This document contains system requirements for WebSphere MQ for Linux for zSeries V5.3.
- Any Linux distribution running on Kernel 2.4 with glibc version 2.2.4 or later using LinuxThreads
- The WebSphere MQ installation uses Red Hat Package Manager, so this must also be present on the system.
- The Linux distributions, which have been tested, and which are known to meet the prerequisite levels are SLES 7, 31 bit and Redhat 7.2, 31 bit.
- The following Linux distributions which meet these prerequisite levels have also been tested with WebSphere MQ for Linux for zSeries, V5.3 with Fix Pack 9 applied: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0 AS/ES/WS (Update 1 or later), SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 8.0. Full details of support for these platforms are contained in the memo.ptf of Fix Pack 9 and later, and are also available from the following link: rhel3_sles8.zseries.readme.txt
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 9.0 has been tested with WebSphere MQ Linux for zSeries V5.3 with Fix Pack 11(CSD11) applied.
The following packages are also required for support of SSL channels
- Supported Cryptographic Hardware
- For cryptographic hardware supported at GA please refer to the WebSphere MQ documentation and readme. WebSphere MQ V5.3 running on Linux for zSeries now supports the zSeries PCI XCrypto Card (PCIXCC) card for asymmetric encryption. This is supported on RHEL 3 Update 3 and SLES8 kernel level 2.4.21-217.
||Where IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as the transaction manager - see note under Transaction Monitors.
- Non-Java applications using MQBEGIN or equivalent
- GNU C compiler (gcc) and (g++) V2.95.3 compilers
- IBM Developer Kit for Linux, V1.3.1
(Provided that the IBM Developer Kit for Linux, Java 2 Technology Edition for 31-bit zSeries 390), Version 1.3.1 plus the addition of IBM JSSE classfiles can be obtained as included within an alternate IBM product,, this is also a suitable environment under which SSL support using Java can be run with the exception of certificate checking against Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs) which requires full JDK implementation at V1.4.)
- IBM Linux Java SDK, V1.4
(IBM 31-bit SDK and Runtime for Linux on zSeries, Java 2 Technology Edition, Version 1.4.0 is required for SSL support using Java as it provides the necessary IBM JSSE classfiles.)
- IBM Developer Kit for Windows, Java 2 Technology Edition V5.0 (SR1 or above) [Only if the JDK is supplied with another IBM product]
||Where one of these transaction monitor products is acting as the transaction manager and IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as a resource manager, it is recommended that you contact the transaction monitor vendor in the first instance for support.
- WebSphere MQ V5.3 provides an extended transactional client for this platform.
- Where patches for a product are specified, this means that these patches were required to resolve problems found during testing and should therefore be considered as the minimum necessary maintenance level. Further maintenance should be applied in accordance with the guidance of the relevant software manufacturer.
Last updated: 2 December 2005
- 5 September 2005: Added support for SLES 9.
- 29 September 2005: Modified the page to point to the SLES 9 readme.
- 2 December 2005: Modifications to the format.
- 14 June 2007: Added IBM Java 5
- 22 November 2007: Renamed Transaction Monitors to Transaction Managers.
WebSphere MQ System requirements
Original publication date