This free tutorial will introduce you to the Lotus Domino Certification Authority (CA) process, which is used to manage and process certificate requests.
The Certification Authority (CA) process is a Lotus Domino server task that is used to manage and process certificate requests. The CA process runs as an automated process on Lotus Domino servers that are used to issue certificates. When you set up a Lotus Notes or Internet certifier, you link it to the CA process on the server in order to take advantage of CA process activities.
Benefits of using the CA process
- Does not require access to the Domino certifier ID and password
- Supports the Registration Authority (RA) role
- Provides a unified mechanism for issuing Lotus Notes and Internet certificates
- Simplifies the Internet certificate requests process
- Issues certificate revocation lists
- Creates and maintains the Issued Certificate List (ICL)
- Is compliant with security industry standards for Internet certificates, such as X.509 and PKIX
- Overview - The Domino Server-based Certification Authority
- Option One - Migrating a Domino certifier to the CA process
- Loading the CA process after Migration
- How to use the CA process to Register Users
- Common Errors that Occur using the CA process
- Option Two - Creating an Internet Certifier with the CA process
- Setting up the Certification Requests database
- Setting up the Key Ring and Merging the Internet Certificate
- Manually Processing Requests
- Configuring the HTTP Server for SSL
- Installing the Client Certificate for SSL
- Testing the Client Certificate
- Option Three - Migrating an R5 Internet Certifier to the CA process
- Option Four - Using the CA process with S/MIME
- Administration of the CA process
- Overview - Administration Roles
- CA Commands
- Adding Administrators to a Certificate
- Disabling a Certifier
- Enabling a Certifier
- Revoking a Certificate
- Removing a Certifier from the CA process
- Administration Tips
- Encrypting the Certifier ID
- Removing Passwords for Certifier Activation
- Renaming the ICL database
- Confirming a CRL has run using the CA process
- Confirming Certificate Revocation
- Creating a Local Copy of the Certifier ID
- Recovering a Certifier
This course is designed for Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino Administrators with access to a Notes 6.x client and Domino 6.x server.
- For assistance planning and deploying the next release of your Lotus software, visit Upgrade Central.
- Training & Certification - explore the education offerings and resources available for Lotus software. Access information on Lotus course offerings, certification programs, authorized training providers and special offers.
- Certification Page - learn about how IBM certification provides a way for skilled IT professionals to demonstrate expertise, validate skills and build proficiency in the latest Notes and Domino technology and solutions. Become a world-class resource to your colleagues and company.
- Domino SA Roadmaps - identify the skills you need, the corresponding training courses available and how certification fits within the overall roadmap. The roadmap walks you through a logical path to acquire the necessary system administration skills you need for your job role. Entry points into the roadmap take into account current skill levels.
- Lotus Education Worldwide Schedule - locate a schedule of instructor-led or distance learning classes on Domino System Administration or other Lotus technology, visit our Worldwide Schedule. You can search for a class at an authorized Education Center for IBM Software (ECIS) near you.
- Domino SA Certification - learn about the Domino SA Certification path and the resources available for preparing for each exam.
Original publication date