WebSphere MQ script generator for Q replication and event publishing
This page provides dynamic graphical checklists that you can use to set up WebSphere MQ objects such as queue managers, queues, and channels for Q replication or event publishing. The checklists show required WebSphere MQ objects and relationships. You can type object names in the fields and automatically generate MQSC setup scripts to run at each server, along with a customized procedure for running the scripts.
Dynamic checklists are provided for unidirectional, bidirectional, or peer-to-peer replication between two queue managers, and for event publishing between two queue managers or within the same queue manager.
You can use the checklists in several ways:
- Enter the names of WebSphere MQ objects for your replication or publishing configuration, then create and run MQSC setup scripts.
- Print out a completed checklist to share with a WebSphere MQ administrator.
- Print out the blank checklist and use it as a worksheet for planning.
You can click a button to fill in the fields with suggested names, as the figure below shows:
Figure 1. "Sample entries" button in dynamic checklist.
Adobe Reader version 5.1 or later, or Adobe Acrobat.
If you want to save your PDF forms, Adobe Acrobat is required.
The following steps are a suggested method for using the graphical checklists:
- In the table below, download the checklist for your Q replication or event publishing configuration.
- Enter names for queue managers, queues, channels, and other objects in the graphical fields. To view suggested naming conventions, click Sample entries.
- Move to the second page of the PDF file to view an MQSC setup script for creating the WebSphere MQ objects, along with a customized procedure for running the script. The page will prompt you if any of the missing required fields are not filled in.
- For remote configurations: Move to the third page to view the customized script and procedure for running at the second system in your configuration.
|Unidirectional replication with smart defaults|
|Bidirectional or peer-to-peer replication with smart defaults|
|Bidirectional or peer-to-peer replication|
|Event publishing (two queue managers)|
|Event publishing (one queue manager)|
- For more information on using MQSC commands, see the WebSphere MQ Information Center.
- For more information on WebSphere MQ objects required for Q replication and event publishing, see the DB2 Information Center or the Information Management Software for z/OS Solutions Information Center.
Original publication date
|Information Management||InfoSphere Data Event Publisher|
|Information Management||InfoSphere Data Event Publisher for z/OS|
More support for:
InfoSphere Replication Server
Software version: 9.1, 9.5, 9.7, 10.1
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 7006473
Modified date: 2011-01-24