Tutorial - Maintaining an ILE RPG application using Remote System Explorer
Upon completion of this tutorial you will know how to edit, compile and debug an RPG application from the Remote System Explorer. You will also know how to customize the Remote System Explorer.
This tutorial teaches you how to maintain a payroll application written in ILE RPG using the Remote System Explorer.
- Start the product and open the Remote System Explorer perspective
- Use tools and views in this perspective to connect to an iSeries® system
- Edit, verify, compile and debug a payroll application
- Customize Remote System Explorer
- Design screens and reports
- This tutorial should take approximately 180 minutes to finish. If you explore other concepts related to this tutorial, it could take longer to complete.
- Tutorial - rse.pdf (11,141 KB)
- Supporting work files - rselabxx.zip (420 KB)
|Software Development||WebSphere Development Studio for System i|
More support for:
WebSphere Development Studio Client for System i
Remote System Explorer
Software version: 7.0
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Reference #: 7009772
Modified date: 12 September 2011
Translate this page: