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance virtual edition needed after disabling a feature
The virtual edition of the DataPower Appliance does not automatically reboot after booting a firmware image. Why is this?
- DataPower XDoS detection is not enforced when data is processed in pass-thru mode
Why is IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance 'Maximum Message Size' of Single Message XML Denial of Service (XDoS) Protection not enforced when using pass-thru mode?
- When the 'Attachment Byte Count Limit' was defined, why do I see in some cases SOAPFaults and in other cases connection resets with the same error code 0x00630004 if the message exceeds the defined limit?
This is due to the current design of the device. The DataPower SOA Appliance is optimized to not waste resources on bad transactions. If the full attachment can be buffered before DataPower notices the error (i.e. the attachment exceeding the size limit imposed by the attachment-byte-count setting) an error message will be logged and a SOAPFault will be sent to the client. However, if DataPower is still reading the attachment when the configured limit is reached, it will close/reset the connection rather than wasting time, CPU and memory reading it all in. For example: If the 'Attachment Byte Count Limit' is set to 100kb, a messages of ~105kb will generate a SOAPFault whereas a message of ~200kb will cause a connection reset. In either case the DataPower appliance will log an error message with error code below: "0x00630004 - An attachment exceeded the size limit imposed by attachment-byte-count."
- Configuring SSL Connection between ITCAM Agent and WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance
How do I configure an SSL connection between the ITCAM Agent and the DataPower appliance?
- Behavior of the Attachment Processing may Change When The Probe is Enabled on WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance
Why does the behavior of the Processing Policy change when the probe is enabled and the Attachment Byte Count Limit has been reached?
- Attachment Processing Errors on WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance
When setting the Attachment Byte Count Limit of a service, why does DataPower present the error code: 0x00030001 when an attachment is larger than the specified Attachment Byte Count Limit?
- WebSphere DataPower dp:parse() error message
A DataPower parse error message indicates that a request or response, or possibly a stylesheet has unexpected content.
- Changing the management port IP address on a IBM WebSphere DataPower Appliance M/T 9235, 7199, or 7198.
How do you change the management port IP address on a IBM WebSphere DataPower Appliance M/T 9235, 7199, or 7198?
- Unexpected schema validation error received using Validate action to validate SOAP body
When sending a request to a DataPower service that is defined with the XML or Non-XML request type, an unexpected schema validation error may occur when using the Validate action with SOAP Validation set to body,
- Top 5 Tweets for WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/IBMDataPower to receive timely updates
Gathering WebSphere DataPower CPU and memory information
Web Service Proxy ONLY works while probe is enabled on the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance
XML Capture will not capture invalid XML through a Web Service Proxy
Some Header values do not persist to the backend
Supported firmware versions and recommended upgrade levels for IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- Use Social Media Aggregator in Support Portal to see latest social media content
This short, 2+ minute video shows you how to see the latest social media content for your IBM products in the IBM Support Portal. It makes it easy to see the latest posts from Twitter, product forums, user groups, blogs, and wikis.
- IBM Electronic Support Newsletter is Out!
Subscribe to IBM Electronic Support News and stay up-to-date with IBM’s portfolio of on-line tools, tips, and resources to keep your systems, software, and applications running smoothly.
- WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances firmware fix packs are available for 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
Fix packs for WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance firmware versions are available
- Download WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance V184.108.40.206 firmware and client
Download the IBM WebSphere DataPower XC10 Appliance Version 2.1 Fix Pack 3 firmware upgrade. You can also download the client, which is required for the appliance to work.
- IBM WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45 and WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 Virtual Editions firmware version 220.127.116.11 now available
IBM WebSphere DataPower Service Gateway XG45 and WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI52 Virtual Editions firmware version 18.104.22.168 now available.
- IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Firmware Support Lifecycle
This document provides information on the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Firmware Support Lifecycle.
- TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS) option for IBM WebSphere DataPower XI52 Virtual Edition is now available
- Join the DataPower@IMPACT2013 networking user group on LinkedIn!
We have a new networking group for all users interested in DataPower & attending the IMPACT 2013 conference Apr 28-May 2 in Las Vegas. Network with DataPower customers, users, architects, product managers. Learn best practices with a secure Gateway for Mobile, Web App, API, B2B, Web Services. Network with others solving similar Security & Integration problems as you. We plan to make IMPACT 2013 highly useful for DataPower users with several ways for you to maximize your time there. With special access to the DataPower product team, deep-dive sessions, advance notice of customer sessions, hands-on labs, feedback sessions, social reception for DataPower users and much more. With over 125 members so far in just 3 weeks, join the group today and collaborate!
- Sign up to help IBM shape the way that we deliver our technical information to you!
IBM plans to replace all documentation that is currently in our many Information Centers with one Knowledge Center. IBM would like you to participate in a beta program to test our new Knowledge Center site. Simply sign up by March 12th, spend as little as an hour with the software, and then fill out a single survey.
- IBM Electronic Support
IBM Electronic Support offers on-line support tools and resources to help you diagnose and resolve problems, and maintain your IBM products.
- IBM Software Support Lifecycle
Find detailed information about the available IBM Software Support Lifecycle Policies to help you realize the full value of your IBM software products.
- WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliances firmware, documentation download
IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance firmware and documentation for firmware versions 5.0.0, 4.0.2, 4.0.1, 3.8.2, 3.8.1 and 3.8.0
- Setting up your IBM WebSphere DataPower Appliance M/T 9235, 7199, and 7198 - a series of technotes
To help you set up your IBM WebSphere DataPower Appliance M/T 9235, 7199, and 7198, we have published a series of technotes.
- Installation and Service Guide: Installing the Appliance or Removing and Replacing Parts provided by IBM Level 2 for IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA, Cast Iron, IBM WorkLoad Deployer, and XC10 Appliance: M/T 9235, 7198, 7199
Information on removing and replacing parts for these appliances when parts are provided by IBM WebSphere DataPower Support
- VE401 Accelerate, Secure and Integrate with WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances V5 - New (Remote Class)
- WE401 Accelerate, Secure and Integrate with WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances V5 - New
- This site contains a wealth of information on using the DataPower appliances.
- Blog: "XML Management sample requests"
- Technical Exchange webcasts
Join us as technical experts share their knowledge and then answer your questions. Visit this site often to see upcoming topics.
- IBM Education Assistant modules for WebSphere products
IBM Education Assistant (IEA) is a collection of multimedia educational modules that help you better understand IBM software products and use them more effectively to meet your business requirements.
- IBM Software Redbooks
Hundreds of IBM Redbooks publications are available for downloading.
An IBM resource for developers and IT professionals.
Original publication date
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.