System Requirements for WebSphere MQ V6.0 on HP-UX PA-RISC platform
This document contains system requirements for WebSphere MQ V6.0 on HP-UX PA-RISC platform.
The System Requirements documented on this page are for the HP-UX PA-RISC platform. If you require support information about HP-UX on the Itanium platform please refer to the HP-UX Itanium platform System Requirements.
|Java™ and JMS Client||
|Databases||Where IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as the transaction manager.
|Transaction Manager||Where one of these products is acting as the transaction manager and IBM WebSphere MQ is acting as a resource manager, it's recommended that you contact the transaction manager vendor in the first instance for support.
|Cryptography Cards||Refer to the Cryptography Card List for WebSphere MQ v6 and v7 document for further information.|
- For HP-UX 11i V1 (B11.11), only the PA-RISC 2.0 chipset systems will be supported.
- For Oracle 9i, Release 2 with Patch Set 4 (V184.108.40.206) patch 3501955 is required.
- Where higher levels of WebSphere Application Server V6 are suggested, this only includes V6.x levels and does not include other product versions.
- HP-UX (PA-RISC) with 64-bit hardware, 32-bit and 64-bit WebSphere MQ APIs are supported and the operating system must have a 64-bit kernel.
- On 64-bit platforms where WebSphere MQ provides both a 32-bit and a 64-bit product, there is NO migration path from V6 32-bit Queue Managers to V6 64-bit Queue Managers. Customers are strongly advised to install WebSphere MQ 64-bit products on 64-bit platforms as there is a migration path from V5 32-bit products to V6 64-bit products.
- The 'MQ Explorer' is not supported on this platform.
- Only DB2 and Oracle are supported for JDBC and XA usage.
- For details of the Support Statement for JCA (on WebSphere MQ V220.127.116.11 or later only) please see here.
- WebSphere MQ 18.104.22.168 or later is required; also refer to Technote 1270591.
- Defect support is available for virtualization environments where they relate to releases of this platform already supported by WebSphere MQ. Unless stated elsewhere in the system requirements, WebSphere MQ has not been specifically tested in virtualization environments. WebSphere MQ Support is therefore unable to assist in issues related to configuration and setup, or issues that are directly related to the virtualization environment itself.
- WebSphere MQ V22.214.171.124 or later is required.
- The resiliency feature of TXSeries V6.1/V6.2 is not supported with WMQ v6. For more details, please refer to
XA Resiliency feature of TXSeries V6.1/V6.2 doesn't work with WMQ as RM.
- The use of the WebSphere MQ classes for JMS in EJBs and MDBs is fully supported. The WebSphere MQ base classes for Java are supported with restrictions - for more details see Using WebSphere MQ Java Interfaces in J2EE/JEE Environments.
- WebSphere MQ 126.96.36.199 or later is required.
- The Java Runtime Environment must be run with the following parameter set: -XX:+UseGetTimeOfDay
- Patches from HP must be applied depending on the operating system version being used:
- HP-UX 11i V3 - patch is PHSS-37202 (see here)
- HP-UX 11i V2 - patch is PHSS-37201 (see here)
- HP-UX 11i V1 - patch is PHSS-35385 (see here)
- 27 July 2005: Changed Oracle 10g to Oracle 10g Release 1.
- 26 October 2005: Modifications to the format & minor clarifications.
- 2 May 2006: Added support for SDK V5.0.
- 2 June 2006: Added support for Oracle 10GR2.
- 28 June 2006: Added HP SNAplus2 Version 7 in Connectivity.
- 7 February 2007: Added support for IBM DB2 Universal Database V9.1 (JDBC/XA not supported).
- 30 March 2007: Added Note 9.
- 19 June 2007: Replaced IBM DB2 Universal Database V9.1 with IBM DB2 V9.1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
- 9 October 2007: Removed note 8.
- 21 November 2007: Added HP-UX 11i V3 (11.31) (see note 9) and note 9.
- 18 December 2007: Added Micro Focus Server Express V5.0 (COBOL).
- 10 March 2008: Added virtualization note.
- 3 April 2008: Added support for TXSeries V6.1 and V6.2.
- 30 April 2008: Clarified SSL support is not available with JDK 1.3.1.
- 10 July 2008: In the Transaction Manager section added the IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0.2 and V6.1 entries.
- 10 October 2003: Added note 13.
- 6 November 2008: Added support for IBM WebSphere Application Server, including the WebSphere Application Server client container, V7.0.
- 13 November 2008: Added support for HP JDK V6.0.
- 22 December 2008: Added the Cryptography Cards section.
- 27 July 2009: Added the The Java Runtime Environment '-XX:+UseGetTimeOfDay' note to the Java section.
- 22 October 2009: Added support for Micro Focus Server Express V5.1 (COBOL).
- 26 August 2011: Removed redundant technote 1270583.
- 21 February 2012: Broken link checker finding link in the 26 Aug 11 comment removed
- 1 March 2012: Hopefully removing all traces of 127053. .
- 2 May 2012: Updating expiry date.
- 31 Jan 2014: Fixing broken link.
Original publication date