This list features the most requested documents as well as those identified as valuable in helping answer your questions related to IBM® Tivoli® Directory Server. The list will be updated periodically to reflect new trends and issues.
This note contains links (URLs) to IBM Tivoli Directory Server technical support documents and information that can help you get more value from your software. It is intended to help you to be proactive in your support and administration of LDAP.
Install and Config Documents
Proxy Server Documents
Self Help Resources
1. Corrections and Clarifications to IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.0 documentation
This technote contains corrections and clarifications to the IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.0 documentation.
2. Setting up LDAP 6.0 to use SSL using serverAuth
In setting up IBM Tivoli Directory Server 6.0 (LDAP), how does one configure the server to communicate via SSL?
3. Creating and configuring an instance in 6.0 on Linux
This technote includes an example of creating an instance in 6.0 on Linux.
4. IBMSLAPD server process starts in config mode after DB2 patch install.
ITDS ibmslapd server process comes up in configuration mode after applying db2 v8 fixpack
5. Setting up the Web Admin Tool in LDAP 6 to communicate via SSL
One option, when setting up the IBM Directory Server Web Administration Console, is to communicate with the Directory Server via an SSL secured connection. How can this be configured when the LDAP server is setup using SSL serverAuth?
6. SQL0101N error message appears in DB2CLI log
The following message shows up in your db2cli log file : native retcode = -101; state = "54001"; message = "[IBM][CLI D river][DB2/AIX64] SQL0101N The statement is too long or too complex. SQLSTATE= 54001
7. Password Policy Attributes
Provides additional explanation of the function of the different password policy attributes.
1. Problems with replication or modification of the CN=IBMPOLICIES subtree
This technote describes how to resolve problems that can occur with the CN=IBMPOLICIES subtree.
2. Suppressing replication objects when exporting to an ldif file
This technote shows how to export a subtree into ldif format without including the replication objects (which can cause cloned subtrees to become read-only in some situations)
3. Disabling Conflict Resolution
This technotes shows how to disable conflict resolution, a new feature in replication for ITDS 6.0
4. Configuring ITDS 6.0 Replication via command line
This STE shows how to configure replication via the command line tools.
5. Determining the status of replication using the command line client tools
This technote shows how to use the command line clients to get the status of replication queues.
6. Syncing data between two servers (running 6.0 or later)
Provides instructions for the completing the data sync process between two servers in a replication topology that have gotten out of sync
|Install and Config documents|
1. Introduction to 6.2 STE
This STE presentation covers the introduction to what's new in 6.2 and installing and configuring the product
2. Installation and configuring of ITDS V6.3
This STE presentation covers the installation and configuration of ITDS 6.3.
3. Creating an ITDS 6.0 instance on Linux
This technote shows a step-by-step procedure with screenshots for creating an ITDS instance on Linux
4. ITDS 6.1 Installation and Configuration STE
This STE provides details on installing and configuring ITDS 6.1 using the GUI installer and tools.
5. Install, Uninstall and Upgrade instructions for GSKit on Windows
This technote provides instructions for installing, uninstalling and upgrading GSKit on Windows.
6. Install, Uninstall and Upgrade Instructions for GSKit on AIX
This technote provides instructions for installing, uninstalling and upgrading GSKit on AIX.
7. Install, Uninstall and Upgrade Instructions for GSKit on HP-UX
This technote provides instructions for installing, uninstalling and upgrading GSKit on HP-UX.
8. Install, Uninstall and Upgrade Instructions for GSKit on Solaris
This technote provides instructions for installing, uninstalling and upgrading GSKit on Solaris.
9. Install, Uninstall and Upgrade Instructions for GSKit on Linux
This technote provides instructions for installing, uninstalling and upgrading GSKit on Linux.
1. STE: Migration to 6.3
This STE covers the migration to 6.3 from previous versions.
2. STE: Migration to 6.2
This STE covers the migration to ITDS 6.2
3. STE: Migration from 5.2 to 6.1
This STE shows how to migrate from 5.2 to 6.1.
4. ibmslapd doesn't start up after migration because of an existing table in DB2
After completing migration, and starting up ibmslapd, errors may occur because of errors in DB2.
5. Migration to Tivoli Directory Server V6.2, when the DB2 instance and database are already migrated
Tivoli Directory Server V6.2 provided idsimigr tool may not upgrade if the DB2 instance with pre-6.2 TDS instance is upgraded explicitly before idsimigr
1. Using SSL with ITDS 6.0
This STE shows how to configure and troubleshoot using SSL with the different ITDS 6.0 components.
2. Configuring ibmslapd to communicate over SSL
This technote shows how to configure ibmslapd to communicate over SSL.
3. Configuring webadmin to communicate over SSL
This technote shows how to configure webadmin to talk over SSL
4. Setting the SSL_TIMEOUT_MILLISEC environment variable
This technote includes directions for tuning the length of time before an SSL transaction will be timed out.
1. Configuring webadmin to communicate over SSL
This technote shows how to configure webadmin to talk over SSL
2. Installing webadmin into full WebSphere
This technote shows a simple example of installing webadmin into full Websphere
3. Determining the version of installed webadmin deployed into full WebSphere
This technote shows how to find which version of webadmin is deployed into full Websphere (since the deploy_IDSWebApp.* script doesn't work with full Websphere)
1. ITDS required regular maintenance
This technote describes the regular maintenance that must be performed in DB2 to maintain ITDS performance.
2. SQL to show the last time a runstats was run
This technote shows how to run DB2 SQL to show when the last time a db2 runstats was performed against our backend database.
3. Performance Tuning for IBM Tivoli Directory Server
This IBM Redbook provides a detailed look at tuning the IBM Tivoli Directory Server, with special focus on tuning DB2.
4. Message in ibmslapd.log indicates an attribute needs to be indexed
This technote describes a warning messages that can appear in the ibmslapd.log that indicates an attribute needs to be indexed, and how to index the attribute.
5. Performance Collecting Data document (Mustgather )
This Mustgather document shows what data to provide Support in the event of a performance issue.
6. Performance issue on AIX when IPv6 is enabled
This technote describes an issue that can occur when IPv6 is enabled on an AIX server.
7. Tuning SLAPD_OCHANDLERS to to handle more connections
Provides instructions and recommendations on increasing the value for SLAPD_OCHANDLERS to allow Windows ITDS servers to handle more simultaneous incoming connections.
|Proxy server documents|
1. Proxy Server doesn't support subtree based search for ibm-allGroups
This technote describes a limitation in current versions of the ITDS Proxy Server when attempting ibm-allGroups searches
2. Proxy Server support for back-leveled backend ITDS Servers
This technote describes how using back-leveled or mismatches versions of ITDS servers with the proxy server is not supported.
|General self-help resources|
Here are some other ways that you can access Directory Server self-help support information on the Web:
1. IBM Security Directory Server Support Page
Primary support resources for IBM Tivoli Directory Server
2. IBM Support Assistant (ISA)
Download the IBM Support Assistant (ISA), a free cross-product client application that increases your capacity for self-help.
3. IBM Software Support Lifecycle page
The IBM Software Support Lifecycle policy specifies the length of time support will be available for IBM software.
4. Software Product Compatibility Reports
Create reports of software and hardware detailed system requirements for your IBM products.