System Requirements for WebSphere MQ V6 HP-UX Itanium platform
This document contains system requirements for WebSphere MQ V6 HP-UX Itanium platform.
The System Requirements documented on this page are for the HP-UX Itanium platform. If you require support information about HP-UX on the PA-RISC platform please refer to the HP-UX PA-RISC platform System Requirements.
|Java™ and JMS Client||
|Databases||Where IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as the transaction manager.
|Transaction Manager||Where one of these products is acting as the transaction manager and IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as a resource manager, it's recommended that you contact the transaction manager vendor in the first instance for support.
|Cryptography Cards||Refer to the Cryptography Card List for WebSphere MQ v6 and v7 document for further information.|
- Only DB2 and Oracle are supported for JDBC/XA usage.
- On platforms where WebSphere MQ provides a 64-bit product, both 32-bit and 64-bit MQ APIs are supported and the OS must be capable of running 64-bit applications.
- On 64-bit platforms where WebSphere MQ provides both a 32-bit and a 64-bit product, there is NO migration path from V6 32-bit Queue Managers to V6 64-bit Queue Managers. Customers are strongly advised to install WebSphere MQ 64-bit products on 64-bit platforms as there is a migration path from V5 32-bit products to V6 64-bit products.
- The 'MQ Explorer' is not supported on this platform.
- Where higher levels of WAS V6 are suggested, this only includes V6.x levels and does not include other product versions.
- Only 64-bit DB2 instances can be used with 64-bit WebSphere MQ.
- WebSphere MQ 188.8.131.52 or later is required.
- For details of the Support Statement for JCA (on WebSphere MQ 184.108.40.206 or later only) please see here.
- WebSphere MQ 220.127.116.11 or later is required; also refer to Technote 1270591.
- WebSphere MQ 18.104.22.168 or later is required.
- Ensure that the latest BEA WebLogic SupportPac (SP) is installed; specifically, the following BEA WebLogic patches must be applied; CR249009, CR211194, CR243824, CR249009. Please contact BEA technical support if you need to acquire the patches.
- Defect support is available for virtualization environments where they relate to releases of this platform already supported by WebSphere MQ. Unless stated elsewhere in the system requirements, WebSphere MQ has not been specifically tested in virtualization environments. WebSphere MQ Support is therefore unable to assist in issues related to configuration and setup, or issues that are directly related to the virtualization environment itself.
- WebSphere MQ 22.214.171.124 or later is required; you must also install MA6P: WebSphere MQ – XA libraries for use with TXSeries 6.1/6.2 on HP-UX for IPF.
- The resiliency feature of TXSeries V6.1/V6.2 is not supported with WMQ v6. For more details, please refer to
XA Resiliency feature of TXSeries V6.1/V6.2 doesn't work with WMQ as RM.
- The use of the WebSphere MQ classes for JMS in EJBs and MDBs is fully supported. The WebSphere MQ base classes for Java are supported with restrictions - for more details see Using WebSphere MQ Java Interfaces in J2EE/JEE Environments.
- WebSphere MQ 126.96.36.199 or later is required.
- The Java Runtime Environment must be run with the following parameter set: -XX:+UseGetTimeOfDay
- WebSphere MQ 188.8.131.52 or later is required.
- Patches from HP must be applied depending on the operating system version being used:
- 26 October 2005: Published the page.
- 9 March 2005: Added support for BEA Tuxedo V8.1.
- 19 March 2005: Added support for BEA WebLogic Server V8.1.
- 2 May 2006: Added support for HP SDK V5.0.
- 2 June 2006: Added support for Oracle 10GR2.
- 24 January 2007: Added note 6.
- 7 February 2007: Added support for IBM DB2 Universal Database V9.1 (JDBC/XA not supported)
- 30 March 2007: Added note 8.
- 19 June 2007: Replaced IBM DB2 Universal Database V9.1 with IBM DB2 V9.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- 12 September 2007: Added support for HPUX 11i V3 for IPF (see note 9).
- 11 January 2008: Added support for Micro Focus Server Express V5.0 (COBOL).
- 11 February 2008: Added support HP JDK V5.0.
- 10 March 2008: Added BEA WebLogic 9.2 support.
- 10 March 2008: Added virtualization note.
- 3 April 2008: Added support for TXSeries V6.1 and V6.2.
- 10 July 2008: In the Transaction Manager section added the IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0.2 and V6.1 entries.
- 10 October 2008: Added Note 15.
- 6 November 2008: Added support for IBM WebSphere Application Server, including the WebSphere Application Server client container, V7.0.
- 13 November 2008: Added support for HP JDK 6.0.
- 22 December 2008: Added the Cryptography Cards section.
- 27 July 2009: Added the The Java Runtime Environment '-XX:+UseGetTimeOfDay' note to the Java section.
- 22 October 2009: Added support for Micro Focus Server Express V5.1 (COBOL).
- 26 August 2011: Removed redundant technote reference 1270583
- 21 Feb 2012: Broken link checker identified broken link in comment 26 Aug 11 removed.
- 1 March 2012: Hopefully removing all traces of 127053.
- 2 May 2013: Updating expiry dates now for service extensions.
- 15 October 2013: Added clarification to SOAP support section.
- 15 October: 2013: Corrected Added clarification to SOAP support section.
- 31 Jan 2014: Fixing broken link.
More support for:
Software version: 6.0
Operating system(s): HP-UX
Reference #: 7006792
Modified date: 22 January 2008